Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

You haven’t had it long 893bet don’t you like it ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You haven’t had it long 893bet don’t you like it ?

I actually do like it but I like something else more! Looking to trade up!

It’s a lovely watch! One I thought would wear big but it’s actaully ok.

I suspect I may have to keep as I don’t intend to take a bath on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

On the calibre 11 does the chrono minute hand move continuously or does it click over for the minutes?

Seven Worlds will Collide

893bet wrote: »
    I actually do like it but I like something else more! Looking to trade up!

It’s a lovely watch! One I thought would wear big but it’s actaully ok.

I suspect I may have to keep as I don’t intend to take a bath on the price.

Lovely watch and fair price glws

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

On the calibre 11 does the chrono minute hand move continuously or does it click over for the minutes?

It moves continuously.

All working as expected and reset to zero perfectly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Question for the experts if you don't mind.
    Paid £130 for it, wore it once and was thinking I should be able to get €100 back, so I priced it a little over that allowing for the usual haggle. Its practically a brand new watch on a 30% discount, am I too low or too high or is that realistic?

Thanks

https://www.adverts.ie/dress/orient-bambino-2-v3-automatic-dress-watch/17054952

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Paid £130 for it, wore it once and was thinking I should be able to get €100 back, so I priced it a little over that allowing for the usual haggle. Its practically a brand new watch on a 30% discount, am I too low or too high or is that realistic?

Thanks

Maybe chance your arm with a credit note from wherever you bought it?

Thanks

€130 - 30% = €91 so it’s not 30% off, if it was me I would return it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,405 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Thanks I didn't know that was an option, watch was bought in June. Was a 130 Pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

• Advertisement

Thanks I didn't know that was an option, watch was bought in June. Was a 130 Pounds.

Ah my bad didn’t notice £

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Horoaddict

SKX009K for Sale, bought from Unkel on Saturday and it's just not for me.

Have only worn it for around 45 minutes or so.

Listed for higher than I paid Unkel for it for the usual haggling of Adverts:

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-skx009/17088924

€190 for any Boardsie which is same as I paid Unkel for it.

Cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Horoaddict wrote: »
    SKX009K for Sale, bought from Unkel on Saturday and it's just not for me.

Have only worn it for around 45 minutes or so.

Listed for higher than I paid Unkel for it for the usual haggling of Adverts:

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/seiko-skx009/17088924

€190 for any Boardsie which is same as I paid Unkel for it.

Cheers,

Your images are awful which would put some folk off. Definitely try and get bright shots in natural daylight.

Your images are awful which would put some folk off. Definitely try and get bright shots in natural daylight.

Fair enough.. Tricky to do when it's dark leaving for work and dark getting home!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Fair enough.. Tricky to do when it's dark leaving for work and dark getting home!

I always struggled with photos as well, my solution was to give a really fair description and add a photo from the web as my main pic, but acknowledge that the photo is not yours.

HDMI wrote: »
    I always struggled with photos as well, my solution was to give a really fair description and add a photo from the web as my main pic, but acknowledge that the photo is not yours.

Stock photos are not a good idea if you’re selling on eBay btw and in general I think it’s a bad idea but each to their own I guess

Photo's updated now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

A "one hander" up if anyone fancies exploring that on their wrist. My own photos aren't great here but the case in particular is very well made, a real "soft" feel to the metal. It's not the original strap, which I accidentally gave away with a watch I fixed for someone, but a good quality one neverthless. Can also supply alternatives if preferred.

https://www.adverts.ie/casual/single-hander-watch/16750047

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

So, just acquired a Seiko SZSC004 - Jade Sumo thanks to HDMI

I don't really have a need for two divers, the Steinhart OVM1 is gonna go.

