Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The idiots guide to DIY short breaks and last-minute powder chasing

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

That train schedule looks like a bit of a nightmare for a short trip, too many things that may not work out. For a longer trip it sounds great though.
    I’d a short trip last weekend that worked out brilliantly. We flew with Aerlingus to Munich on the early flight, hires a car in Munich and skied from 13:30 to 16:30 that day in SÖLL. Skied a full day Saturday and skied until 15:30 Sunday leaving loads of time to get back for the Ryanair flight back to Dublin.
    SÖLL was a lot better than I had imagined and having skied extensively in France and Italy it was very different. The piste are mostly a lot shorter but there are loads of them. The quality of the ski lifts were excellent and there were bars and restaurants all over the mountain.
    We were very lucky with snow as it snowed on Saturday and Sunday and the snow was ****e on Friday particularly low down.
    I’ll do it again.

Advertisement