Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How I play GTA games

• 21-03-2012 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭

cRlbU.png

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 538 ✭✭✭little big planet 2

i like doing drive by shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I prefer to get a big sturdy vehicle and let the grill do all the work.
    Patriots are ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

I am a bike kinda person, I like the cop motorbike in San Andreas, just need myself an SMG and I'm happy out.

Playing GTA 3 for the first time and finding the Banshee in the showroom, slowly manouvering it out the window, then putting the shoe down and ploughing into the carpack exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I basically find a roof where i can't be reached and kill everything that moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I basically find a roof where i can't be reached and kill everything that moves.

This.

• Advertisement

inside the statue of happiness is perfect for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

What I used to do in GTA VC/SA on Pc was block the road with an 18-wheeler or similar, let traffic build up and use an RPG from a building to cause a chain reaction of explosions.

Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Driving up on the footpath always done the job for me...

I remember playing GTA IV and I started my own wee rampage in Broker using the hospital as my strong hold; pure mayhem! I managed to hold out for some time in between 2 - 3 hours, packed out with ammo and all sorts of weapons at my disposal. One of the highlights of my frenzy was firing an RPG from inside the hospital doors and hitting the underside of a cop car, flipping it high up in the air, and it coming down and crushing a NOOSE officer whilst he was firing his machine gun.

THAT is why video games are awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Countless days, probably even weeks were spent in GTA3 on the top floor of the car park in the middle of Staunton Island, using cheats for ammo and health, killing everything that moved for about an hour... then getting in either a Banshee or a Stinger, driving off the roof of the car park and seeing how long I could last against the army. Brilliant. For sheer dumb gaming fun, nothing has beaten it yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There was a cool place just off Ganton in GTASA, you might remember it as the place where you pick up Sweet and his girlfriend when some rival Grove Families go mental. Twas two apartment complexes with balconies across from each other. Camping out there with loads of ammo and health cheats for about 2 hours was some serious craic.

GTAIV has Happiness Island, but that gets tedious after a while, and the only highlights are when the NOOSE guys survive helicopter crashes and come from behind you inside the statue.

I also remember in GTA (the original) up at the very top left of the map, there was a HUGE stretch of footpath that I would just hop into a car and floor it, racking up score in no time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

1) Mug someone for their gun.

2) Go into the hospital.

3) Shoot people.

4) Shoot the cops.

5) Take their weapons.

6) Shoot the SWAT team.

7) Eventually die.

8) Respawn at the hospital.

Walk back inside, repeat steps 3 to 8 until I have a good bit of ammo and guns.

Then leave and go on various missions that were nice and easy when I had a shotgun... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Ronnie Raygun

That's a lot of trouble to go to for a shotgun.

I haven't played GTA IV for a while now, but the police station up the street from Niko's 1st "residence" would usually have a car parked in front.

You couldn't break into it there & then without alerting the cops, so I used to use another car to push it down the street (they didn't mind that for some reason), presumably out of their view, break in & you'd have your shotgun. Then repeat as required ...

I haven't played GTA IV for a while now, but the police station up the street from Niko's 1st "residence" would usually have a car parked in front.

You couldn't break into it there & then without alerting the cops, so I used to use another car to push it down the street (they didn't mind that for some reason), presumably out of their view, break in & you'd have your shotgun. Then repeat as required ...

i never thought of that before im guuna try that

Shotgun? Hell no. I'd do that for the (M4A1) "Carbine Rifle" that I'd get from the SWAT team that would eventually pop in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

GTA 1:Nothing overly special you could do really. I liked finding those random cars that had the 5 second time bombs in them. Also, trying to find a huge straight stretch of road and getting in a bus/oil tanker and driving so fast that the thing would start having a spaz attack and immediatly blow up if anything tipped off it.
    Electric rail lines were fun too for just zapping yourself.

GTA 2:I loved running around the gang hideouts/factories and blow the crap out of the all and getting the worst reputation with them so they would fight back.
    Ooh! stealing a taxi and picking up random people then taking them on the ride of their lifes!

Get outta my car asshole/gimmie your wallet! police help! etc etc

GTA 3: I used to go the all glass 2 story building in the middle of staunton island and shoot people and destroy cars from the second floor. The cops and Army couldnt get you up there especially if you parked your car on the stairs.
    It was a short drive down from the internet cafe, which was similar in design.

Speaking of which, I used to go to the second floor of the internet cafe and wait for some person to stroll up there with me and when they walked in front of the windows I combat shotgunned them at short range so they flew back and out through the glass window onto the ground below. It was awesome.

GTA Vice City: I used to drive up and down the dual road between the Greasy Chopper and the docks on a Faggio with a 6 star wanted level, seeing how long I could survive the mental tanks and army trucks coming after me. You can last surprisingly long on that little thing, and it was great fun!

and damn the way if you left your car idle for more than 10 seconds some random dude always carjacked it.

I also think we all had great fun in the Malibu Club with a minigun or molotov cocktails :D

GTA SA: Far too many things to mention, but I loved using the give pedestrians weapons cheat, the all pedestrians fight cheat, and the chaos mode cheat (which turned the city into the way it was during the LS riots in story mode). Utter chaos in the streets! Peds blowing the crap out of each other, random lads shooting rockets into walls and ak47 fire all over the shop!

