Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-08-2019, 16:00   #3406
pad199207
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 5,542
Torrential downpour now in Kildare. 6mm in the gauge
pad199207 is online now  
Advertisement
14-08-2019, 16:24   #3407
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,037
Very windy here too a horrid day frequent heavy showers.
Clonmel1000 is offline  
14-08-2019, 18:39   #3408
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonmel1000 View Post
Very windy here too a horrid day frequent heavy showers.
Crikey,how far are you from me?
It was a very warm day in Arklow
Max of 22.4c in the sun
Could see showers but they missed us
It’s still 18.6c here but windy now


And bear in mind my weather station is in an open field,so the real ambient temp,not an enclosed heat trap garden,I’m sure some of those locally could have went mid 20’s today

Is it any wonder,that there’s so many different views on the Irish summer when you can have such a vast difference only what 100kms away as the crow flies?

Last edited by Mortelaro; 14-08-2019 at 18:43.
Mortelaro is offline  
14-08-2019, 18:43   #3409
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortelaro View Post
Cricket,how far are you from me?
It was a very warm day in Arklow
Max of 22.4c in the sun
Could see showers but they missed us
It’s still 18.6c here but windy now


And bear in mind my weather station is in an open field,so the real ambient temp,not an enclosed heat trap garden,I’m sure some of those locally could have went mid 20’s today

Is it any wonder,that there’s so many different views on the Irish summer when you can have such a vast difference only what 100kms away as the crow flies?
I don’t have a weather station but I got soaked twice today and it’s very breezy out. No sun. Maybe someone from Waterford area will confirm this.
Clonmel1000 is offline  
Thanks from:
14-08-2019, 18:46   #3410
km79
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 46,940
Shannon radar is back
km79 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
14-08-2019, 19:36   #3411
Tigerandahalf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,610
Bloody cold in the west. You would need a woolly hat if standing around.
Tigerandahalf is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-08-2019, 20:30   #3412
appledrop
Registered User
 
appledrop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,344
It was very humid in Dublin today. Yet again for third day in row torrential showers in afternoon. Looks like autumn is here.
appledrop is offline  
14-08-2019, 22:05   #3413
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by appledrop View Post
It was very humid in Dublin today. Yet again for third day in row torrential showers in afternoon. Looks like autumn is here.
Spring ended around June 22nd and autumn started about August 5th.
Clonmel1000 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
14-08-2019, 23:00   #3414
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,376
A Novemberish feel about tonight. A strong wet wind. Hopefully that nice spell next week comes to fruition.
Ultimate Seduction is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-08-2019, 23:02   #3415
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,376
Just checked the temp and it's 16c currently so apologies for the hyperbole. Still not very pleasant.
Ultimate Seduction is offline  
Thanks from:
15-08-2019, 01:21   #3416
Donegal Storm
Registered User
 
Donegal Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,927
Back home this evening after a week of high 20's/low 30's and bright sunshine in France. Landed home to a dark, wet and windy evening with heavy showers and mist giving low visibility.

Great to be back
Donegal Storm is offline  
15-08-2019, 05:40   #3417
Graces7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 28,814
A wild, loudmouthed, wet night out here and little sleep to be had in consequence. Ah well!

I had to go out soon before full darkness to tape the esb meter that was rattling and the ocean was spectacular

quieter now
But not a morning for a romantic shore walk!

west mayo offshore island
Graces7 is offline  
15-08-2019, 07:48   #3418
Tigerandahalf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donegal Storm View Post
Back home this evening after a week of high 20's/low 30's and bright sunshine in France. Landed home to a dark, wet and windy evening with heavy showers and mist giving low visibility.

Great to be back
Irish Examiner: Lack of sunshine responsible for Vitamin D deficiency in Donegal, study finds.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakin...ds-943754.html

Not helped by the amount of people going around with factor 50 on their face, all thanks to the cosmetics industry.

Very cool morning again. Thankfully some better weather looks to be on the way from the 23rd roughly.
Tigerandahalf is offline  
15-08-2019, 15:41   #3419
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 4,376
Are we still on for the nice spell end of next week?
Ultimate Seduction is offline  
15-08-2019, 16:17   #3420
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 4,403
High of 21c in Arklow today
A lovely day again with lots of sun,almost losing count of the nice days here!
Showers have rolled in now but are passing
Mortelaro is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet