Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AMA wish list! I'd really like to hear from...

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

shocksy wrote: »
    An official driving tester/examiner

I think they would be interesting to hear from. It would also be good to get insight from them on people preparing for a test and hopefully squash the myths of ''quotas''.
    Stephen15 wrote: »
    Driving test examiner
    gzoladz wrote: »
    A driving license tester...

I've investigated this one but I'm told that they are not allowed to 'represent' the RSA on social media which is fair enough. We may have a different driving related AMA coming up in the future ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A female wrestler. The Session Moth maybe?

Up Donegal wrote: »
    There was already an AMA here with a woman who had an affair so, how about having one with a man who already has a significant other and who has had OR IS HAVING an affair with a woman who may be attached or not.

I would also like to see an A.M.A. with someone who's in a 'Friends with benefits' relationship and one with someone who's in a polyamorous relationship.

Open now, an AMA with a married person who is having an affair: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058053375

Open now, an AMA with a married person who is having an affair: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058053375

I'd love to see an AMA with someone who grew up in a family where the parents had multiple affairs so we can ask about all the harm that was done to them by their rotten progenitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Someone with the Corona virus, see how they are coping, is it bad etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

An electric car driver, given the government target to ban new petrol/diesel cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

An AMA with a Mistress or a Domme would be interesting if its never been done before.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Would it be possible to ask someone who just ran in the Seanad election in one of the panels for their story of the last few months? Did they have to go to each council meeting? How did they canvass given COVID-19?

Dónal wrote: »
    Would it be possible to ask someone who just ran in the Seanad election in one of the panels for their story of the last few months? Did they have to go to each council meeting? How did they canvass given COVID-19?

Good idea, I might have one person I could ask, leave that with me :)

DrPhilG wrote: »
    An electric car driver, given the government target to ban new petrol/diesel cars.

We have an EV driver up there now: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058068296

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Just occurred to me that I suggested an EV driver, but didn't bother volunteering myself, lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

A Traveller and their prospective of contribution to society as a norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,313 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

A Traveller and their prospective of contribution to society as a norm.

Done that already. Lasted about a day before it was closed......

I should have been more specific.

An EV driver who bothers their hoop answering the questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Someone who does under-age soccer coaching please.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

We had a soccer coach one, its there on the main AMA forum pages

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058012168

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

How come there hasnt been any new AMA's during the entire lockdown? With the whole country confined to their homes for months and many off work, I would've thought it'd be the perfect time for getting people to do AMA's.

How come there hasnt been any new AMA's during the entire lockdown? With the whole country confined to their homes for months and many off work, I would've thought it'd be the perfect time for getting people to do AMA's.

Mark and Niamh were (are still?) on reduced hours at the start of Covid so when they were working, I’m sure they had plenty of other things to do. Hopefully normal service will resume shortly.........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A Trump supporter.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

A Drug Dealer at any level along the supply chain; unsure if it's possible to verify this though?

Would love to question their morals (I don't use drugs at all; never took gear, Es & wouldn't know difference between hash, weed, cannabis etc.), try see what their justification is, is it avarice or addiction or a bit of both; can imagine addiction might ameliorate the avarice.

Am acquainted with local addicts and the ease at which they turn on each other is unreal; the splits along the supply chain, the who only sells to or buys from who etc.'re fascinating.

Would be interested to know from low level dealers in regional towns in Ireland what caused them to start off doing it; did they see it as glamorous due to the Wire, Love Hate etc. or just a "handy" way of making easy money and do they not take the risk & responsibility seriously in terms of those higher up than them.

Do they do the "plugging" or "cheeking" something that I've heard described & how it takes practice (sugar, cornflour, baking powder/soda etc. in a bit of plastic from bin-liner, cling film, shrink wrap etc.) and do they not find that demeaning? I'd er, "s**t" myself if it went up and didn't come down......!!

Like if you lose a bag etc. you owe to someone higher up than you from a financial perspective; if you're arrested with it on you there's that too.

