Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in laytown

• 28-07-2009 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

hello there

thinking about moving to laytown and wondering where would be a good place to rent. i was looking at the sidlings, what do pepole think of those?

is there much to do in laytown, gym nitelife etc

thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭jaybird

The sidings is nice, right next to the train. As for gym or nightlife, no and not a lot! There is a gym at the neptune in Bettystown, and one at the Btown court. 2 pubs in Laytown, 6 or so in Bettystown (which is walkin distance)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Sorry to put a damper on things, but isn't Laytown known for its Antio social behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

Has anyone else got anything to say on living in Laytown?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Yes.

It is a nice area, the sidings are nice, I know someone living in them, they are very near to the train station is that what you are looking for?
    The rents have dropped considerably so you may get a good rental price for them.

You have the beach 5 mins walk, train to Dublin and Matthews Coach which runs on the hour every hour, last coach home is midnight and stops outside the pub in Laytown Gilna's/Cottage Inn.

Bettystown is 15 mins walk and has about 3 pubs & 3 restaurants, you are near to Scotch Hall for shopping- local Bus Eireann bus runs to Drogheda throughout the day & at the weekend. There is a new restaurant opening in Laytown in August "Saffron" can't find any info on it yet. Large GP surgery 15 mins walk from the sidings.

I lived in the area for 8 yrs and would recommend, not sure of "NufcNavan's" comments, seems to be a sweeping generalization, all areas have a "touch" of anti social behavior.

Any more qs hope I can answer them.
    Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dáibhí

Does anybody know when the name, An Inse, anglicised The Ninch, became known as "Laytown"?

It must be quite recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mac09

tweety76 wrote: »
    Yes.

It is a nice area, the sidings are nice, I know someone living in them, they are very near to the train station is that what you are looking for?
    The rents have dropped considerably so you may get a good rental price for them.

You have the beach 5 mins walk, train to Dublin and Matthews Coach which runs on the hour every hour, last coach home is midnight and stops outside the pub in Laytown Gilna's/Cottage Inn.

Bettystown is 15 mins walk and has about 3 pubs & 3 restaurants, you are near to Scotch Hall for shopping- local Bus Eireann bus runs to Drogheda throughout the day & at the weekend. There is a new restaurant opening in Laytown in August "Saffron" can't find any info on it yet. Large GP surgery 15 mins walk from the sidings.

I lived in the area for 8 yrs and would recommend, not sure of "NufcNavan's" comments, seems to be a sweeping generalization, all areas have a "touch" of anti social behavior.

Any more qs hope I can answer them.
    Good Luck

excellent comments thank you

yes close to the train station is a perference

i see on daft that the lowest rent for the sidlings is 625. im hoping that 550 mite get a place there, what do you think.

do you if the gym in bettystown hotel is much good? in terms of free weights and the like

again thanks for your helpful comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

tweety76 wrote: »
    Yes.

Wasn't the local library closed a few years ago because of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

mac09 wrote: »
    excellent comments thank you

yes close to the train station is a perference

i see on daft that the lowest rent for the sidlings is 625. im hoping that 550 mite get a place there, what do you think.

do you if the gym in bettystown hotel is much good? in terms of free weights and the like

again thanks for your helpful comments

Hi Mac09,

The gym in Bettystown has recently lowered their prices so good idea to call down and see what their best rate is. It is fairly small but never crowded and has a good selection of weights( nothing like the size of Ben Dunne gym or the likes though) they also have a studio upstairs for classes, they do spinning and similar. Its very new and clean looking.

The old Neptune Beach hotel has a gym also but its not as big as the one in the Bettystown court hotel however if it's specifically free weights you are after it would be worth calling to both to check them out. I think they are both charging around 395 now for adult membership, cheaper for student membership too.

To be honest I would really doubt if you will get a place in the sidings that cheap, I have never seen anything that cheap in the rental market in Laytown/Bettystown area however its worth trying to do a deal, if it has been up on the market for a good while the landlord may be willing to meet you halfway. Most properties in that area seem to shift within about 6/7 weeks so if they are up longer than a couple of months you have a good chance.

Good luck!

Advertisement