Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loan query

• 07-07-2020 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi,
    I applied for a small loan topup last week.  Eventually I got an email yesterday asking me to submit pps documentation which I did.  24 hours has now passed and I still haven't heard anything back.  This is ridiculous.  Is there anybody who can just give me a straight answer as to when I will get documentation to draw down this loan?  Can any of you help me please?  This delay is totally unacceptable considering in the past the whole application was processed and drawn down in one day.
    TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

leo78 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I applied for a small loan topup last week.  Eventually I got an email yesterday asking me to submit pps documentation which I did.  24 hours has now passed and I still haven't heard anything back.  This is ridiculous.  Is there anybody who can just give me a straight answer as to when I will get documentation to draw down this loan?  Can any of you help me please?  This delay is totally unacceptable considering in the past the whole application was processed and drawn down in one day.
    TIA
    Hi leo78,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Please be advised that all applications are assessed on a case by case basis with a number of factors taken into consideration. Once you return the PPS documentation the application will be reviewed and you would generally receive an update within 1-2 working days.

We are sorry to hear that your application has taken longer than expected. If you would like an update on the application we would recommend that you call our lending team on 0818200334 and one of our advisors will be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Leonita

Hi Jen,
    Thanks for the speedy reply.  When I phoned them yesterday they said that I would have the documentation in 24 hours and it also says that somewhere in that email.  I've been phoning everyday but I feel as if I'm just being fobbed off.  When I initally applied I was told it would all be sorted by Monday.  I did a phone application if that has any bearing on the progress?
    I'm just looking for an answer at this stage as I need to know when the money is going to hit my account.  Can you please tell me if applying online or over the phone has any bearing on the delay?
    TIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi Jen,
    Thanks for the speedy reply.  When I phoned them yesterday they said that I would have the documentation in 24 hours and it also says that somewhere in that email.  I've been phoning everyday but I feel as if I'm just being fobbed off.  When I initally applied I was told it would all be sorted by Monday.  I did a phone application if that has any bearing on the progress?
    I'm just looking for an answer at this stage as I need to know when the money is going to hit my account.  Can you please tell me if applying online or over the phone has any bearing on the delay?
    TIA
    Thanks for getting back to us here today. Can we ask have you checked your junk/spam folder as from time to time our emails can be sent here. The length of time taken to process the application is not affected by how it was submitted and this would have no bearing on your specific application. 

Once the application is approved funds are credited to your account within 24-48hours of approval. 

We can assure you that as soon as an update is available on the application our team will be in touch with you. 

Thanks Jen 

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Leonita

Hi Jen,
    TIA
    Thanks for getting back to us here today. Can we ask have you checked your junk/spam folder as from time to time our emails can be sent here. The length of time taken to process the application is not affected by how it was submitted and this would have no bearing on your specific application. 

Once the application is approved funds are credited to your account within 24-48hours of approval. 

We can assure you that as soon as an update is available on the application our team will be in touch with you. 

Thanks Jen 
    Ok thank you Jen.  i will wait another day so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Justme1234

Hi Leo, just wondering if you got sorted with this problem because I’m in the same boat at the minute. If it did get sorted how did you go about it? Like yourself I’m ringing every week day and being told the documents will be sent to me & then I receive nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Justme1234

Hi Leo, just wondering if you got sorted with this problem because I’m in the same boat at the minute. If it did get sorted how did you go about it? Like yourself I’m ringing every week day and being told the documents will be sent to me & then I receive nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Justme1234 wrote: »
    Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie. 

Not sure if you’ve seen our reply to your previous post in relation to this here: 
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2058100962[/font] 

Many thanks, Eve 

Advertisement