The stops & searches; are they embarrassing or a badge of honour; like some're done quite publicly & deliberately so.

Lastly, and in conjunction with this, someone who's a handler, a double agent as it were; you'd want a right poker face to do the gig; not a chance I'd do it, too much risk from both sides of the divide!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Someone who works or worked for Eir customer service.

To thine own self be true

Mark and Niamh were (are still?) on reduced hours at the start of Covid so when they were working, I’m sure they had plenty of other things to do. Hopefully normal service will resume shortly.........

It's partially as Gloomtastic has said, we are on reduced hours at the moment and will be for another while so we have less time to chase new AMAs. However we've had a couple of applications during lockdown too, one never got back to me when I replied and the other I am awaiting some sort of verification. Some are harder than others to verify ;) If that one comes through, we may have one up shortly :)

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    A Drug Dealer at any level along the supply chain; unsure if it's possible to verify this though?

Would love to question their morals (I don't use drugs at all; never took gear, Es & wouldn't know difference between hash, weed, cannabis etc.), try see what their justification is, is it avarice or addiction or a bit of both; can imagine addiction might ameliorate the avarice.

Am acquainted with local addicts and the ease at which they turn on each other is unreal; the splits along the supply chain, the who only sells to or buys from who etc.'re fascinating.

Would be interested to know from low level dealers in regional towns in Ireland what caused them to start off doing it; did they see it as glamorous due to the Wire, Love Hate etc. or just a "handy" way of making easy money and do they not take the risk & responsibility seriously in terms of those higher up than them.

Do they do the "plugging" or "cheeking" something that I've heard described & how it takes practice (sugar, cornflour, baking powder/soda etc. in a bit of plastic from bin-liner, cling film, shrink wrap etc.) and do they not find that demeaning? I'd er, "s**t" myself if it went up and didn't come down......!!

Like if you lose a bag etc. you owe to someone higher up than you from a financial perspective; if you're arrested with it on you there's that too.

The stops & searches; are they embarrassing or a badge of honour; like some're done quite publicly & deliberately so.

Lastly, and in conjunction with this, someone who's a handler, a double agent as it were; you'd want a right poker face to do the gig; not a chance I'd do it, too much risk from both sides of the divide!

It could be a very interesting one but potentially difficult to find such a person who would be willing to answer questions about it. Having said that, we have had two separate AMAs with recovered drug users who have turned their lives around so a drug dealer may not be as far-fetched as we think.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 theo_parrish

Nokia6230i wrote: »

This would be very interesting I think as well, or a current/ex drug smuggler/someone who worked high up as part of an organised criminal gang.

Really enjoyed the AMA's with the recovered drug addict and ex prisoner/prison officer.

I feel a bit weird posting here because I never actually posted a direct AMA question, I just really enjoyed reading them. Maybe even partially responsible for the forum declining if I'm honest, I'd check in about once a month to read but never contribute, sorry for that!

But I would like to see an actual ordained catholic priest or bishop (might settle for a brother or a nun) take a few questions. I doubt it would end well but sure we can only start with good intentions.

I'd also like to see a grass roots local community member of a political party take a few questions as to why they do what they do. NOT an elected TD or county councillor, just a rank and file party member of any party represented in the Dail. I agree it would be a difficult thread to avoid getting hijacked, but the question is valid as to what motivates people to knock on random stranger's doors asking them to vote for other strangers.

I'd also like to see a grass roots local community member of a political party take a few questions as to why they do what they do. NOT an elected TD or county councillor, just a rank and file party member of any party represented in the Dail. I agree it would be a difficult thread to avoid getting hijacked, but the question is valid as to what motivates people to knock on random stranger's doors asking them to vote for other strangers.

I think we had a councillor on previously. He went anonymous and it was pretty good, very forthright answers I seem to remember.

Here it is....

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057901412

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Barry Cowen’s arresting Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

An ICU nurse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Barry Cowen’s arresting Garda.
    He is probably an ex-Guard by now.

Advertisement