Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chat/general discussion thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Seems All the Anime have some more pre-orders up for upcoming Blu-Rays.

Gurren Lagann http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gurren-Lagann-Complete-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B00HSHDGHW/ref=zg_bsnr_383380011_4 for £84 (RRP is £149 :eek: )
    Gurren’s Ultimate Edition will be a limited quantity run with 50 page hardback artbook, all the extras we can get our hands on including the Nintendo DS OVA (that said, some of the Japanese edition’s are exclusive so we can’t touch them). This will be a one-print run job of maximum 2,000 units and the price-point reflects that.

Each one individually numbered and certified, only 2,000 printed.
    Hard rigid artbox, digipack inside storing all series.
    As many of the video extras as we are permitted by the Japanese licensor.
    Gurren Lagann Film 1
    Gurren Lagann Film 2
    Parallel Works
    50 page hardback artbook - if we can, we'll expand that but it's based on what the licensor provides for now.

If thats too much, the DVD collection is only £30 right now on Amazon, RRP is £80 :eek:

Durarara!! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Durarara-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/dp/B00HRTHTO2/ref=zg_bsnr_383380011_9 for £45 (dunno the RRP, but probably far higher)

71462_472583096186879_51583488_n.jpg

Kinda pricy, but that Durarara!! is hard to resist....

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

entropi wrote: »

Wouldn't most cons in Ireland have some rules regarding the amount of visible skin? Lady Satsuki could be a very risque move for someone to cosplay, considering the amount of children/irritated parents/people less open to minimal clothing cosplays that might be present. It does look intricate.

I wouldn't wear it to a convention. :P I don't just cosplay at conventions, I also do photoshoots as a cosplayer therefore I would keep "revealing" costumes eg Lady Satsuki or Ryuko ect for a photoshoot. :)
    That can easily be taken care of. Cosplayers only need to use a skin like suit for that.

Some cosplayers when cosplaying as Felicia from Darkstalkers used a flesh-colored jumpsuit and just had to add to fur to it

That is true! Also what some Irish cosplayers have been doing over the last year or so at conventions.

Satoshi Kon is one of my favourite anime directors, sad he passed away. Speaking of Satoshi Kon the Light House Cinema will be screening Perfect Blue on the 31st of January.

I will be getting my tickets next week! Hope to see some of you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Hey all.

Just wanted to let everyone in here know that Perfect Blue is playing in the Light House Cinema as part of their Grindhouse on January 31st at 22:45 :)

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=LHSMITHF&p=details&PHPSESSID=9ie3rot5arbbt7i5e0tu8dgej3&eventCode=12175

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Hey all.

Just wanted to let everyone in here know that Perfect Blue is playing in the Light House Cinema as part of their Grindhouse on January 31st at 22:45 :)

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=LHSMITHF&p=details&PHPSESSID=9ie3rot5arbbt7i5e0tu8dgej3&eventCode=12175

Thanks Zwillinge :) Hi, my name is Conor and I'm one of the event organisers for Grindhouse Dublin. You can keep up to date with this event on our Facebook Page and twitter feed.

Usually we show a number of trailers at these events and hopefully we will have a related competition before our screening of Perfect Blue! Hope to see you there on the night!

Conor

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

More anime the better conor. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Hey all.

Playing in cork too in the triskel arts centre I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

at the anime con pub quiz the other day, I named our team "Nina & Alexander together forever!" :pac:

we got boos and hisses when they announced our team :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Links234 wrote: »
    at the anime con pub quiz the other day, I named our team "Nina & Alexander together forever!" :pac:

we got boos and hisses when they announced our team :p

Where did you finish?

Where did you finish?
    3rd place :D

Edit: I think!? I might actually have been a bit drunk and forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

Thanks Zwillinge :) Hi, my name is Conor and I'm one of the event organisers for Grindhouse Dublin. You can keep up to date with this event on our Facebook Page and twitter feed.

Usually we show a number of trailers at these events and hopefully we will have a related competition before our screening of Perfect Blue! Hope to see you there on the night!

Conor

What kind of competition do you have in mind, Conor?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

3rd place :D

Edit: I think!? I might actually have been a bit drunk and forgotten

/jealous, about the quiz and the alcohol :P

New ad in Japan for a Subaru Forester, pretty cool! :D

And very brief making of...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

So, how was every bodies day today?

grand, but kinda bored :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

106133.jpg

dunno if right thread but couldnt see another

i suppose a funny anime pics thread would just be a nightmare for the legal department

My day was fine. Was anyone at Akumakon?

Yup! I was the DJ in the bar on the Saturday ;)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterscotch View Post
    Yup! I was the DJ in the bar on the Saturday

OMFG! The one in Galway? :O

I can't find evangelion anywhere online :(

Yup, the one in galway ;)

Yup, the one in galway

Wow, that's the first time my anime 'life' has met my 'uni' life :pac:

It costed money so I didn't really bother going.

Any good?

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was an awful lot of fun! well worth admission, in my humble opinion ;) you also missed out on me inflicting my taste of music on the college bar :p

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    OMFG! The one in Galway? :O

I can't find evangelion anywhere online :(

<snip>

Have fun! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hesthea wrote: »
    <snip>

Have fun! ;)

Please do not link to sites where you can download or stream anime illegally. Thank you.

Konata wrote: »
    Please do not link to sites where you can download or stream anime illegally. Thank you.

Sorry about that.

Yup! I was the DJ in the bar on the Saturday ;)

Unfortunately I was only there for the day and had to head off around 7pm. I really enjoyed the Japanese Guest panel and the guests were lovely to meet! I really would of liked to stay for the night as it seem the fun was about the start.

I can't wait to see Perfect Blue tonight in the Lighthouse Cinema. Are many going?

All depends on how well tonight goes Tar.Aldarion, as well as the availability and cost to the rights. I think I said it before, would love to screen a few anime that I'm certainly familiar with, namely Fist of the North Star (because I think it would suit our event) or Ninja Scroll, but then some people mightn't end up going! To be honest, I need to brush up on my anime!

Tonight, along with our screening of Perfect Blue (using a HD master), we will also be screening the short film 'Post Human'!

Tickets

FB Event Page

1780192_388553631288284_506520498_o.jpg

Oh, and thanks guys for letting me post all this stuff up, hope to return soon! :-)

All depends on how well tonight goes Tar.Aldarion, as well as the availability and cost to the rights. I think I said it before, would love to screen a few anime that I'm certainly familiar with, namely Fist of the North Star (because I think it would suit our event) or Ninja Scroll, but then some people mightn't end up going! To be honest, I need to brush up on my anime!
    [/IMG]

I hope you're referring to the movie. The TV series was a big disappointment.

You also have Dominion Tank Police, Venus Wars, Patlabor and the almighty Akira ;)

PgnMcS4.jpg
    IwcTybM.jpg
    v2lLFL9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

So...that latest Kill la Kill episode...
    HOLY FUCK.

Advertisement