Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Met a polish girl today am i reading the signs right?

• 19-07-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok went into the bank today to lodge a cheque, basically filled on all the info on the slip except address. So she asked me for it. So i gave my address to her. She commented that we were neigbours, the branch is in UCD so it was dead..

She asked how did i like living there i said it was fine, did i live alone i said no with a friend, she asked boy or girl, i answered boy. I asked where did she live and she lives in the apartment block next to mine though she would bus it work and i would drive. Anyway we got chatting for a few mins and she was going on about a pub she and her friends go to and that there are never any nice guys there, so i said "hold on a second i go there sometimes" She replied "well i be there on saturday and i bet you there will be no nice guys there" a customer was in the Q so we left it at that.
    Should i get to the pub on saturday night??

Oh by the way she was smoking hot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hell yes you are reading the signs right!

I have three words for you:

You lucky B*stard

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

py2006 wrote:
    I have three words for you:

You lucky B*stard

Indeed, i may go back to the bacnk tomorrow and lodge another cheque or some cash and have a quick chat or i may just go the pub on saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

Jaysus! What he said indeed!! Go for it. Ride like the Dickens. Or something that rides quite well. And a lot. Maybe a bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

Hmmmm...Sounds likes shes after residency..I wouldnt turn up if I was you..

By the way which pub was it;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Gator wrote:
    Hmmmm...Sounds likes shes after residency.

Poland is in the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

OP you'ld have to be blind not to read those signs right !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I'd ram it into her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yup! go to the pub!!! though, it's up to you wether to bring friends or not. ;) good luck :D

'
    OP you'ld have to be blind not to read those signs right !

Well heres hoping or come saturday night she will think i am stalking her'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Don't go back to the bank but do go to the pub on Saturday.

3 words:

Be Cool Fool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

go but bring one ugly friend......this will be for her mandatory ugly friend who she may or may not be trying to set you up with.

your ugly friend will then allow you to make the moves on her

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd ram it into her

Go back to her and make a 'lodgement'.....
    Just don't 'withdrawl' it too quickly

arf arf arf!

/wonders if he'll be banned for this

Seriously though, good luck. Fair play to you for chatting to the girl. So many blokes would cave up and wouldn't like smalltalk. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

carpe diem, mate!!! go get her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Congragulations OP. Hmnnn I wouldn't go back to the bank just yet. Go to the pub on saturday and see if she's there. Hopefully she will and things will go well for you.
    If she's not there, that's when you go back to the bank.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Hahaha...Jesus lads,
    This further proves the point of what every single foreign girl has said to me about Irish men. A 5 minute chat and they all think they are garaunteed to get a ride that night.

OP: Trust me mate, it aint all that simple. Id advise you to go to the pub anyway but don't count on anything. My experience with Polish women has shown that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

She works in the Bank so can see if you've any money lol
    Are you a rich man ?
    That could explain alot lol you know how eveil women are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

You better turn up. She is "banking" on it - ha ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Anna23

she is probably thinking u are very cute and thats it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

PeakOutput wrote:
    go but bring one ugly friend......this will be for her mandatory ugly friend who she may or may not be trying to set you up with.

your ugly friend will then allow you to make the moves on her

I'll be your ugly friend! :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Go to the pub, nothing to lose.

• Advertisement

'
    Anna23 wrote:
    she is probably thinking u are very cute and thats it!!!

I hope thats not it! She is mighty fine, i have got a mate to come to said pub on saturday and he will be a good wingman if she brings an ugly friend, either way we'll be walking the same way home to our apartments!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

from a person who works with a lot of polish people in a factory (hell they account for half the factory) I would have said forget about it. Every single polish girl has their big polish boyfriend looking over their shoulder and rings on their fingers (why do they marry so young?)

Anyways from your post, yeah I think YOU are diffenately on the ball mate! Make an extra effort Sat night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Hahaha...Jesus lads,
    This further proves the point of what every single foreign girl has said to me about Irish men. A 5 minute chat and they all think they are garaunteed to get a ride that night.

OP: Trust me mate, it aint all that simple. Id advise you to go to the pub anyway but don't count on anything. My experience with Polish women has shown that.

Totally agree with this, and my experience with Polish women would suggest something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

Gator wrote:
    Hmmmm...Sounds likes shes after residency..I wouldnt turn up if I was you..

LMFAO! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Errrmmm.... how much was the cheque for? :)

Just bring lots of money, you'll be fine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Just go for it. Remember not every Polish girl is married or engaged to some meat head. Judging from what you said in your email......if that is not a clear signal than I dont know what is. From my own personal experience having had a couple of trysts with these fair ladies, Polish girls are great in the sack.

Dont turn up at the back again. Go to the pub Saturday night, dressd to the gills and as a previous poster said, play it cool.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

She works in the Bank so can see if you've any money lol
    Are you a rich man ?
    That could explain alot lol you know how eveil women are :D

hmm I dont know what but strikingly this is SAD but TRUE

'
    hshortt wrote:
    Errrmmm.... how much was the cheque for? :)

Just bring lots of money, you'll be fine.

5K, car insurance payout!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

I know a few Polish girls and GaRtH_V is right; Irish men do have the wrong impression of them (and most foreign girls). Remember Poland is a very Catholic country, being married is very important to them.

OP, go to the pub, just remember to treat her respectfully the same as you would any girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

AntiRip wrote:
    from a person who works with a lot of polish people in a factory (hell they account for half the factory) I would have said forget about it. Every single polish girl has their big polish boyfriend looking over their shoulder and rings on their fingers (why do they marry so young?)

Now that's just not true and is quite a generalisation. I've been living with my girlfriend for the last 3 years and I know plenty of single polish ladies. There are also several other boardsies with polish girlfriends.

Advertisement