Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when did men get so clueless with chat up lines???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭sells

you look georgeous.....thats not so clueless is it. there we go one man not clueless.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

vanessamee wrote: »
    Was out this evening with my friends when a guy came up to one of my friends and asked her did she know that lidis toilet paper blocks your sceptic tank we all burst out laughing and he asked her would she like a drink, its got to be the worst chat up line ive ever heard .

any one got worse ones!!!:eek:

Why don't you come up with some better ones yourself and chat up lads then, or is that just a man's job?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

vanessamee wrote: »
    fancy a good s**g :pac::pac:
    If you insist :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Heard a fella use

"what's the difference between a ferrari and a horn?.........
    i don't have a ferrari"

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hossbox

Doodoo wrote: »
    Heard a fella use

"what's the difference between a ferrari and a horn?.........
    i don't have a ferrari"

That's genius!
    Did it work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

So was out on Sunday night, was early in the evening, 7ish and two guys come over to my friend and I... conversation goes...

Him: Hi, eh are you enjoying yourselves?
    My friend: Yeah we are, how about you guys?
    Him: eh eh yeah, um eh *scratches balls* eh are you girls hungover?
    Me: what?!!!
    His friend: eh well like its early on a sunday evening, eh eh eh are you out for a cure... i mean eh its just that eh you look a bit eh hungover, like us
    My friend: are you saying we look terrible and hungover???
    His friend: eh no just that eh you might be and eh could we buy you a drink to make you eh feel better......

didn't end well!!! pretty clueless!!!

When it comes to being chatted up, or chatting others up.....what are the sleaziest and most clueless approaches you've witnessed...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Here we go again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Here we go again :(
    My thoughts exactly.
    Isn't there a thread going on in this already?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,042 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The term "chatting up" is sleazy in itself imo

I never chat up girls, just talk to them

This could be the reason I haven't scored in a while though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

So what sort of chat would have worked with you OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Choo choooooooooooooo smash

• Registered Users Posts: 45,176 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

"can I come on your face?" always works better

...im really getting a sense of deja vu here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I can't seem to make out your post at all, you were surely hungover while typing!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I don't chat up girls. The chloroform does most of the talking for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Hossbox wrote: »
    That's genius!
    Did it work?
    Got a few laughs and a few looks of disgust!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Not chatting but a "look". A guy who I sometimes used to go out drinking with used to claim he had a way of looking at women who might be interested in him and this look was supposed to attract them or something. It was essentially him staring at them in a kind of menacing yet slack-jawed way. Never seemed to work but apparently I was to blame for putting his mojo off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Ainsley Huge Labyrinth

So was out on Sunday night, was early in the evening, 7ish and two guys come over to my friend and I... conversation goes...

Your friend has a strange name, where did Conversation go anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

So OP, how many random strangers did you approach and talk to on the night out?

At least this guy had the cojones to do so, even if he made a dogs dinner of it I don't think it gives you the right to laugh at him.

I was told by a female friend that the way in which I got in contact with my current was sleazy. I met her while she was working only I never got her number. So I asked a friend of mine if he knew her as she had mentioned comics and he worked in the comic shop. Low and behold he knew her and gave me her number. We've been going out since. I did'nt see anything sleazy in the way I approched it but my friend said it was creepy and stalkerish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Him: Hi, eh are you enjoying yourselves?
    My friend: Yeah we are, how about you guys?
    Him: eh eh yeah, um eh *scratches balls* eh are you girls hungover?
    Me: what?!!!
    His friend: eh well like its early on a sunday evening, eh eh eh are you out for a cure... i mean eh its just that eh you look a bit eh hungover, like us
    My friend: are you saying we look terrible and hungover???
    His friend: eh no just that eh you might be and eh could we buy you a drink to make you eh feel better......

didn't end well!!! pretty clueless!!!

When it comes to being chatted up, or chatting others up.....what are the sleaziest and most clueless approaches you've witnessed...

Thanks OP. Getting critiques like this back is really helpful.

So you're saying next time we should merely allude to the fact that you and your friend look hungover and terrible as opposed to stating it outright?

Gotcha! Thanks for the tip. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

This won't end well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,274 ✭✭✭✭K-9

*scratches balls*

Bit off an exaggeration there?

*scratches balls*

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Banter Joe wrote: »
    This won't end well :cool:

Didn't start great either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

Do you like cheese?

Coz i'm an easy single

My co.....:D

My thoughts exactly.
    Isn't there a thread going on in this already?

sorry if it's repetitive... I didn't see the other one :(
    So OP, how many random strangers did you approach and talk to on the night out?

At least this guy had the cojones to do so, even if he made a dogs dinner of it I don't think it gives you the right to laugh at him.

I didn't laugh to his face...and I didn't chat up any random strangers cos I'm seeing someone... who I actually approached when we met!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Shouldn't these type threads be in the Ladies Lounge where they belong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Unpossible wrote: »
    Not chatting but a "look". A guy who I sometimes used to go out drinking with used to claim he had a way of looking at women who might be interested in him and this look was supposed to attract them or something. It was essentially him staring at them in a kind of menacing yet slack-jawed way. Never seemed to work but apparently I was to blame for putting his mojo off.

Oh jesus thats fcuking sad..

I didn't laugh to his face...and I didn't chat up any random strangers cos I'm seeing someone... who I actually approached when we met!! :rolleyes:
    Quit your bragging :(

:pac:

• Advertisement

Quit your bragging :(

:pac:

jealous anyone? :rolleyes:

Advertisement