Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

odyssey06 wrote: »
    The Hearty Food company Cottage Pie 400g looked a bargain at €1.75 ... but it turns out it is basically a mash potato pie with a spoonful of beef and gravy in it :(
    always check the ingredients, listed in order of greatest first, some cheap own brand stuff is pretty good, like some curry sauces can be high in more expensive ingredients like cream or coconut.

Those value meals are very watery

This is the cottage pie.
    INGREDIENTS: Potato (59%), Beef (15%), Water, Onion, Carrot, Cornflour, Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Beef Fat, Tomato Purée, Caramelised Sugar, Onion Powder, Carrot Juice from Concentrate, Pepper, Black Pepper.

so 60g of beef, just a bit more than half a quarter pounder, miserable.

The "finest" cottage pie is 32%.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Volvic flavour water is €1 a bottle for the 1.5 litre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

rubadub wrote: »
    always check the ingredients, listed in order of greatest first, some cheap own brand stuff is pretty good, like some curry sauces can be high in more expensive ingredients like cream or coconut.

Those value meals are very watery

This is the cottage pie.
    INGREDIENTS: Potato (59%), Beef (15%), Water, Onion, Carrot, Cornflour, Rapeseed Oil, Salt, Beef Fat, Tomato Purée, Caramelised Sugar, Onion Powder, Carrot Juice from Concentrate, Pepper, Black Pepper.

so 60g of beef, just a bit more than half a quarter pounder, miserable.

The "finest" cottage pie is 32%.

quarter pounder has 113g of beef, 60g is smaller than the little flat cheap burgers. And then what quality is the "beef" too.

That "hearty" range is best avoided

• Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Another 3 for €4 offer starting tomorrow until 04 August

36 items
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32900053

a few examples, other crisps and sweets included

IDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpg and elite , choc Kimberley

IDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpg

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    IDShot_225x225.jpg

Also, a 3 for €25 offer on Fairy non bio pods, Pampers nappies, wipes etc
    16 items until Tuesday 11th August

few examples
    https://www podstesco.ie/groceries/SpecialOffers/SpecialOfferDetail/Default.aspx?promoId=R32899516

IDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpgIDShot_225x225.jpg

end dates may be online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

gobo99 wrote: »
    The hearty food company is just "tesco value" rebranded
    "Eastmans" ham and "growers harvest" frozen veg are other ones

Oh yes !! Had the worst quiche ever from Eastmans. Couldn’t get any sort of taste from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Check your post lads. Got a few €12 off €60 with my clubcard vouchers today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I got some €15 off a €70 purchase vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭zell12

We got no coupons, probably because we stopped shopping there a few months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

zell12 wrote: »
    We got no coupons, probably because we stopped shopping there a few months ago

I shop there every week and didn't get coupons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I rarely shopped there last year, and got no coupons then. I've been shopping there every week since lockdown and still got no coupons, just my usual Clubcard ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I rarely shopped there last year, and got no coupons then. I've been shopping there every week since lockdown and still got no coupons, just my usual Clubcard ones.

Same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Check your post lads. Got a few €12 off €60 with my clubcard vouchers today :)
    finbarrk wrote: »
    I got some €15 off a €70 purchase vouchers.

How many vouchers?
    casio4 wrote: »
    I shop there every week and didn't get coupons

Same, Tesco would be my primary market and similarly no coupons received. Last time there were reported coupons sent with the earned vouchers I complained to their customer support as to why I didn't receive any money off vouchers for being a loyal customers while infrequent shoppers had. After some arguing they said they couldn't re-issue vouchers and as a poor compromise added 1k points to my clubcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

I have been a loyal Tesco shopper since early November. Especially during the lockdown with my shopping doubling as I was doing it for my elderly parents as well. Really disappointed to receive next to nothing after a huge significant spend. Contacted customer service and received a brush off, shocking stuff, really unhappy to say the least.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've only done the odd bit of shopping in Tesco in the past 18 months. Haven't got any spend & save vouchers from them in that time, until now. Got six €5 off €25 vouchers in the post yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Really disappointed to receive next to nothing after a huge significant spend.
    That is probably what caused it, they have no need to attract big spenders.

I got 6x €10/€50 vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got 6 €10 off €50 spends today, just a pity their beer deals are scarce. I've been using the clubcard for about 1/3 of my shops.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No vouchers- but EUR44 in money back.
    I used not shop in Tesco (at all) but did a fair bit of shopping with them during the lockdown (I'd guess we averaged >200 per week with them).
    No thankyou from them- so I'm going to take my custom elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

No vouchers- but EUR44 in money back.
    I used not shop in Tesco (at all) but did a fair bit of shopping with them during the lockdown (I'd guess we averaged >200 per week with them).
    No thankyou from them- so I'm going to take my custom elsewhere.

me too !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

As a matter of interest, those that got 10/50 vouchers, have you been spending in Tesco as normal Or are these a lure? Seems completely hit and miss who got some

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

My Tesco shop has reduced a huge amount. I got the 12 off 60 vouchers which I won't use most of.

Phone credit is a useful way to increase the spend but remember that it has a 90 day expiry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,254 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I didn't get any money off spend vouchers. I shop there too often.

I emailed them just to satisfy myself, knowing I will get a bullsh1t " targeted marketed campaign" blah blah blah response.

Loyalty costs....... me!

Really need to get a second clubcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

CH3OH wrote: »
    I didn't get any money off spend vouchers. I shop there too often.

I emailed them just to satisfy myself, knowing I will get a bullsh1t " targeted marketed campaign" blah blah blah response.

Loyalty costs....... me!

Really need to get a second clubcard.

I have two clubcards, one got "money off spend" vouchers, the other which is used less didn't. Useless to me anyway because they don't accept them online and we're still cocooning. I shop with supervalu now instead as they give "money off spend" vouchers every week through the app that can be used online.
    I wrote to tesco about it 4 days ago but go no response. They don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Just Clubcard vouchers myself, though I'm not feeling the Tesco love any more. I mostly shop in Airside, using the "Scan as you Shop" facility. Fed up finding only 1 till open on a regular basis. So I asked one of the operators who told me that Tesco are simply not giving the staff the hours any more. So, I've gone back to my old stomping ground of JC's/Dunnes on the Rathbeale road. Happier too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

rushfan wrote: »
    Just Clubcard vouchers myself, though I'm not feeling the Tesco love any more. I mostly shop in Airside, using the "Scan as you Shop" facility. Fed up finding only 1 till open on a regular basis. So I asked one of the operators who told me that Tesco are simply not giving the staff the hours any more. So, I've gone back to my old stomping ground of JC's/Dunnes on the Rathbeale road. Happier too.

You mean you prefer queuing up for a cashier than just using scan as you shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Definitely not, probably should have clarified. The one open till serves everybody regardless of whether they're using "Scan" or not. It removes the supposed advantage of using same. Also, their butcher & fish counters have been closed since Covid started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I got club card vouchers. No money off anything. Am moving to dunnes ,much nicer shopping experience and better deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Finally got this response from Tesco: "Unfortunately these coupons are sent out at random and are a gesture.
    These coupons have unique codes that can only be accepted in store."

Some gesture! Not exactly crying out for my custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

So any bargains around ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

OmegaGene wrote: »
    So any bargains around ?

Airwick airfreshner- several different scents, all half price @ 1.94 each......?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Discodog wrote: »
    My Tesco shop has reduced a huge amount. I got the 12 off 60 vouchers which I won't use most of.

Phone credit is a useful way to increase the spend but remember that it has a 90 day expiry.
    Three top-up vouchers expire after 90 days but Vodafone vouchers are valid for two years!

Advertisement