Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    Back home enjoying a nice cold beer explaining to the mutt why I abandoned him for a week...... relatively easy discussion, did you bring treats, yes I forgive you :)

Aw.. I miss my wee dog badly but has been decided not to get another; not mobile enough these days. Went down the lane for evergreen for the Advent Wreath for the Prayers next Sunday and it was terrible without her....the new cats are amazing .

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Witchie wrote:
    Book a flight to KL?

Might be outside the funds limit.

Is Smurfjed in the London area by any chance.

shivering abed. Trying to get big housework done before Advent and this is not a good time of year healthwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

Happy Monday:)
    In office, where else!:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Happy Monday:)
    In office, where else!:mad:

How's your partner doing?

I too am in the office but not for much longer..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

In the kitchen with tea and toast, going to work shortly, but only next door today, they're getting a new wooden ceiling in the living room today.

Went for a short run. Was parallel to runway. There is only one winner in a drag race with a plane.. :p

Off to get brekkie & out for the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Went for a short run. Was parallel to runway. There is only one winner in a drag race with a plane.. :p

Off to get brekkie & out for the day.

Try the red bull there Ted.

Edward M wrote:
    Try the red bull there Ted.

Good idea..

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Handover in new job pending shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work thinking of ways to make the day pass faster.

At work thinking of ways to make the day pass faster.

ah sad to wish your life away like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Graces7 wrote: »
    ah sad to wish your life away like that :(

Not sad at all, just have something exciting on the horizon after work.

back abed after "persuading" wee cat not to wee inside.... She caved in and went out of the door.... breakfasted twice and urgent letter written and got confirmation from the weather forum that I will not be ordering groceries this week as the weather wrath to come will prevent delivery and get kind folk worried and stressed... Managed to empty the freezer and it is defrosting so plenty of oddments to eat .YOU know!
    OK Advent wreath to create.. a job I love... could not afford the purple and pink candles but saw some advertised with the right colour ribbon etc so am crocheting collars..

Graces7 wrote: »

care to share?! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside heading out for dinner soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading for a walk. A dull morning but relatively calm. I need to call in to an old friend en route,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bed for an hour and a half then up and out again.

Bed for an hour and a half then up and out again.

I went to sleep around 12:30 and woke around 4. Feel like I had about the same amount as you :pac:

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    I went to sleep around 12:30 and woke around 4. Feel like I had about the same amount as you :pac:

I have hypersomnia so we are at opposite ends. Rarely feel really awake.... ah well... bears hibernate... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

A date? Switswooooo!

On the sofa hoping for some work to come my way while watching Atypical Season 2 on Netflix.

fire lit, cold water out of freezer and more hot in... hands icy...two more goes will do it then have to reload it from the great heap of well covered food.

And up again. Ugh. Hopefully this won't take too long..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Under the duvets, just about coming to life. Need to get up and go for a run soon, have that out of the way at least

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back home. Got a soaking - again. Visited my friend in the nursing home and, while his memory is really fading, he looks great, is eating well and enjoying all the daily activities.

Going now to sort out an outdoor socket for Christmas lights. If you hear a loud bang or see a flash of light don't panic, it's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

What a freaking weird day.

Had 3 phone calls, 2 from different people at the same company and one from a different one about jobs I had applied for and did mini phone interviews. Great.

Then my "bread and butter" old reliable job emailed me querying something on my invoice and saying they are having delays in receiving payments so my payment will be delayed. I had wanted to do my Christmas shopping and get a tree this week but now not sure that can happen.

Just so frickin fed up of this crap.

as near flat on my back as I can .... the freezer is deliciously wonderfully cleared and sorted... alleluia! That was a huge job for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside by the fire, had a great 13 hour sleep, of course I woke at the usual 6.00 am for work but the joy of being able to turn over and go back to sleep for another few hours as on a four-day week this week, I'm not able for these late nights anymore, 2.30 am when I got to bed Saturday night/Sunday morning, fresh as a daisy now and all the chores done and the fire blazing. A bit of reading now for the afternoon and a take-away will be ordered for dinner later.

• Advertisement

Trawling anything weather related to see when this weather "event" will hit. Waaah I'm moving house on Weds and my crush might be helping me.. I don't want to look like a swamp queen :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement