Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AIB Rewards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,937 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thanks registered. Some good offers there like €10 back on €35 spend at Lidl. €5 back on €40 @ Topaz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I signed up the the PTSB rewards initially until I read here that by signing up you are allowing Visa and the bank sell, use or disclose your purchasing data as they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

VeVeX wrote: »
    I signed up the the PTSB rewards initially until I read here that by signing up you are allowing Visa and the bank sell, use or disclose your purchasing data as they see fit.

Yup, because we currently don't leave any traces between the cave and the valley? :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Am I correct in saying its as easy as buying €35 in LIDL before 18th and €10 will be put into my account? Wheres the catch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

TheDriver wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying its as easy as buying ?35 in LIDL before 18th and ?10 will be put into my account? Wheres the catch?

id say it, the boots and the topaz offer are opening offers, the rest are pretty meh. Maybe they will have more good offers after the 18th. Worth signing up for anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

TheDriver wrote: »
    Am I correct in saying its as easy as buying €35 in LIDL before 18th and €10 will be put into my account? Wheres the catch?

Look at AIB's charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 fmichelle_4cn

Will it has to be one single transaction to spend €35 in LIDL?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Do you have to do something to redeem each offer or will it be automatically credited to your card once you register?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Do you have to do something to redeem each offer or will it be automatically credited to your card once you register?

From their site:
    Money will be automatically paid straight to your registered AIB Visa Debit or Credit card typically within five business days

Will have a look at T&C later, but if something can claw back the charges then happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Why is the paranoid cynic in me questioning why the website directs you to https://aib.visaoffers.eu and not something like "https://aib.ie/rewards/"

Also, I'm always very sceptical in putting my account details into anything, you have to confirm these details in the email they send you.

I wonder would there be an option to do this in branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

davo2001 wrote: »
    Why is the paranoid cynic in me questioning why the website directs you to https://aib.visaoffers.eu and not something like "https://aib.ie/rewards/"

Also, I'm always very sceptical in putting my account details into anything, you have to confirm these details in the email they send you.

If it came from AIB it's probably safe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

you don't put your account details anywhere, and the website is because it's powered by visa, not aib.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

You can also verify by checking the websites security certificate. Which looks good in this case.

They just ask for card numbers, which alone wont allow any "hackerz" to use the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It's a visa white labelled product, AIB use visa mostly, why on earth would you want to do this in a branch?

Irish people (not directed at you personally) are in love with going into branches, cheques, non-contactless cards and everything from the 1970's when it comes to banking.

These offers don't really appeal to me as I don't shop in Lidl/Topaz.

Prefer the free banking KBC give me and the cash rewards I get each month for using my cards (less than €4 a month but suits me better).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ideb

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Look at AIB's charges.

6. Charges

6.1 Your participation in the Cashback Service is made to you free of charge.

6.2 Payment of any money for goods or products and related charges (such as delivery) with Participating Merchants remains your sole responsibility.

Prefer the free banking KBC give me and the cash rewards I get each month for using my cards (less than €4 a month but suits me better).

If you apply for an AIB platinum card you get cash back on purchases. 0.5%

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    If you apply for an AIB platinum card you get cash back on purchases. 0.5%

if you spend over €5000 on the card within a 12 month period and earn over €40,000, not exactly the target audience of people looking to get money off in Lidl. and I'm not in need of another credit card even though I pay it off fully per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Signed up, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Larry Bee

I've signed up, but i'm not seeing any offers? Particularly wanted to take advantage of the lidl offer today. any ideas?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Larry Bee wrote: »
    I've signed up, but i'm not seeing any offers? Particularly wanted to take advantage of the lidl offer today. any ideas?

Surely all you need to do is sign up and add your card. Then you can simply go and spend in store and you'll automatically get reimbursed within 5 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Apologies if I am asking the dumbass of the week question .. does this work with AIB credit card ? I am finding it a bit sketchy to clarify if it does or not ?

Thanks
    Homer J

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Apologies if I am asking the dumbass of the week question .. does this work with AIB credit card ? I am finding it a bit sketchy to clarify if it does or not ?

Thanks
    Homer J

mentions it under the hero image
    AIB Everyday Rewards, in partnership with Visa, is exclusively for AIB customers. Simply use your AIB Visa Debit or Credit cards for your everyday shopping and receive cashback from some of Ireland’s favourite brands:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

andrew1977 wrote: »

Thanks
    Homer J

Probably worth noting, many of the offers seem to be usable with multiple cards so if you have a Visa debit and a Visa credit card you can get cash back twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

I logged onto it there to see what it is like. Cant see lidl or topaz offers. Have 10% back offers for Marks and Spencer, smyths toys and JD sports. Is there different offers or am I doing something wrong?

Fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just to make sure I fully understand it (just signed up there).

If I go into H&M today and buy over €40 worth of stuff, €10 will automatically go back into my bank account in a few days?

Good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    I logged onto it there to see what it is like. Cant see lidl or topaz offers. Have 10% back offers for Marks and Spencer, smyths toys and JD sports. Is there different offers or am I doing something wrong?

Fixed it

Just signed out and back in there and all offers showing up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Larry Bee

callaway92 wrote: »
    Just to make sure I fully understand it (just signed up there).

If I go into H&M today and buy over €40 worth of stuff, €10 will automatically go back into my bank account in a few days?

Good stuff

I don't think this is necessarily the case - the website states that "the offers are activated automatically when they are sent to you by email or displayed when you sign in. You can use these immediately by making a qualifying purchase"

In my case, I haven't got an email and there is nothing showing up - and I've just logged out and back in again. Maybe you've got the email and can therefore just work away

• Registered Users Posts: 5,715 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I signed up now.
    Lets see how good it is, if it is any!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

If I have a debit and credit card, do I need them on separate email addresses or can I doubly benefit on same account if I use each in lidl

• Advertisement

if you spend over €5000 on the card within a 12 month period and earn over €40,000, not exactly the target audience of people looking to get money off in Lidl. and I'm not in need of another credit card even though I pay it off fully per month.

I put everything through my credit card so very easy to put thousands through every month. I try and avoid all cash transactions.

I also don't have any hang ups about shopping in Lidl, Aldi or any other shop so win win.

Advertisement