Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

64-0 Todd. Maul from line out

71-0 Savea galloping down wing. Bridge and Reece are playing superb. 47 mins gone

Whitelock subbed off 50 mins for Scotty the missile Barrett

hat trick for Bridge. 78-0 52 mins gone

4 for bridge. 85-0

56 mins

• Advertisement

92-0 Crotty

Allblacks have taken Crotty off and not replaced him to finish game with 14 men intentionally for last 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

So sorry to hear the early passing of Chester Williams - a true trailblazer for what modern rugby is today and superb player.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭part time punk

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but The Story of Rugby is a 6 part documentary all about the history of rugby. First 4 parts up on the RTE player. Well worth watching imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I know the lower tier teams want these games, but seriously how could that be good for Tonga going into a World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Portsalon

NeonWolf wrote: »
    92-0 Crotty

Allblacks have taken Crotty off and not replaced him to finish game with 14 men intentionally for last 15 minutes.

And Tonga scored the last try! The kiwis will be gutted!

FT 92 - 7.

FT Australia 34 (6t) - Samoa 15 (2t).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,267 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This is something I brought up and a few of us discussed today and nobody had an answer..

Is it by rule or convention that the ball goes in on the tight head's side of the scrum?

lawred2 wrote: »
    This is something I brought up and a few of us discussed today and nobody had an answer..

Is it by rule or convention that the ball goes in on the tight head's side of the scrum?

For the reference all of us have played rugby all our lives

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It goes in on the loose head side and it’s by rule
    Apologies just looked it up and it’s a choice, surprised at that as I don’t think I’ve ever seen it go in on the tight heads side. Easier for a hooker on the loose side if he’s right footed.

salmocab wrote: »
    Apologies just looked it up and it’s a choice, surprised at that as I don’t think I’ve ever seen it go in on the tight heads side. Easier for a hooker on the loose side if he’s right footed.

Yeah indeed sorry I meant to say loose head side...

I asked whether there was anything precluding the sh putting it in on the other side!? We mostly came to the conclusion that it was by convention... Realistically a tight head wouldn't see the ball coming in with the loose head having the jump on them

• Subscribers Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

If you put it in the tight head side, you have get the ball past the opposition hooker before it gets to your own hooker.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If you put it in the tight head side, you have get the ball past the opposition hooker before it gets to your own hooker.

This is the answer.

The way the front rows bind makes it easier for your own Hooker to strike, he's closer to the SH. Opposition Hooker has his strike leg much further away

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

salmocab wrote: »
    Not by law. You have choice but as syd says you put it to side with your loosehead as you dont have to go past opposition hooker before your hooker
    Yeah indeed sorry I meant to say loose head side...

I asked whether there was anything precluding the sh putting it in on the other side!? We mostly came to the conclusion that it was by convention... Realistically a tight head wouldn't see the ball coming in with the loose head having the jump on them
    Nothing to stop you doing it though you may see ref say something if you were doing it at lower levels of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

https://twitter.com/EdinburghRugby/status/1171030784700035072?s=19

Good news for Edinburgh. A full house at a stadium like that creates a cauldron like atmosphere rather than the echoes of a mostly empty Murrayfield.

Plan is to be open for the 2020/2021 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rugby 20 announced. Looks ****e but should be a laugh. Ireland licensed It seems

https://www.menstuff.co.za/games/rugby-20-first-screenshots-release-date-revealed/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I think a DOR role would suit O'Shea down to the ground. Anything I've heard about his time in Italy always references the great work he did with developing the game there, across all levels, but it always sounded like he was doing the job of several people and not just a head coach, which is probably what Italy need at this stage.

Would like to think that the IRFU have been in contact also, I think he'd be a great asset under Nucifora's remit in terms of development of the game, but who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

I always thought that Conor O’Shea would end up back at London Irish in some capacity.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

https://twitter.com/EdinburghRugby/status/1171030784700035072?s=19

Good news for Edinburgh. A full house at a stadium like that creates a cauldron like atmosphere rather than the echoes of a mostly empty Murrayfield.

Plan is to be open for the 2020/2021 season.
    Headed to Myreside for Edinburgh V Munster before we played Scotland a couple of years ago. It's an absolutely fantastic spot and the atmosphere was top notch. I assume there are issues with local residents preventing them from using it full time, but I thought it was a perfect stadium with a capacity of 5.5k.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rugby 20 announced. Looks ****e but should be a laugh. Ireland licensed It seems

https://www.menstuff.co.za/games/rugby-20-first-screenshots-release-date-revealed/

Feck how it looks, I want to know how it plays

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Rugby challenge 4 also announced

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/rugby-challenge-4-announced-will-include-super-rugby-teams-and-a-new-career-mode/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

PTH2009 wrote: »

Rugby challenge 4 also announced

https://www.criticalhit.net/gaming/rugby-challenge-4-announced-will-include-super-rugby-teams-and-a-new-career-mode/

Can't wait to play with those licensees rabo direct Pro 12 teams

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Zebo was named at 13 for Racing at the weekend which is.... interesting.

https://twitter.com/racing92/status/1172902875091152899

aloooof wrote: »
    Zebo was named at 13 for Racing at the weekend which is.... interesting.

https://twitter.com/racing92/status/1172902875091152899

Explains his gradual transition into Bastareud...!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

CVC bought 15% of 6 Nations. Close to a deal with pro 14 too apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement