Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Christmas Song Are You Listening To?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Dionne Warwick releasing Christmas duets album
    Dionne Warwick has recorded an album of Christmas duets with famous pals like Johnny Mathis, Michael Mcdonald and Aloe Blacc.
    Dionne Warwick & The Voices of Christmas features 12 festive favourites
    http://www.hollywood.com/general/dionne-warwick-releasing-christmas-duets-album-60761476/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

otnomart wrote: »
    Dionne Warwick releasing Christmas duets album
    Dionne Warwick has recorded an album of Christmas duets with famous pals like Johnny Mathis, Michael Mcdonald and Aloe Blacc.
    Dionne Warwick & The Voices of Christmas features 12 festive favourites
    http://www.hollywood.com/general/dionne-warwick-releasing-christmas-duets-album-60761476/

I have heard of Warwick however haven't heard of the other three.

Am I too old, too young or just have bad taste in music?!?!

TRS30 wrote: »

I am same as you ! Was hoping that the other Elves would enlighten me !
    She has got a nice voice, that's for sure.

"A nursery in the Isle of Man is aiming to be Christmas number one with a charity single released in collaboration with the local Children’s Hospital.
    The nursery is working with a Manchester- based production company to create the single, which will launch in December".

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=50851&headline=Nursery%20aims%20for%20Christmas%20Number%201&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

"A nursery in the Isle of Man is aiming to be Christmas number one with a charity single released in collaboration with the local Children’s Hospital.
    The nursery is working with a Manchester- based production company to create the single, which will launch in December".

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=50851&headline=Nursery%20aims%20for%20Christmas%20Number%201&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2019

Anything that beats X Factor has my vote!

• Advertisement

The news actually reminded me of the Sainsbury Christmas advert from last year, it was so cute !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

TRS30 wrote: »

I feel both old and sad that a fellow elf doesn't recognise Johnny Mathis! :D

He sang "When A Child Is Born" - a huge worldwide Christmas hit and "We Need A Little Christmas" which is a staple of Christmas FM.

Michael McDonald is a legendary soul singer who was in The Doobie Brothers and you might know "Ya Mo Be There" as a huge hit for him.

I'm off to drown my sorrows in a hot chocolate.......

washiskin wrote: »
    I feel both old and sad that a fellow elf doesn't recognise Johnny Mathis! :D

He sang "When A Child Is Born" - a huge worldwide Christmas hit and "We Need A Little Christmas" which is a sraple of Christmas FM.

Michael McDonald is a legendary soul singer who was in The Doobie Brothers and you might know "Ya Mo Be There" as a huge hit for him.

I'm off to drown my sorrows in a hot chocolate.......

I've heard of The Doobie Brothers if that's any consolation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pardonme

Oh my goodness - they are playing Chrimbo tunes on loop at Trago Mills - IN SEPTEMBER

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

This is October, but thanks for your input.

Here is our charter if you want to have a read. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Speaking of crimbo music, the kids are sticking on that Starz christmas channel on sky every day now... I keep telling them it'll drag the build up for them & to wait until after halloween but they're just not having it...(I wonder where they get it from)

I must admit i've started to get a hankering for some 'seasonal' music early this year & have even started to put together & check out some spotify play lists... normally wait until Dec 1st for the tunes but reckon I'll change my kick off day to the Christmas FM launch instead.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Elf number 2 was banging out 'We wish you a merry Christmas.....' in the car yesterday. When I asked him why he was singing that he said they have started practicing for their Christmas show in Montessori!

The Last Christmas movie soundtrack is revealed, including title of new George Michael song
    https://www.smoothradio.com/news/music/last-christmas-movie-soundtrack-george-michael/

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pardonme

The Last Christmas movie soundtrack is revealed, including title of new George Michael song

And I hear Andrew just happens to be doing the rounds....Graham Norton Friday, Saturday Live the next morning...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some relaxing music on a Wednesday :)

John Legend is revamping ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ (with Kelly Clarkson with updated lyrics by Legend and comedian Natasha Rothwell) and releasing deluxe version of his Christmas album, ‘A Legendary Christmas,’ on November 8th.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/john-legend-a-legendary-christmas-deluxe-904458/

Robbie Williams | Merry Xmas Everybody ft. Jamie Cullum

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can anyone recommend a good Christmas CD for the car?
    Possibly one that the granddaughters can sing along to please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I'd say you can't go wrong with something like "Now That's What I Call Christmas", three CDs with seventy-tracks, there's bound to be something for everyone on it. Amazon page has wide choice of alternatives as well. LINK

We have this one in the car for when the kids want to sing along to something.

Only when they ask though, otherwise its Christmas FM all the time.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Very-Merry-Disney-Christmas/dp/B076X3WQN7/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=61166870831&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlsHT7NTS5QIViLPtCh17MgLzEAAYASAAEgI6yPD_BwE&hvadid=291391017968&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=1007854&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=5638939508598338496&hvtargid=kwd-317225779396&hydadcr=8466_1790190&keywords=disney+christmas+music+cd&qid=1572942967&sr=8-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Jude13

I had the Home Alone 1 Original soundtrack in my car when I sold it last summer. The man must have thought I was loon.

Even over here I stream christmas fm, it makes it special when a song I like comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Reminds me of one Christmas craft fair in a big hotel . They put me in the foyer, great spot, but next to a life sized Santa who started singing " Jingle bell rock" every time anyone passed it..

I love the deep silence here more than any music..oh and Lessons and Carols from KIngs College on Christmas Eve is the start of my blissfully peaceful time ..

Advertisement