To top that off, I often hopped in a hydra and turned on a 6 star wanted level then engaging in dog fights with the other hydra's that come after you. If anything went wrong I would parachute down into the chaotic warzone city and try battle my way through side alleys and streets to get back to my safe house.

GTA IV: Meh, not a huge fan to be honest. Playing on top of the big crane in the city centre was fun with a high wanted level.

I could rant on about these games all day. Ill spare ye all though with my long enough post as it is.

I find a roof that has a ramp on it. I get a high power bike, kill people, and then speed off the ramp and see how far I can go before I get shot.

Also, in GTA IV (or was it in SA?) speed into the airport, jump out of car, get minigun behind the container, and keep shooting anything that moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The one thing I hated about SA was the Toy RC planes missions - f**king did my head in!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Vice City is my favourite!

I usually take the Hunter and have a dogfight with the VCPD heli over the waters of Vice City!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I remember having a cheat for San Andreas (I think) where you pressed something and pedestrians would follow you and act as gang members.

I would then go look for a random cúnt, and punch the feckin' head off him with all my gang of pedestrians laying into him, used to have great craic doing this, hours of fun!

After I got bored of this, which took quite some time, i loved basically just starting fist fights with anyone I seen.
    Absolutely great craic, can't wait for the new one to come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Redzer7 wrote: »
    I remember having a cheat for San Andreas (I think) where you pressed something and pedestrians would follow you and act as gang members.

I would then go look for a random cúnt, and punch the feckin' head off him with all my gang of pedestrians laying into him, used to have great craic doing this, hours of fun!

After I got bored of this, which took quite some time, i loved basically just starting fist fights with anyone I seen.
    Absolutely great craic, can't wait for the new one to come out.

I used to use the same cheat, i'd recruit about 4 people, get them in the coastguard helicopter, bring them to the top of a building and then throw tear gas at them until they kept backing away and fell off the building, dunno why but that used to keep me busy for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Redzer7 wrote: »

Do this along with the "give pedestrians weapons" cheat and you will have you own personal army. Attack/get attacked and they will all blow the crap out of them with their guns. Just be careful not to recruit someone holding a rocket launcher :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Do this along with the "give pedestrians weapons" cheat and you will have you own personal army. Attack/get attacked and they will all blow the crap out of them with their guns. Just be careful not to recruit someone holding a rocket launcher :pac:

Or better yet, do recruit someone with a rocket launcher and head into Rollin' Heights Ballaz territory and let hilarity ensue during Turf Wars! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

cocoshovel wrote: »
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Or better yet, do recruit someone with a rocket launcher and head into Rollin' Heights Ballaz territory and let hilarity ensue during Turf Wars! :pac:

See lads this took the fun out of it for me :pac: There was nothing better than seeing 5 of my men trying to punch some innocent fecker around :pac: also pair this with the super punch and your away with the faries haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

music in vice city.

nuff said.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

I love blowing **** up with sticky bombs in TBOGT. Planting aload of them in burger shot then have them exploding is fun. I love bombing anything really, bus stops, cars, the pub, it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I remember that mission in GTA 3 were you had to pick up a car off someone down by the docks, with this girl. It was a cheetah or something. Anyway, discovered you could kill the guy and still pass the mission, so I got immense pleasure out of this fact, and thought oh yeah, now I'm in Liberty city :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I love the Grand Theft Auto series, from my first play of GTA on the Playstation 1 in a friend's house back in secondary school (remember that overhead camera view with visible bullets!), to the present installment of games on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

GTA_1_6514.jpg

But it was upon first hearing this theme music on the PS2…

…followed by the early objective involving a cycle through the hood in early 90's Los Santos, where you could gun down rivals gang members on the streets shouting "gimme them duckets!", while progressing to the point of cruising through the air over the deserts of Las Venturas in a helicopter with Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird" playing over the radio, that made me think; This. Is. The. Shit.

I consequently spent way too many hours playing San Andreas (I think my total playing time was over 250hrs by the time I gave up) picking up the elusive 100.00% in the process. I was so enthralled with the game that I once went to the top of the map and swam north for an hour to see if there was anything out there!

When I heard that GTA V would be set in San Andreas again, I gave myself the cold objective of achieving 100% in all of the games of the GTA IV era before V came out.

GTA IV
    gtaiv3bq.jpg
    gtaiv21bq.jpg

GTA: The Lost And Damned
    gtathelostanddamned2bq.jpg
    gtathelostanddamned23bq.jpg

GTA: The Ballad Of Gay Tony
    gtatheballadofgaytony5b.jpg
    gtatheballadofgaytony22.jpg

Mission accomplished! GTA, serious business :D

I got the 100% in LA Noire just before this and GTA IV looked so dated compared to it, the vehicle handling seemed cartoonish and difficult to control so I hope that's something they improve on with V. I'm looking forward to it, I'm gonna take my time and go on plenty of random acts of destruction as opposed to just playing for the 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

dude - you should put that on your CV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

With GTA SA for the PS2, for me it was mainly using cheats for the Hydra and then mostly bomb the crap out of cars on the highways + chase any other Hydras that came after me. Shot them down too. :D Never got boring! I never really did any missions apart from the odd Vigilante missions - was happy enough in the Hydra.

GTA IV was by far the most fun game I've played online

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Ah the 'ol sticky bombs in TBOGT. The carnage was priceless :)

perestroika is a great wee last stand stronghold too. block the front entrance and face the stage. :pac:

Advertisement