Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Canadian Ultimatum 300wm & PSE

Options
  • 16-03-2020 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Recently had my barrelled action shipped from Brock & Norris who profiled and fitted a 24" Canadian IBI barrel to an Ultimatum Deadline magnum action. Also the Canadian Triggertech Trigger. The Deadline is a 3 lug short throw remmy clone with integrated recoil lug. Very solid piece of kit and built to a very high standard. This was bedded in to one of our E-Tac4 RLA stocks with Atlasworx 300wm mag system and 300wm Accurate magazine. I had never had sprayed a brown stock for myself so mixed a few paints to test... Weight of the bare rifle is 4.4kg 9.7lb and shoots very smooth with the Hausken Mod and heavy 3-27x56 PMII scope on top.

9DHD08s.jpg

3AbOAn7.jpg

HyffgT7.jpg

CVOSnSA.jpg

edi

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Very nice Edi.

The action looks like an RPA/Sako/Remmie. Remmie footprint, RPA short throw and Sako designed bolt. If its like all three then it's off good stock. Did you consider fluting the barrel for weight saving or is she intended for sporting league shooting?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

Cass, the rifle is about right in weight. Actually have never had a fluted barrel and did not think about it, also I wanted to see how the Canadian IBI barrels shoot and did not want to risk a fluted barrel changing results. With all on she is a heavy lump for hunting but I will used it to pic out deer in plantations. Won't be my main hunting rifle. If I kame it up to the range I'll bring her along for the fun of it.
    Last year I met the Canadian Ultimatum guys at the IWA show (good old days) and liked the actions so much I struck a deal. I have never been a great fan of 3 lug actions because all my two lug actions shoot so well. There were reports on the net that the three lug actions don't feed well or are difficult to adjust with AICS/AI type mags however in my case it was just a matter of putting together and height adjustment of mag release lever. Feeds fantastic, just like my old 2 lug DCR rem clone action. Another point is that the Deadline actions can change the bolthead, meaning one could change it to 308/30-06 head size.
    edi

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭badaj0z

Lovely work and nice colours. All it needs for perfection is a sand coloured scope!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭badshot

oh sweet jesus that is nice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Oh that's a beauty, 300wm in a relatively chunky setup is a lovely calibre to shoot

• Advertisement
Advertisement