Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Official 2019 US Open Thread - Pebble Beach

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not your pal. Contrary to what your God complex thinks all opinions are not equal especially when there is as little thought process behind it as yours.

Calling someone mentally bottling a tournament that is 5 shots behind and aggressively taking on the 2nd shows what little golf you know (aka) your three majors) LIke I said opinion it away. Just be prepared to be called out and laughed at.

Enjoy the beers I'm sure when the wife is back come the next major I wont have my mind quite as blown with your analysis.

What a rotten post

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

glasso wrote: »
    What you gonna do, what you gonna do, when Brooks Koepka is comin for you?

Really likeable guy and his journey to here is a lesson that perseverance and sheer determination with the will to win and learn coupled with skill is a formula for success.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,828 ✭✭✭doc_17

doc_17 wrote: »
    Please God Rose doesn’t win

Why? He is a sound enough guy.
    Better than hearing that silly USA chant all night.
    The trip to Saudi Arabia was disgusting. That’s why. Rotten given the timing and the state murder of Jamal Khasoggi. Rose and DJ took the money. Now, if they were pros struggling to make a pound then that’s one thing....but how much money do you need? What is the price of your character?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not your pal. Contrary to what your God complex thinks all opinions are not equal especially when there is as little thought process behind it as yours.

Calling someone mentally bottling a tournament that is 5 shots behind and aggressively taking on the 2nd shows what little golf you know (aka) your three majors) LIke I said opinion it away. Just be prepared to be called out and laughed at.

Enjoy the beers I'm sure when the wife is back come the next major I wont have my mind quite as blown with your analysis.
    Leave the personal stuff out. Hit the report button. Thanks

callaway92 wrote: »
    What a rotten post

No worries, you've clearly not read the exchange before hand but sure faux outrage isn't that what we are all about.

I suggest you scroll back and look at some earlier retorts, you'll understand why my post has a "hint" of snide about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Going to lock this thread if people don’t cop on.

No worries, you've clearly not read the exchange before hand but sure faux outrage isn't that what we are all about.

I suggest you scroll back and look at some earlier retorts, you'll understand why my post has a "hint" of snide about it.

Come on man - I’ve pretty-much read every post in-the-thread. Been following it live with the tournament.

Keano wrote: »
    Leave the personal stuff out. Hit the report button. Thanks

Hardly personal, more 70/30 calling out his ridiculous assessment of Mcilroys double bogey.

Its clear people dont read previous back and forth

callaway92 wrote: »
    Come on man - I’ve pretty-much read every post in-the-thread. Been following it live with the tournament.

Even more surprised then. Anyway I'll not tangent any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

that's me out.
    Enjoy the golf lads.

• Advertisement

Anytime ive seen willet his arg game has been magnificent

• Registered Users Posts: 51,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

doc_17 wrote: »
    The trip to Saudi Arabia was disgusting. That’s why. Rotten given the timing and the state murder of Jamal Khasoggi. Rose and DJ took the money. Now, if they were pros struggling to make a pound then that’s one thing....but how much money do you need? What is the price of your character?

I doubt there’s a golfer out there without some bit of baggage but thanks for explaining your opinion anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Great from the amateur

I doubt there’s a golfer out there without some bit of baggage but thanks for explaining your opinion anyway.

At least Rose had the good grace to miss the cut there and sergio the hero tried to take the course out :p

Brooks in trouble here.

Tiger holding the hip

Just need woodland to drop a few and we have a tournament

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Tiger has actually played quite well in plenty of spells this week. Has made a balls of the first 7 holes each day really and they are considered the easier holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Rose back in this now. Just needs to hold steady.

Tiger has actually played quite well in plenty of spells this week. Has made a balls of the first 7 holes each day really and they are considered the easier holes.

Day one drove well irons off putted fantastic, day 2 drove well irons brilliant couldn't putt, last 2 days a mish mash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Was there some lad going for a piss by Adam Scott's wayward drive there?!

• Advertisement

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Was there some lad going for a piss by Adam Scott's wayward drive there?!

Ahha I thought I sent that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

great up and down from woodland there
    great up and down from tiger there

Has woodland hit a bad shot yet this round

Ya - went over the 7th into the bunker.

Good up-and-down tho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

One, very impressive to be fair after never winning from the lead in a final round.

Back 9 now is going to be very very interesting. I'd expect a lot of dropped shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Nice to see Shane Lowry finishing under par.

A 3 shot lead for Woodland now. Playing very steady golf.

A 3 shot lead for Woodland now. Playing very steady golf.

Going to drop some now 😉

• Advertisement

and thats how quickly things can change is poor ewans most over used phrase

game on kind of

Advertisement