Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir rural FTTH thread

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gboyd

I just checked with a contact there. The DSLAM has been installed in the exchange so you should be live within 2 to 5 months for FTTC. The exchange is just across the road from that green dot. It is a small beige building with a brown door on Streetview.

Thanks so much for the information, that’s excellent news.

So it’s literally next door to me based on your description :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Gboyd wrote: »
    Thanks so much for the information, that’s excellent news.

So it’s literally next door to me based on your description :)

Yeah just to your left. You can't get much closer!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gboyd

The house is a new build (house in street view was knocked) so looks like I’m going to have to get a phone line installed, I had hoped to avoid that with the FTTH :-(

Another thing to look into but I guess I can forget about my 1gbit set up now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Gboyd wrote: »
    The house is a new build (house in street view was knocked) so looks like I’m going to have to get a phone line installed, I had hoped to avoid that with the FTTH :-(

Another thing to look into but I guess I can forget about my 1gbit set up now haha

There's good news though. OpenEIR have been testing supervectoring, so there is a chance, that while you may start at 100 Mbit/s .... by the end of the year, that line will be capable of 200 Mbit/s with the right router.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,246 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Marlow wrote: »
    There's good news though. OpenEIR have been testing supervectoring, so there is a chance, that while you may start at 100 Mbit/s .... by the end of the year, that line will be capable of 200 Mbit/s with the right router.

/M
    This confuses me, why continue with old tech and not continue with upgrading everyone to fibre to the home?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement