Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix on Apple TV / iOS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

antodeco wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping me having a few months of the free trial, if I load it separately on multiple devices?

yes, it's tied to your email and credit card. having several emails and several credit cards is the only way to achieve what you're trying to set out to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gibbo_ireland

Yeah same for me - get the message on my ATV - tried signing out of iTunes under settings, and changing region just in case wasnt enabled for Ireland through Apple yet, and unplugged/rebooted several times, still getting the Netflix currently unavailable message.

Shame - hoped to play with it tonight...sniff.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

antodeco wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping me having a few months of the free trial, if I load it separately on multiple devices?

yes, it's tied to your email and credit card. having several emails and several credit cards is the only way to achieve what you're trying to set out to do.

Thanks to the Celtic tiger I unfortunately have many of both :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Works perfect for me on my Apple tv and my iPhone. As others have said, content seems limited, hopefully that'll improve. For 7 quid a month, it's worth a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Griffinx

Reboot of the ATV worked for me.

Thanks Gx

• Advertisement

On ATV I'm getting a lot of

An error occurred loading this content

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Works ok for me since plugging out unit. Getting alot of freezing though
    on 8mb BB package, only watch SD stuff.

anyone have any problems streaming over meteor 3G? think we've another blacklisted url on our hands like the weather widget.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

On the ATV2:

Settings --> General --> Network --> Configure TCP/IP --> Manually

Leave everything the same except for DNS. Change DNS to google:

Unplug power cable for a minute or so.

This seems to have fixed any issues the Americans have had with Netflix on ATV2 in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

smtdos wrote: »
    On the ATV2:

Settings --> General --> Network --> Configure TCP/IP --> Manually

Leave everything the same except for DNS. Change DNS to google:

Unplug power cable for a minute or so.

This seems to have fixed any issues the Americans have had with Netflix on ATV2 in the past.

Didn't work for me unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

anyone have any problems streaming over meteor 3G? think we've another blacklisted url on our hands like the weather widget.

Not working for me on iOS but someone had a result on Meteor with an Android

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056509706&page=3

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Working flawlessly on my iPhone 4s over wifi, will test with 3G tomorrow.

My ATV 2 tho, that's a whole other ball game!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

If you use an American account, it will show up in the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

eeloe wrote: »
    Working flawlessly on my iPhone 4s over wifi, will test with 3G tomorrow.

My ATV 2 tho, that's a whole other ball game!

Hey EEloe, any luck with 3G ? I have the app installed on IP4 - app installed fine. When activated, I get teh timer for a few secs then a blank grey splashscreen - no error messages. Uninstalled / reinstalled - same issue. Maybe a VF / 3G issue.

EDIT: Restart has done the trick. Perfect over 3G ( full signal area )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Anyone know if it's geoblocked? Can't see in T&Cs what access I would have outside Ireland.

Edit: just found this in their terms of use so seems like I would have some access if I brought my iPad to the us this summer.

"Geographic Limitation: You may instantly watch a movie or TV show through the Netflix service only in geographic locations where we offer our service. The content that may be available to watch will vary by geographic location. Netflix will use technologies to verify your geographic location"

I'm getting error 139 when i try to watch something over 3G!

Good ole reliable meteor...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,919 ✭✭✭dodzy

It appears that you are not alone. 3 adopting the same strategy by the looks of it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056509234&page=17

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Same here, tired it at lunchtime and got the same error.

I wasn't expecting it to be of great quality over 3G, but not working at all...shoulda known better! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

I wasn't expecting it to be of great quality over 3G, but not working at all...shoulda known better! :-)

I'm getting good unbroken reception over 3G on an iphone4s:)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's working fine for me on 3G iPhone 4s on Vodafone.
    Not on my apple tv though :(

For anyone interested, if you plug an ipad into the TV using the Apple AV cable, you can watch Netflix on the big screen without an ATV.

Gx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

No issues whatsoever using Netflix on my Apple TV. It is running the latest firmware and is jailbroken.

Not sure whether I'll stick with it after the trial but may sign up in the future when they have added more content.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 wibbleman

I am still getting the "netflix unavailable" on my ATV2 (4.3 JB)

However it works fine on my IPAD2 and PC. Better yet if you use a VPN to make your connection look like you are in the U.S and login to netflix with your account you get access to the U.S netflix stuff. Loads more movies and a very large collection of TV, much better than the Ireland/UK offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

No issues whatsoever using Netflix on my Apple TV. It is running the latest firmware and is jailbroken.

Not sure whether I'll stick with it after the trial but may sign up in the future when they have added more content.

I'm running 4.3 jailbroken and can't see Netflix. I restarted (unplugged) but don't see it in the menu. Should it be there automatically, or do I have to do an install? Where should it appear when it is installed?

Thanks! I'd like to get it set up to give it a go.

should appear under the main menu "Internet" and be there as the first option.

i'm runnig 4.3 jailbroken like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Strange, no sign of it. I unplugged and plugged in again but it's not there.

You didn't have to do anything else to get it appearing, did you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

curiousb wrote: »
    I'm running 4.3 jailbroken and can't see Netflix. I restarted (unplugged) but don't see it in the menu. Should it be there automatically, or do I have to do an install? Where should it appear when it is installed?

Thanks! I'd like to get it set up to give it a go.

I didn't have to do anything to install it. As the poster below said, it should just appear under the Internet section of the menu.

The only thing I can think of is that I bought the machine in the States and have never changed the location to being Ireland. Maybe see if the Netflix link appears when you change location.

curiousb wrote: »
    Strange, no sign of it. I unplugged and plugged in again but it's not there.

You didn't have to do anything else to get it appearing, did you?
    nope it appeared there as soon as netflix became available in ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gibbo_ireland

Fixed my issue - I delayed updating my ATV - 4.4.4 makes it work great

Advertisement