Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

favourite star wars movie

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

empire without a doubt. "luke i am your father" the best bit. infact im going to play a one on one with darth vader in the bespin exaust level of jk II.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

How i ask you is Phantom Menace ahead of a new hope and Jedi?? Dont get me wrong i liked it but not compared to any of the other movies!

Me thinks someone is deleting their cookies and voting again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

yeah im certain of it... 55 votes and only 32 replies at time of post.. very few will vote and not post on a poll

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Saruman
    yeah im certain of it... 55 votes and only 32 replies at time of post.. very few will vote and not post on a poll
    I often will vote, but not post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by Draco

me also. though not in this case :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

i had to vote for ESB.

if you think of each film as a third of a book then "a new hope" is the opening, it introduces all the characters and sets the scene (interstellar rebellion with billions of lives at stake) then you have an uplifting end to the first third (destruction of the deathstar) the second third is totally character driven witha bit of action thrown in (battle of hoth and cloud city saber battle) but the middle section of the book is also the most important part, its where ther plot twist comes into shape (luke being vaders son) and ends on a low note (lukes hand is cut off, he finds out hes been lied to his whole life and the rebellion is scattered)
    The third part of the book is the climax, and for the whole section you can feel the build up, a little comic releif is introduced to lighten the tension, then you have the finale where good triumphs over evil.

now if you take a look at episode 1 & 2 it follows the same pattern

episode 1 - introduces anikin as a boy and padme naberie, also the jedi (obi wan yoda etc etc) and sets the scene of a troubled republic (trade federation) but it ends on an uplifting beat, the trade federation is defeated and there was much rejoicing

episode 2 - character driven again, anakin is older and more controlled by his feelings for padme, the plot twist.....the jedi started the clone wars!?!! (although influenced by palpatine)
    it also ends on a low point, the jedi have been severly weakened by their battle with dooku and anakin has lost his arm.

my idea of episode 3
    the climax has to be the formation of the rebel alliance, pure and simple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by Draco

same here.... but if u must knwo i voted for empire strikes back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by alb

same here.... but if u must knwo i voted for empire strikes back

moi aussi.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I vote and dont post.

i voted for esb...though I loved rotj.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Star wars for me too, in my day this film had a two word title.

New ones are a bit too Dawson's Creek for my liking..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I'm with Bard on this one (spot the old farts)

Star Wars. Note the. A new hope indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I voted for AotC, i never liked ESB much, it seemed unfinished at the end the 1st time i saw it. RotJ was my 2nd fave tho, luke burning vader in the end was a great ending to a great battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭BJJ

Phantom Menace

Advertisement