Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl €5 wine sale

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 La.m

Nothing in the Cork Togher store either - staff checked with the manager and apparently they're just not doing the promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

snowgal wrote: »
    ah really? :( Was just going to head up there in the next hour, damnnnnnn

Was there at 10.30, if any €5 wine had been there, shelves would have been bare by time you arrived !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,875 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nothing in East Wall... doh.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Plenty in Tralee Edward St. Nothing terribly exciting as far as I could make out but still excellent value all the same so picked up a case load of various reds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Whole shelf by the tills FULL in Stillorgan at lunchtime.
    Nobody was buying any of them as they had no price on them, just said "SALE".
    Confirmed with staff member they were all €5 so my wallet is a lot lighter now as is the display!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Just back from LIDL Cavan still some marked at €5 on the shelf. However I had read earlier that the Gigondas (a good Rhône red) was on sale. So I got a price check on it from the normal display (it was showing as 16.99). Pricecheck came up as €5 so I grabbed 6, happy camper. Seems some staff didn’t bother labelling them but the price is reduced at the till. Plenty more of it left for anyone close, or grab it from the normal section in any store and check price

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

None in Lidl smithfield either, I've asked the staff and he said they didn't receive the stock :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Loads in Oranmore. I about 10-12 different ones. I got 10. No idea if any are any good. I googled a few and most are around the 9.99 mark anyway so still half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Only a choice of 3 in sallynoggin, not a bad choice. Argagonia, a Beaujolais and a saint emmilio..picked up a dozen

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

wifey picked up 3 bottles of Beaujolais 2016 in Nutgrove - will be going back with them tomorrow - 3 years old, not drinkable. also a few bottles of chardonnay and vinho Branco - wouldn't say they were ever worth any more than a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Loads in Oranmore. I about 10-12 different ones. I got 10. No idea if any are any good. I googled a few and most are around the 9.99 mark anyway so still half price.

Yeah googling the ones in my local Lidl suggested they were all originally around the tenner mark too.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

clevtrev wrote:
    wifey picked up 3 bottles of Beaujolais 2016 in Nutgrove - will be going back with them tomorrow - 3 years old, not drinkable. also a few bottles of chardonnay and vinho Branco - wouldn't say they were ever worth any more than a fiver

Presume you mean the Beaujolais Villages, had a bottle this evening and thought it was really good, definitely far better than a €5 wine should be. Totally disagree with the notion that a Beaujolais Villages is good for only 2 years, I have had many that are 3 or more years old and have been excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Took the advise given and took these as they were the last of their types left. Fingers crossed.

Just FYI the st Emilion one is €20 normal price, as in my lidl today. It’s a good bottle to have/drink/give! So I reckon if you see it get it! Also, note it’s 15% :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I picked up a dusty Carmignano Medici Riccardi in Portlaoise

Advertisement