Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When and What Anime is on tv?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Started watching bleach on the Sony channel,its alright so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Figured would bump this old thread to say SyFy are doing a weekly anime movie.
    First was last night and repeated tonight with Akira
    http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Manga_Entertainment_brings_anime_movies_to_Syfy_UK_this_January.html

7th January - AKIRA

14th January - Ninja Scroll

21st January - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

28th January - Redline

4th February - Summer Wars

11th February - Wolf Children

So I was randomly going through the Sky channels and saw Eurkea Seven and Tokyo Ghoul dubs are on Viceland (channel 153). Both shows are also available on demand as well as Cowboy Bebop. And according to wikipedia, they'll also be showing Samurai Champloo.

And looks like that station is also showing anime movies on Tuesdays at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Simpsonsfan17

According to the Sky Guide Kill La Kill is starting on Monday 16th October 2017 at 11:30pm on Viceland.

• Advertisement

For anybody who missed Sword of the Stranger on Viceland last Saturday night it's being repeated on Friday night at 9pm.

Also Viceland are running ads for Durarara which is starting on Monday 20th November. And according to the Radio Times website it will be premiering at 11:30pm and is repeated at 3am.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

For anybody who missed Sword of the Stranger on Viceland last Saturday night it's being repeated on Friday night at 9pm.

Also Viceland are running ads for Durarara which is starting on Monday 20th November.

Is Viceland on sky digital?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its #153 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is Viceland on sky digital?

It is also available on Now TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

It is also available on Now TV.

How is Now TV?

Have Netflix right now (and after the further delay of Fate/Apoc) I am getting a bit tired of it as there is not much in the way of good films/non-Netflix Orig shows I want to watch on it.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    How is Now TV?

Have Netflix right now (and after the further delay of Fate/Apoc) I am getting a bit tired of it as there is not much in the way of good films/non-Netflix Orig shows I want to watch on it.

Don't know, have Sky myself.

Cancelling Netflix after I watch Punisher, its getting too expensive especially with Amazon being less than half the price.

Better options for anime anyway, Crunchyroll is €40 for a years sub and HiDive is $6 a month, between both you will get over 90% of what is available each season.

The original Ghost in the Shell film will be on Viceland on 9th December at 10pm, and again at the same time on 15th December.

It also looks like Gurren Lagann will debut on 8th January at Midnight.

The Pokemon: I Choose You movie is being shown on CITV next Friday at 4pm and next Saturday at 9.25.

Suprised this is being shown as it isn't available here on dvd or bluray until next year and was only just shown in the cinema last month.

According to the Sky Guide Viceland are showing Mai Mai Miracle on Saturday 30th December 2017 at 7:10pm.

According to the Sky Guide Viceland are showing Mai Mai Miracle on Saturday 30th December 2017 at 7:10pm.

Patema Inverted is on the 26th and A Letter to Momo is on the 27th at the same time.

Viceland are showing Akira on Tuesday 23rd January at 9pm.

During the ad break of Wednesday nights episode of Gurren Lagann on Viceland there was an ad for Seraph of the End which begins on Wednesday 14th February.

Viceland are showing Akira on Tuesday 23rd January at 9pm.

Akira is on again on Saturday 27th January ay 9pm.

Perfect Blue is being shown on Friday 26th January at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I am currently watching
    Violet Evergarden
    Darling in the FranXX
    Beatless
    Ito Junji: Collection (my favorite this season)

After Monday nights episode of Seraph of the End on Viceland there was an ad for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust which will be aired on Tuesday 6th March.

• Advertisement

Sky Cinema Premiere is premiering In This Corner of the World on Wednesday 7 March at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

Evelin Evergarden and Ito Junji: Collection are worth attention

According to the Radio Times website Viceland are showing Napping Princess on Tuesday 27th March 2018 at 9pm.

According to the Radio Times website Sky Cinema Premiere are showing Miss Hokusai on Wednesday 16 May 2018 at 11pm.

Saw an ad on Vice (formerly Viceland) a few minutes ago which said New Tokyo Ghoul starting Monday 23 July.

Saw an ad on Vice (formerly Viceland) a few minutes ago which said New Tokyo Ghoul starting Monday 23 July.

Anime Limited have now confirmed that this is Tokyo Ghoul:RE.

Anime Limited have now confirmed that this is Tokyo Ghoul:RE.

Thanks. That is good news.

Perfect Blue is being shown at 10pm tomorrow on Vice before episode 2 of Tokyo Ghoul:RE

According to the Radio Times website Black Butler: Book Of Circus begins on Wednesday 8th August 2018 at 12am on Vice.

• Advertisement

On Wednesday 29 August 2018 at 11:15pm Film4 are premiering Seoul Station (the animated prequel to the South Korean horror film Train To Busan).

Advertisement