Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Litecoin Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Should've cashed out at 120. Falling back now. 108 and dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

nah have faith it will be fine ,still some gains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

BTC also falling in sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

BTC's all over the feckin' place while LTC is zooming. Hoping for a major correction soon.

Bought some more LTC with the cash from my ETH sales, which has actually also risen today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Guys, bubbles burst. if you're lucky enough to have bought any of these in 2010 or when they were dirt cheap, count your blessings and your lucky stars and get out now. You may may have a tinge of regret about not getting richer if they keep going up, but think how you'll feel if the bubble bursts and it all goes down the toilet. That's not a place you want to be.

That's just an honest opinion from someone who doesn't have any (ah well.....). No skin in the game, just some food for thought. No abuse, please, this is meant well! If you're happy with where you're at that's your call.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

"The bubble's burst"

Prices are rising. Well done genius.

Guys, bubbles burst. if you're lucky enough to have bought any of these in 2010 or when they were dirt cheap, count your blessings and your lucky stars and get out now. You may may have a tinge of regret about not getting richer if they keep going up, but think how you'll feel if the bubble bursts and it all goes down the toilet. That's not a place you want to be.

That's just an honest opinion from someone who doesn't have any (ah well.....). No skin in the game, just some food for thought. No abuse, please, this is meant well! If you're happy with where you're at that's your call.....

Thanks for the advice, but it could apply to any investment - traditional or 'new'.

Invest what you can afford to lose i.e. "enough to feel but not to hurt"

"The bubble's burst"

Why don't you read what I actually said.

"The bubble's burst"

Why don't you read what I actually said.

I did. Do you dispute that you said that the bubble has burst? It patently hasn't. LTC and ETH are at all time highs. BTC has tripled in the last three months. It may be on the verge of bursting. Who knows what will happen when the Wall Street money comes into play?

One thing is certain though, as of now it hasn't burst. So, having thoroughly read what you wrote, you're pointedly wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I'm only selling if it hits 500. In for a couple years

I did. Do you dispute that you said that the bubble has burst? It patently hasn't. LTC and ETH are at all time highs. BTC has tripled in the last three months. It may be on the verge of bursting. Who knows what will happen when the Wall Street money comes into play?

One thing is certain though, as of now it hasn't burst. So, having thoroughly read what you wrote, you're pointedly wrong.

Maybe English is the problem. I said "bubbles burst". You invented the extra words and inverted commas to put it in the past tense. If you want to make some reasoned argument as to why it isn't a bubble etc, please do, these are just opinions, but if you've re-read my post thoroughly and you still think I said that the bubble had burst, I'm afraid I can't help you any further with that.

Ah, my apologies. I assumed like many people on these threads you didn't know how to use an apostrophe.

Cheerfully withdrawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

I think what we can all agree on is that Crypto's are here to stay.

It's the future

The future of what? Value storing? Currency?

Ah, my apologies. I assumed like many people on these threads you didn't know how to use an apostrophe.

Cheerfully withdrawn!

Fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fran426ft

Looks like Lite went crazy over night. Hit about €180 on GDAX before a big correction. Unfortunately I had a sell order at €120. Didnt have much coin and profit is profit. Might go back in if it dips back down later.

Incredible night. Up 75% for a relatively big coin is almost unthinkable. This happens a lot with pump and dumps on the smaller alts but you don't expect it with any of the top 10 coins (ignoring iota).

Not sure I have the balls to stay in much longer.

Nothing wrong with taking profit. Especially in apparently random spikes. You can always set a buy order for something more reasonable if you think it's going to revert. That's what I did anyway (for the same reason). Don't see another huge jump on the cards for this coin today, although crypto has proved me wrong many times before.

• Advertisement

My passport and driving license are from different countries so trying to get ID verified on gdax taking its time, so can't get orders.

Nothing wrong with taking profits, absolutely agree. My portfolio return in just over two months (when I panic sold LTC that I'd previously bought at 24 euro...) is just shy of 200%. But then I'm greedy and I want everything to go to the moon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Someone, somewhere was pumping Litecoin. Litecoin almost always follows bitcoin. When bitcoin went sideways yesterday (and today) Litecoin should have followed it. Bit suspicious, considering.

Disclosure: I'm annoyed I didn't get in yesterday but FOMO is always a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭BKtje

My passport and driving license are from different countries so trying to get ID verified on gdax taking its time, so can't get orders.

Nothing wrong with taking profits, absolutely agree. My portfolio return in just over two months (when I panic sold LTC that I'd previously bought at 24 euro...) is just shy of 200%. But then I'm greedy and I want everything to go to the moon!

This caused me no problems for verification. Swiss driving licence, Irish passport card id.

I've an Irish passport, a UK driving license and I live in Spain. Combination of the 3 possibly causing the issue.

Anyway, it's with support. It'll happen when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

BKtje wrote: »
    This caused me no problems for verification. Swiss driving licence, Irish passport card id.

Ever work out for you?

I've the same issue, never had any luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

For once, my timing was impeccable. Just put 80% of my portfolio in LTC at the start of the week. Cashed it all out this morning. Please some nice drops now over Christmas so I can go back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

I stuck 2.5k into it today! I hope it works out..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Whats the deal with linking bank account on coinbase to sell? Is it a process which involves a long wait? My account has been verified and iv purchased a little litecoin but want to be ready to sell if i feel the need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭al2009

Takes a few days. make sure account has same name as you registered with, i tried to link a different account to it and it was refused. Also having some issues with using a debit card.

Advertisement