Its from 2014, worn in rotation

Bought from TZ

Looking for €400 ( paid more more it)

Outer box is torn on one side, I have never worn the bracelet

comes on a Borealis Strap

Paypal Friend preferred, ship in Ireland €10

MdEDE15m.jpgbPCEmMAm.jpg
    UBX2U9Om.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭BoardAtWork

Its from 2014, worn in rotation

Bought from TZ

Looking for €400 ( paid more more it)

Outer box is torn on one side, I have never worn the bracelet

comes on a Borealis Strap

Paypal Friend preferred, ship in Ireland €10

MdEDE15m.jpgbPCEmMAm.jpg
    UBX2U9Om.jpg

I regret not buying the original from Steinhart a few years ago. Narrowly missed out on a black DLC version too before opting for a DLC Chris Ward Trident to stratch that itch.

I couldn't excuse paying more for a second-hand one than it sold for new though. A lot of people (not you) made a decent bit of money selling on the first version when the update was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I regret not buying the original from Steinhart a few years ago. Narrowly missed out on a black DLC version too before opting for a DLC Chris Ward Trident to stratch that itch.

I couldn't excuse paying more for a second-hand one than it sold for new though. A lot of people (not you) made a decent bit of money selling on the first version when the update was announced.

Dont be so sure, i have an original one on adverts and no sign of it to budge!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Dont be so sure, i have an original one on adverts and no sign of it to budge!

Version 3 (which I have) went back similar to V1 so that messed up the V1 resale market. Think the V2 and V2.5 resale values are hit even worse.

Great watches though, GLWS.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Photo's updated now.

Much much better chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Just checking to see if anyone this side of the water is interested in a really nice Alpina Pilot AL-525G4TS6.

It is a darkened stainless steel case which gives it the look of titanium.

44mm wide but wears a little smaller because it is a fairly thin watch, I believe around 12mm (okay it's thin by dive watch standards)

Condition is excellent with no marks on the case, some creases in the strap but more from being on a watch pillow, complete set with inner and outer boxes and booklet.

Asking price is $400 US dollars net, I will contribute $20 towards whatever shipping you choose and value it whatever way you want for customs. If you have a family member in the US I can also ship it to them. For those that don't know me I am in the US and that is where the watch will be shipped from.

This is a really nice watch but I decided I wanted something fun to drive on the beach and go offroading at the weekend. After buying the car it ended up with a fault that the main dealer won't diagnose unless I pay 2 grand for a part he is not sure will even fix the problem. So far 700 in the hole trying to find the issue and I need to raise a little rather than keep taking cash from the account.

DNHj2IOl.jpg

qZyLE6Jl.jpg

PRxhcwhl.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Version 3 (which I have) went back similar to V1 so that messed up the V1 resale market. Think the V2 and V2.5 resale values are hit even worse.

Great watches though, GLWS.

I agree the latest black dials affected prices of the earlier ones. However it made the V 1 easier to buy for some of us;) too.

I think (hope) that long term the V1 will be the one to hold on to. V1 are getting on in years too, some will need a service soon so that might be a factor too. Hard for people to buy a used one for similar money to a new one, especially if they have to factor in the cost of servicing the older one. Later ones have a more tapered bracelet too.

Mrs. blue is still wearing mine, pic is from last year when I got to borrow it for a day
    470646.jpg
    It's probably the most accurate auto I have.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

blue5000 wrote: »
    It's probably the most accurate auto I have.

ETA 2824-2 presumably? The one I had in my Quondam was only 1-2s out per day. Far more accurate than my Seamaster :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

unkel wrote: »
    ETA 2824-2 presumably? The one I had in my Quondam was only 1-2s out per day. Far more accurate than my Seamaster :D

Yes, 2824, if you listen carefully at midnight or midday you can hear the date wheel click. They just covered it over with the dial.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oh I do like that. *checks down back of sofa* Crap! Still broke. :mad: :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Please excuse the lazy post, but I want to downsize (again) as I wear the same watch most days.

Comes boxed, in pretty good condition aside from a small chip - pricing this at 2,350.

40197781635_eb2a685b7c_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Eoin wrote:
    Comes boxed, in pretty good condition aside from a small chip - pricing this at 2,350.

Your about 6 months early for me on this. It's a great watch and a great price glws

Advertisement