Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

RonanP77 wrote: »
    What's Telpis?

Apparently it's the new FB way of writing "God help us".
    I think it's brilliant!
    How long before someone thinks up "Tween us anal harm" for 'God between us and all harm'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Woshy wrote: »
    This actually physically upsets me. Why, just why?!

Although after reading this (and the previous) thread I sometimes think of "Telpis" and chuckle to myself. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen!

Pretty standard Midlands pronunciation of 'Saturday'. It's phonetic spelling that Mark Twain would have been proud of…

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

This one's ex used to send me messages on Facebook when they were married

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭fatknacker

Facebook and this thread are the window into the world of the great unwashed, for us middle classians.
    But a cleanish part of the window.

/shnob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

PandaPoo wrote: »
    This one's ex used to send me messages on Facebook when they were married

Would that make you the "hard woman"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

anna080 wrote: »
    Would that make you the "hard woman"?

Definitely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

gutenberg wrote: »
    Maybe not the dumbest one out there, but this one (and the comments underneath) made me laugh:

Girl 1:Ok. How many children does the queen have? And is her husband still alive? I'm so confused

Followed by comments such as:

Girl 2: Prince Philip is very much alive.

Girl 1: So how is she the queen then? Why don't we have a king?

Girl 1: Why is the queen dating a prince and not a king?

Girl 1: Is Prince William the queen's son?

It just went on & on from there. However, this final comment made me giggle:

Guy 1: In answer to your questions:
    - The Queen has never had any children. New royals are generated at appropriate intervals by slightly modifying one of a warehouse of cloned royal embryos.
    - Prince Philip was never alive.

Just link her to David Ickes theory on Lizard people, that should explain all her questions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Dat was d best night I had ina long time **** the stores & dat poxy chart music ino sum of it do b catchy but it's d hardhouse ye want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The new thing seems to be people missing. My newsfeed is like a bounty hunters inbox. I can across the most ridiculous one last night (shared by a friend of a friend). A woman's adult brother hadn't contacted her since before he went to work the same day and she was declaring him missing.

Jesus Christ he might have gotten the ride or his phone might be dead..... Or he might think your a bit of a drama queen and wanted a bit of space 😄

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

DVDM93 wrote: »

That's brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

The new thing seems to be people missing. My newsfeed is like a bounty hunters inbox. I can across the most ridiculous one last night (shared by a friend of a friend). A woman's adult brother hadn't contacted her since before he went to work the same day and she was declaring him missing.

Jesus Christ he might have gotten the ride or his phone might be dead..... Or he might think your a bit of a drama queen and wanted a bit of space 😄

I've just seen that one and It looks like that's a genuine missing person .

That's brilliant

"You know who you are".

Well the amount of times I've seen that in statuses worthy for this thread. They got that spot on :D along with everything else. Brilliant video!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,815 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I finally have something to contribute to this thread!
    sick of everybody talking about the equality vote, why are we offering the gays an option to get married now when it use to be f****n illegal to be gay and now they wana get married. i no for a fact if i was in school and a lad had two fathers id kick the bollox out of him haha. at the end of the day its just gonna lead to more f*****g q***rs coming into this country, in fairness two q***rs raising a child will just leave the child as bent as a ****ing camels back, next we'll a bunch of f****ts running the country. Vote No.

I'm really hoping this is a frape, but I've known this guy since primary school and he's a bit of a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I'm really hoping this is a frape, but I've known this guy since primary school and he's a bit of a scumbag.

I want to hit him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Methinks the lady doth protest too much ;)

Lads I keep thinking of Telpis at random moments and it kills me. Funniest thing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

See... This is why I don't just add everyone on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

To be honest, you should be embarrassed for yourself to be 'friends' with that individual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

ivytwine wrote: »
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much ;)

Lads I keep thinking of Telpis at random moments and it kills me. Funniest thing ever!

Same here !! I showed my daughter the status with Telpis , she was like wtf ?? And she's on facebook !! Now I'm constantly checking in here to make sure she doesn't say it, even in joking manner and end up being quoted :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Same here !! I showed my daughter the status with Telpis , she was like wtf ?? And she's on facebook !! Now I'm constantly checking in here to make sure she doesn't say it, even in joking manner and end up being quoted :D

You can be the "cool" parent who uses "hip" language to comment on her fb page and pics

That will definitely stop her using it

Telphis all :pac:

J Mysterio wrote: »
    To be honest, you should be embarrassed for yourself to be 'friends' with that individual.

Funnily enough, he's now backtracked and claimed he was fraped.

'Reli wish I wuz n a relashinship. Wud be so cute watchun filmz n netfliks havin cuddlz n getn fat eaten chinese nal haha not jus bout da ridin lol x'

Fcuk it anyway. It seems one of them has caught on to the whole 'anal' thing. This genius has cleverly replaced it with 'nal' making it quite the respectful status, very civil.

Funnily enough, he's now backtracked and claimed he was fraped.

Bullsh1t. He's only going back on it now because I can guarantee he got slated for it, unexpectedly to him I'd imagine. It will be a good day when this type of scumbag commits an unprovoked attack based on his own homophobic views and gets absolutely battered by an onlooker or two with the view of the majority.

Yep, there were people (figuratively) tearing him a new arsehole over that.

Yep, there were people (figuratively) tearing him a new arsehole over that.

He sounds disgusting. He's not alone though in that thinking, a lot of people think that two gay fathers can only mean that their children would be gay. Sure going by that logic wouldn't all straight parents have straight kids? Anyway that's off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

anna080 wrote: »
    He sounds disgusting. He's not alone though in that thinking, a lot of people think that two gay fathers can only mean that their children would be gay. Sure going by that logic wouldn't all straight parents have straight kids? Anyway that's off topic.

Logic?

RainyDay wrote: »
    Logic?

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Collage interview next Thursday finger crossed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement