Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 edsb

As long as people accept that GoMo effectively offers NO support and the little that exists is junk, then go ahead and hope that there wont be issues. If there are issues you may be without service for several days or even weeks so be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

edsb wrote: »
    As long as people accept that GoMo effectively offers NO support and the little that exists is junk, then go ahead and hope that there wont be issues. If there are issues you may be without service for several days or even weeks so be warned.

they're using the eir network, so should be reliable enough...as long as they don't fall out with eir

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You can go back to o2 or 3 if you have a serious problem,
    the coverage is the same as eir , with a very generous data cap .
    Compared with other networks .
    gomo is owned by eir, so there,s no chance of any falling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

fryup wrote: »
    they're using the eir network, so should be reliable enough...as long as they don't fall out with eir

They're not just using the network, they are part of Eir.

From their legal page

"Who are we?
    GoMo is a trading name of eircom Limited, Registered as a Branch in Ireland Number 907674, Incorporated in Jersey Number 116389, having its Irish branch address at 2022 Bianconi Avenue, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 D24 HX03."

That address is Eir offices in Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

This is it wrote: »

all the better then, should be reliable enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

From their legal page

"Who are we?
    GoMo is a trading name of eircom Limited, Registered as a Branch in Ireland Number 907674, Incorporated in Jersey Number 116389, having its Irish branch address at 2022 Bianconi Avenue, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24 D24 HX03."

That address is Eir offices in Citywest.

Part of Eir as long as you don't contact Eir customer support about GoMo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

Folks how long did it take to get your SIM from placing the online order

I ordered last Tuesday, 22nd, and got it yesterday, 31st.
    BUT can't activate the SIM - put in PIN, it's accepted, but no service. Logged into their website which says my order is "in progress". Contacted GoMo yesterday, automated response says they reply within 24 hours but still waiting.
    :(

Hopefully it's teething problems, over-demand, etc.

BUT can't activate the SIM - put in PIN, it's accepted, but no service. Logged into their website which says my order is "in progress". Contacted GoMo yesterday, automated response says they reply within 24 hours but still waiting.

Mine showed "in progress" for days after my port was completed with no issues, I wouldn't rely on that. Hopefully you get sorted. Strange to have no service at all on the original number with the SIM, most issues seem to be porting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Got sim yesterday. Ported this morning no issues. 4g speed is great. uTx7DUMb_Zjf1_Ydlx4vLVsMULPiMGa_hR24OCgytSQlVHsJDd2cDq4adt9E9PLcUnrXcwfvytF3TdRDceBvqbUHSu5k9F8wI0c5VHXv98oHIhn0YMOHtEdmyhBvbSitbaAaVIPSz6XlO8jHL9_9LZrP8x1UUA1vQ-qzbm_bvesQMs_ZvE1QRro7gUqc0plxE2UXAQQ9ZubWXyuDtbcA3yPnZ3h-Oz15dQZwQ-9NVAExo9PPDZ5g774tEIGwNeNL3TizFU1EvxgdZbpCmfH2OcuuiVZJOFkJ6Ft7NPudc0Dwo_rYxj6PIxr93JSPYVH8mK1jfxMCYLe_yfKvn2OorOG82aEIT7ejnro4ZeivTNcUCiwfSMPcZ_k-H5IJ63HPmp7BGabnhh2zZ8-Su2ctIeg8kzXCrbwkvJMNqsnKu1PWWhPRL_MaGtcl3fgHe3Rbb_0zNAsmV5YtCZbhv15YQTb3HdM1dQ1aGmrFhvB018S-7h0L1ngrq-rLxZOxRJ0eKuaSECXOd2z_BY7ckNzQcFWhYvPewxhE4mxle7sfofG6Jwdl6KRTsoQ3mSlsqDEgPU-r-iOWqHRlBe1SCFAvEzuLferX8G2JWLVFyh9tG0CDP70frHcEY3QOZl72BfkLy05nOTWz3Z8lfmuWxxV2yLklZpqq7gKpKT1ro_WtjyMYwmTS5E-MD3A=w1080-h305-no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Ported my daughters nhmber over, asked for a delay to this as waiting on NAC from Vodafone. They were very accommodating and did what I had requested.
    Now if only Vodafone were more forthcoming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Absolute bargain for €9.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭eggy81

2 weeks in after porting seamlessly from eir. Seems the exact same as eir.
    On porting the sent an ema that they had dispatched the sim card and on my gomo there was another phone number which was an 085 number. Got another email next day saying order complete so put sim in made a call and number ported almost instantly.

