Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 7 Plus €399

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

biebiebie wrote: »
    Pre-orders are now available on Amazon.de

6" HD+ LCD
    Dual SIM + SD Card
    FM radio
    3800mah battery
    Qualcomm 4 fast charge
    Android One

Anyone else considering this?
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07B65SGKJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1&th=1
    Left Nokia year's ago ,no apps,playstore etc, turned to Xiaomi ,but this looks sweet

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Left Nokia year's ago ,no apps,playstore etc, turned to Xiaomi ,but this looks sweet

That was the old days of Windows phone. Great hardware, crap OS. Nokia on android is amongst the best you can get..
    Good to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭breeno

I'm keeping a close eye on this one to replace an S7 Edge. The initial hands on reviews are positive but I'm waiting for a full review or two before pulling the trigger. Hoping Camera and battery life are decent ; not expecting miracles at the price point but hopefully the camera in particular holds up well against the big boys.

breeno wrote: »
    I'm keeping a close eye on this one to replace an S7 Edge. The initial hands on reviews are positive but I'm waiting for a full review or two before pulling the trigger. Hoping Camera and battery life are decent ; not expecting miracles at the price point but hopefully the camera in particular holds up well against the big boys.

Tempted to pre order ,price stays at the lowest level,any difference buyers gets the amount the price has dropped,if it goes up u get charged at the initial lowest price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Yep the camera is high in my own list of requirements.

If the Pixel 2 camera software can be ported to work on the Nokia 7, then it'll be a fantastic middle ground phone with a potential 2 day battery (depending on usage).

Does anyone know if the pixel 2 camera is working on any of the existing Nokia 2017 phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Considering this for my dads upgrade from a nexus 6p. Camera is important so depending on how well that is, it looks like a great device.

biebiebie wrote: »

Yep the camera is high in my own list of requirements.

If the Pixel 2 camera software can be ported to work on the Nokia 7, then it'll be a fantastic middle ground phone with a potential 2 day battery (depending on usage).

Does anyone know if the pixel 2 camera is working on any of the existing Nokia 2017 phones?
    The Google camera works on the Nokia 8 for sure. There's a thread over on the xda forums. I think you need to play with one or two settings the first time you start it up and it works well from there. I'd be hopeful the The stock software would be good enough to not need the Google Cam but the option should be there if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Wonder will it be possible to take advantage of the free google home mini mentioned here
    Maybe it's just if you're buying in a b&m store? No mention of it on amazon.co.uk

Wonder will it be possible to take advantage of the free google home mini mentioned here
    Maybe it's just if you're buying in a b&m store? No mention of it on amazon.co.uk
    Amazon de?

Amazon de?
    FYI pre ordered Nokia 7 plus from Amazon de,works out at e420 , including German tax and delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Bought a Sony Xperia XA1 less than 12 months ago and it's been sent for refurb twice. same issue is starting to happen for a third time. Sony won't give me my money back (€279) but I'm thinking of just (recycle) binning it and getting the new Nokia 6. Anyone have an idea when it's out? Google only throws up stuff for India...
    Cheers.

Bought a Sony Xperia XA1 less than 12 months ago and it's been sent for refurb twice. same issue is starting to happen for a third time. Sony won't give me my money back (€279) but I'm thinking of just (recycle) binning it and getting the new Nokia 6. Anyone have an idea when it's out? Google only throws up stuff for India...
    Cheers.
    Now or soon

Now or soon

Can't find anything. Practically 100% of google results are all badly worded blogs from India...

Now or soon

Can't find anything. Practically 100% of google results are all badly worded blogs from India...
    God,got it the other night,if I find it I'll post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

For anyone having doubts. I bought a Nokia 8 last month. Quality slick piece of kit. No issue. Moved from an iPhone 7.

Digital trends,tech radar, somewhere near there, googled Nokia 9 release date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Looking forward to reviews in this. Really considering selling my S8 and getting it then as I'm fed up with the awful update process from Samsung

Cina wrote: »
    Looking forward to reviews in this. Really considering selling my S8 and getting it then as I'm fed up with the awful update process from Samsung
    Which one N7 plus,or N8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Which one N7 plus,or N8?

The one in the thread title :)

Which one N7 plus,or N8?

Know,but last few posters were referring to N8😎

• Advertisement

Which one N7 plus,or N8?

Know,but last few posters were referring to N8😎
    Nokia 8

Got a nice hard back cover ready for this bad boy when he arrives

Any sign of the 7 plus yet?

Probably a silly question but if I ordered from Amazon.de I presume I'd be stuck with a European type charger?

Probably a silly question but if I ordered from Amazon.de I presume I'd be stuck with a European type charger?
    4/12 of June I was told,pre ordered already

4/12 of June I was told,pre ordered already
    So if interested you've loads of time to order what ever charger u need

June? I thought it was available now. Is that the black or white version? Seems there's a delay on the white version.

June? I thought it was available now. Is that the black or white version? Seems there's a delay on the white version.
    White I ordered,yes delivery from Amazon de between the 4/12 june

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tom67

Anyone managed to pick up one of these with UK plug ??

Amazon uk not selling till may 2nd. Some stores in UK selling,

check out unlocked mobiles dot com. Don't like that they dont have paypal option , but you get free headphones,

Anyone pick up one anywhere else ??

• Advertisement

Tom67 wrote: »
    Anyone managed to pick up one of these with UK plug ??

Amazon uk not selling till may 2nd. Some stores in UK selling,

check out unlocked mobiles dot com. Don't like that they dont have paypal option , but you get free headphones,

Anyone pick up one anywhere else ??
    Hoping my pre-ordered one comes with 3 pin

Advertisement