Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VCVrack - Virtual Modular Synth

Options
  • 31-12-2017 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

I posted about this in the Feedback thread a while back. It has gotten a few updates since then and modules are much easier to manage also some bugs fixed and new ones introduced. There was supposed to be a VST bridge released around now but nothing yet. I believe that when it is ready for v1 the bridge will be released. You will be able to send audio to your DAW with the bridge but the actual program will still be stand alone iirc. Audio can be sent to it too though ;)

VCVrack is an open source virtual modular synth program which behaves almost and close to the real thing. Great tool if you want to learn about modular or if you already have the hardware and want to try stuff out. There are some paid devices but most devices are free. There is a tonne of devices available and more added all the time. You can download here v0.5.1 and when you create an account the modules are available to sync with the client just add the devices you want and login to your account in the client to sync.

Current version only allows you to sync modules. There is a bug with updating though. It will update but the update notification does not disappear for some modules.

I've been using it on and off quiet a bit and it is really fun. Have a go yourself if you have any questions feel free to ask I will try my best to answer but there is a tonne of videos on youtube about it also so feel free to post any you come across as well as any patches I will post a few myself also. Any modular concepts would work!

Here's a little jam I did. No editing done so it is long just skip through. Attached the patch also "pre 001" if its any use! Its capable of some nice sounding stuff well worth the effort to learn. There is a GitHub as well if you can code check that out!

Comments

Advertisement