Happy enough with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is it free to ring an English landline

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Wasn't sure if that would be allowed.... But delighted someone said it.

I’m gay I’m allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 windyout

I've had this exact issue since 1st November. Sent numerous emails but received no response apart from the automated messages. I used Chat today and finally got a response. It seems i need a new SIM. That in itself doesn't make sense but that's what they are going to do and i'll just have to go along with it. Not a great start.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭MrTime

i thought i saw something about no international calls but cant find it now
    can anyone confirm UK / NI available

it mentions EU roaming ; but thats not same as calls to EU

also somebody asked about needing ID

dont you need to sign up with credit / debit card details

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Rock123

I cannot spot any chat option...where it is located on the web page would you know

windyout wrote: »
    I've had this exact issue since 1st November. Sent numerous emails but received no response apart from the automated messages. I used Chat today and finally got a response. It seems i need a new SIM. That in itself doesn't make sense but that's what they are going to do and i'll just have to go along with it. Not a great start.

I cannot spot any chat option...where it is located on the web page would you know

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Rock123 wrote: »

It isn't always available. It pops up on the left.

Find it works more when logged in though.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Holy jaysus the customer service is woeful. Took 16 days to get the SIM. Requested a porting time, popped in the new SIM and while the service and signal are grand I now still have the 085 number from the gomo SIM. 36hours and maybe 15 attempts on chat with no reply, two emails and nadda.
    Has anyone gotten stuck with the 085 number or has everyonr been able to use their old one. I've had the same number since 2002. Really don't wanna lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Holy jaysus the customer service is woeful. Took 16 days to get the SIM. Requested a porting time, popped in the new SIM and while the service and signal are grand I now still have the 085 number from the gomo SIM. 36hours and maybe 15 attempts on chat with no reply, two emails and nadda.
    Has anyone gotten stuck with the 085 number or has everyonr been able to use their old one. I've had the same number since 2002. Really don't wanna lose it

My number port started at 09:13. Eir SIM lost signal at 09:40, so I switched SIM, and number was transferred over at 12:30 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

Qrt wrote: »
    My number port started at 09:13. Eir SIM lost signal at 09:40, so I switched SIM, and number was transferred over at 12:30 ish
    I must try my virgin media SIM and see if it's still active. Pribably is and no doubt I'm paying for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

"i thought i saw something about no international calls but cant find it now
    can anyone confirm UK / NI available"

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

PDF give full details....

National calls include calls to Irish Mobiles and Landlines, 0818, 076, 1850 and 1890 numbers and calls to Northern Ireland landlines using the 048 prefix (in place of 004428)

UK not cheap 23.37 per minute....

paddy19 wrote: »
    "i thought i saw something about no international calls but cant find it now
    can anyone confirm UK / NI available"

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

PDF give full details....

National calls include calls to Irish Mobiles and Landlines, 0818, 076, 1850 and 1890 numbers and calls to Northern Ireland landlines using the 048 prefix (in place of 004428)

UK not cheap 23.37 per minute....

So i spent about 20 minutes to a landline in the uk, so the 4.65 is just deducted from the tenner i topped up with, meaning i have about 5.40 left to spend on under such phone-calls.
    I think I can live with that, I couldn't even ring those numbers with 48months.ie

So i spent about 20 minutes to a landline in the uk, so the 4.65 is just deducted from the tenner i topped up with, meaning i have about 5.40 left to spend on under such phone-calls.
    I think I can live with that, I couldn't even ring those numbers with 48months.ie

You didn't top up. €10 covers your Irish minutes, texts and data.

You didn't top up. €10 covers your Irish minutes, texts and data.

the tenner they took from my account covers the uk landlines dont it?

No, that's your bill for the calls included in your bundle. UK calls, bar NI landlines using 048 instead of 028, aren't included. Calls outside your bundle will be billed on top of the €10.

If you go to the homepage and click on pricing at the bottom it gives more detail on exactly what is included. There's also a link for other charges. i.e outside your bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pete1mac

the5th wrote: »
    Has anyone had any success setting up voicemail with a ported number? The mailbox setup keeps telling me both the 085 number and my ported number are invalid...
    Tried emailing GoMo "support" but..... lol. You don't get mobile for a tenner a month without cutting some corners!

Dial 171 and go through the set-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

pete1mac wrote: »
    Dial 171 and go through the set-up

Worked for me not a bother :)

Advertisement