Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

12v Output from HKC Panel for Home Automation

Options
  • 18-10-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I have a smart home server that I am looking to alert me when the alarm is activated.

I already used a zone for arm/disarm so I have that on my smart home app but now I want to be able to have the alarm panel tell the smart home panel when it is going off.

I have tried changing output 2 to alarm+and internal bell+ but neither work. I am looking for a 12v output. I thought one of the above would give me that but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Take a permanent 12 v + from the aux power & take the negative from the output & programme as alarm -
    That pair will generate 12vdc when an alarm activates.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

Thanks for that KoolKid.
    The smart home server's input needs a 12v+ signal so not a circuit as such if that makes sense. Is there anyway of creating that do you know?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

17larsson wrote:
    Thanks for that KoolKid. The smart home server's input needs a 12v+ signal so not a circuit as such if that makes sense. Is there anyway of creating that do you know?
    I think that's what he gave you.

Under what conditions do you want the 12V

Alarm activation ?

Yes but with that way the 12v+ is constant and the negative comes on at alarm activation to complete the circuit.
    My input is just a single connection that needs a 12v+ signal to activate.
    I tried setting the output to 'alarm +' but it doesn't work either.
    I'm definitely missing something basic here but I can't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Stick an isolator between the two - it'd be a good idea anyway

• Advertisement

I could use a 12v conactor and break the 12v signal through it but I just thought there would be a way of doing it with just the panel

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Probably not enough power from the output.
    Use negative output to trigger 1 12vdc relay with the aux positive going through the N O contacts.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Probably not enough power from the output.
    Use negative output to trigger 1 12vdc relay with the aux positive going through the N O contacts.
    Yeah that's what I'll have to do, cheer for the replies all

Advertisement