Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

help please!

• 05-10-2019 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Due to doing an ancestry DNA test I have discovered I have a cousin in America, quite a close cousin, possibly first or second. I managed to get in touch with this man and it turns out his mother was adopted from Ireland. Apparently the catholic Church facilitated the adoption as her parents had 'died in a car crash'.
    Our conversation was short so I am hoping to find out her birth date if he contacts me again, I've left that up to him, his mother is now dead, and I reckon by the datings she would have died young.
    Due to the ancestry DNA result I know where her parent would have originated from but nothing else at this time and from what side of the familt she comes, my maternal line.
    Soooo, if I do get a date of birth can anyone tell me how I go about tracing her birth?, and perhaps her birth mother? I am presuming her father could have been my relation either and in that case I may not have that name on the birth cert.
    The 'car crash' thing doesn't ring true with me.
    Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Just as a follow up I have found out the date of the lady’s birth and the date she was taken to America, also the date of her death.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi, do you know where this lady was born and her orignal name, the babies sent to America went on a passport with orignal name.
    I would suggest you join Banished Babies Facebook group where they can help you more.
    Kathy

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

hi Kathy
    I'm the person who was messaging with you yesterday on facebook that had just discovered I had had a half sister.
    Thank you for replying on here too x

Advertisement