Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Albany Killiney- any insights?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    my house is registered on the property register for the exact amount i paid for it

Was it a new build?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

my house is registered on the property register for the exact amount i paid for it

Do you think it’s more likely we are right and the properties sold for 895k and 910k or that the prices shown are what was paid ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I lived in Killiney for 15 years, i know that road pretty well
    If we are talking location that is top class. it's high end neighborhood, Dart station/Killiney beach/Killiney hill are all 10 mins walk

Your local pubs will be in Dalkey, nobody goes to the local pubs in killiney

I’m not sure how well you know the area. The only pub in killiney is the druids chair.

I believe you are talking about The Igo and Ramblers which are in Ballybrack village.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Your solicitor entered the wrong amount then, if it was a new build.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭Caquas

L1011 wrote: »
    Your solicitor entered the wrong amount then, if it was a new build.
    And I hope your solicitor did not pay stamp duty on the full price of a new build.

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    are there larger houses? i thought the 4 bed semis were the large houses.
    There are some 5-bed detached and 4-bed detached but, as I said, they are now POA.

Caquas wrote: »
    There are some 5-bed detached and 4-bed detached but, as I said, they are now POA.

I think the 5 bed detached is a mistake on the daft listing at least according to this

http://albanylodge.ie/

The 4 bed semis are still listed at from 895k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

ted1 wrote: »
    I’m not sure how well you know the area. The only pub in killiney is the druids chair.

I believe you are talking about The Igo and Ramblers which are in Ballybrack village.

I know the area pretty well, having lived there for many years. Them pubs are the nearest to the Albany estate. But everybody living in the are wi'll go the Dalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kevinc565

I visited the estate about 2 years ago, amazing houses. Asking price was near the 1 million mark, needless to say they have come down a bit since then and haven't sold completely 2 years later
    Location is superb, not to be confused with Ballybrack which is near enough but still not that close. You will be closer to Bono/Enya than Ballybrack.
    There is a school at walking distance, i'm not familiar with it and millionaire mansions all around. Considering how slow things are at the moment there is probably plenty of room for negotiations

They are officially in the townsland of Ballybrack even if everyone there says is Killiney. https://www.townlands.ie/dublin/rathdown/killiney/killiney/ballybrack/

Killiney is across the road to the East.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kevinc565

Victor wrote: »
    I imagine there is a delay of a few months between sale agreed and the time they are registered.

It's Ballybrack townland, Killiney is to the east.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4599733#map=15/53.2522/-6.1221

All, or nearly all, of these house have been built already.

Likely gives sea views.

No, it just looks out over a road. So everyone walking by can see it as the earlier commentator said.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.2517776,-6.1208879,3a,75y,322.17h,88.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seK-V4yXALRXBDFpT6gcbtw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Advertisement

kevinc565 wrote: »
    They are officially in the townsland of Ballybrack even if everyone there says is Killiney. https://www.townlands.ie/dublin/rathdown/killiney/killiney/ballybrack/

Killiney is across the road to the East.

An post now puts them in killiney but they also put most of ballybrack village in killiney.

They are actually the same parish btw. The main catholic church for the area of killiney is right beside ballybrack village.

Anyway where this development is a nice spot wherever it officially is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I grew up close to here. They are situated in a nice, quiet area.

However, the closest village is Ballybrack village with shops, garage, pubs, take aways etc. Closest supermarket is Tesco Ballybrack.

Killiney village is practically non-existent, I think there is one pub and one shop. Killiney beach is within walking distance, maybe 10 minutes.

I grew up close to here. They are situated in a nice, quiet area.

However, the closest village is Ballybrack village with shops, garage, pubs, take aways etc. Closest supermarket is Tesco Ballybrack.

Killiney village is practically non-existent, I think there is one pub and one shop. Killiney beach is within walking distance, maybe 10 minutes.

Killiney village does not even have a shop anymore. It just has a pub. The nearest shop for a lot of people who live in killiney including Bono and Enya is now in Ballybrack village.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭geekington

In the end we bought here and after 18 months in I must say it was the best decision we ever made. The house are superb - the finish and support Cairn give with aftercare is second to none. Had some a number of contractors in doing jobs for me and they all commented on the construction quality being among the best they have seen.

The estate is well maintained and the location is fantastic - 10mins walk to the beach or the Dart and easy access to Ballybrack village. Plus 5mins drive to Dalkey or 14mins if you Dart it gives you so many options. Easy access to the M50 too (<5mins) plus Luas is 21min walk are great - curious to see what impact Cherrywood will have on traffic in the area though. However, it will also be walking distance (20mins).

Pricing is obviously off and hence this has impacted them moving - but in the past 3 months most of the 4 beds are now sale agreed - I think there are 2 left. The 5 beds are larger but the layout downstairs isn't ideal as not as open plan and aligned with the price is causing them pain in shifting them.

Either way, while we likely overpaid I don't care - its maybe 10% more than they should be but I don't envision selling for a long time so I don't mind!

congrats, i dont live too far away and i cant think of a better area to be in being honest.

geekington wrote: »
    In the end we bought here and after 18 months in I must say it was the best decision we ever made. The house are superb - the finish and support Cairn give with aftercare is second to none. Had some a number of contractors in doing jobs for me and they all commented on the construction quality being among the best they have seen.

The estate is well maintained and the location is fantastic - 10mins walk to the beach or the Dart and easy access to Ballybrack village. Plus 5mins drive to Dalkey or 14mins if you Dart it gives you so many options. Easy access to the M50 too (<5mins) plus Luas is 21min walk are great - curious to see what impact Cherrywood will have on traffic in the area though. However, it will also be walking distance (20mins).

Pricing is obviously off and hence this has impacted them moving - but in the past 3 months most of the 4 beds are now sale agreed - I think there are 2 left. The 5 beds are larger but the layout downstairs isn't ideal as not as open plan and aligned with the price is causing them pain in shifting them.

Either way, while we likely overpaid I don't care - its maybe 10% more than they should be but I don't envision selling for a long time so I don't mind!

Congratulations on your decision and also on your sensible attitude.

Above all, you are right not to sweat the 10%. The media has pushed so much nonsense about negative equity that people lose sight of reality i.e. if you're happy where you bought, it is just a hypothetical concept. No one knows that will happen the market in the coming years. I laugh at projections like the ESRI estimating a 12% fall. https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0520/1139492-esri-on-house-prices/

We could see a 60% drop (as we had 2008-2012) or a 300% rise (as we had 1996 - 2007), especially if the ECB keeps pumping money into the economy but construction is strangled by social distancing. Either way, you can smile serenely as you enjoy the benefits of your new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Congratulations I’m just around the corner by Seafield. It’s a great area and we’ve been blessed to live here during lockdown my kids are swimming in the sea and cycling around the area every day.

Advertisement