Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

bromley52 wrote: »
    I was told that someone who is PAUG with Eir can move to this plan no problem and quickly as they already have an Eir SIM. it hasn't been tried yet though.

I got switched over to this as an existing customer. Took 20 minutes in total. No waiting on hold for ages etc. which I was expecting after reading this thread. Saving a tenner a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Keith186 wrote: »
    I got switched over to this as an existing customer. Took 20 minutes in total. No waiting on hold for ages etc. which I was expecting after reading this thread. Saving a tenner a month.

An existing SIM only customer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭Keith186

MunsterM wrote: »
    An existing SIM only customer ?

Yes, was on €25 on sim only before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭corks finest

Avoid like the plague. 2 weeks trying to get broadband issues resolved, chat icon waste of time. 50 mins holding on phone to speak to customer service, promised reduction in bill, never happened 47 minutes waiting time again. And worse is they even pulled there service contacts off boards. Be warned.
    They're a bloody shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I recently switched to this offer and I couldn't be happier.
    Can't complain about €15/month for 12 months for unlimited calls, texts and 30gb data. Eir Sports app is also a bonus. You may need to wait 24hrs for this to work.

I can also confirm that WiFi calling is available on this plan. It seems to activate when ever I turn it on and I have excellent signal strength so it's not just on weak signal.
    I did have to change the firmware on my S8+ but that was easy and my phone is much faster now.

Firmware change is required for WiFi calling if your phone was not purchased from Eir.
    NB. Back up your phone before attempting the above. Eg smart switch for Samsung devices.

Steps I followed to change firmware on my S8+

The following is educational only and if you try it I will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong.

1. Back up what's app.
    2. Backup phone data using Smart Switch.
    3. Turn on USB debugging in developer mode. This may not be required but some found it helps prevent issues.
    4. Remove all Google and Samsung accounts.
    5. Download the Meteor firmware from Sammobile and Odin (flashing software)
    6. Extract the firmware.
    7. Open Odin and add each of the extracted files. AP will take the longest and choose CSC without the Home.
    8. Put phone into download mode.
    9. Connect phone to PC. Odin should detect your device and a BLUE box will show up with the COM port number. (Be sure, the SAMSUNG-drivers are installed on your PC!)
    10. Do NOT tick any extra boxes if present. The only options to be ticked are F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot.
    11. Click the start button, wait for Odin to say 'PASS' in a GREEN box. Once the flash is complete, your phone will reboot, and you can disconnect your phone from the PC.
    During the process the download bar on your phone will also indicated the progress of the download .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Keith186 wrote: »
    Yes, was on €25 on sim only before.

CS rep told me it was only for porting/new customers, (I'm existing on same plan) transferred to loyalty but they only offered it for 6 months as opposed to 12, agent said they werent able to apply it for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

5500 wrote: »
    CS rep told me it was only for porting/new customers, (I'm existing on same plan) transferred to loyalty but they only offered it for 6 months as opposed to 12, agent said they werent able to apply it for 12 months

Did you call the number in the op?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭5500

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Did you call the number in the op?

Yep and quoted one big switch too, maby it was just the agent I got

• Registered Users Posts: 28,578 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

How long does this offer run for does anyone know? I'm tied to Vodafone for another few months but would nearly buy myself out of it - no wifi calling on my S9+ and very poor signal generally lately.

I'm also an eir BB customer so would get it cheaper again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can you go into an Eir shop and get this deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Tusky wrote: »
    Can you go into an Eir shop and get this deal?

No. Eir shops are giving 6 months at 14.99 on a 30 day rolling contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

So some are having success as an existing eir simo customer getting this offer for 12 months others are only being offered 6 months. Might chance my arm tomorrow my current half price offer has just ended, now back up to 30 euro pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

glic83 wrote: »
    So some are having success as an existing eir simo customer getting this offer for 12 months others are only being offered 6 months. Might chance my arm tomorrow my current half price offer has just ended, now back up to 30 euro pm.

Well, I hope ye don't get Anton at Eir. He's under the impression that it's only for people porting over from another provider. They'd really need to tell their employees what their offers are and who they apply to.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fann Linn wrote: »
    No. Eir shops are giving 6 months at 14.99 on a 30 day rolling contract.

What info do you need to port over the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

I got the offer, but how do I get the free eir sports pack that lasts until the end of July?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

_Kaiser_ wrote:
    How long does this offer run for does anyone know? I'm tied to Vodafone for another few months but would nearly buy myself out of it - no wifi calling on my S9+ and very poor signal generally lately.

10th may according to t&c.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

From the t&c:

2. The €15 discount will be applied to the first 12 bills and thereafter the standard pricing will apply.
    This offer is only available to One Big Switch members who sign up through our dedicated affinity
    channel on either the Connect 30-Day or Complete 30-Day SIM only plan. For clarity, this offer is not
    available in eir retail, telesales, or online channels. This offer is only available from 08/04/19 until
    10/05/2019. eir reserve the right to withdraw this offer at any time without notice.
    3. A once off activation fee may apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭djdunny

Just off the phone with the loyalty team. The person I spoke to wouldn't budge on giving me the full 12 months, best she could give me was 6 months. She said the 12 months only applied to customer who were signing up for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

djdunny wrote: »
    Just off the phone with the loyalty team. The person I spoke to wouldn't budge on giving me the full 12 months, best she could give me was 6 months. She said the 12 months only applied to customer who were signing up for the first time.

Is that stated anywhere in the terms & conditions? as I couldn't find it on the T&C's I downloaded from the OBS website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭djdunny

glic83 wrote: »
    Is that stated anywhere in the terms & conditions? as I couldn't find it on the T&C's I downloaded from the OBS website

I argued that with them as well but she just kept saying "my supervisor said...". She then told me it was not possible to move an existing eir customer to that package for 12 months.

I wasn't in the mood for argument so I took the 6 months and will call back then to see if I can get another deal

• Advertisement

ed1140 wrote: »
    I got the offer, but how do I get the free eir sports pack that lasts until the end of July?

You need the red eir sports app and it will not work until after midnight on the day you switch as that is when the servers refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

just signed up this morning ringing number in OP, signed up straight away in 15 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

Avoid

I signed up last week in shop. they confirmed that my phone number would port across to my new eir sim that day. It didnt. I spent an hour on chat with Eir a couple of days later yo port it over and ultimately they needed to send code to my old sim. Of course by that stage my old sim service was over. So i couldnt bring over my phone number. So had to call eir and cancel the service. which was another 30 min delay.

So more than an hour and approx 20euro wasted.

sdraobs wrote: »
    Avoid

I signed up last week in shop. they confirmed that my phone number would port across to my new eir sim that day. It didnt. I spent an hour on chat with Eir a couple of days later yo port it over and ultimately they needed to send code to my old sim. Of course by that stage my old sim service was over. So i couldnt bring over my phone number. So had to call eir and cancel the service. which was another 30 min delay.

So more than an hour and approx 20euro wasted.

You made the mistake of trying to sign up in a shop. They can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sdraobs

You made the mistake of trying to sign up in a shop. They can't do it.

If the guy in the shop had told me about this issue, it wouldnt have been a problem.

I wanted to do it in a shop so i dont have to wait for a sim card in the post and risk an interupted service. And its better to deal with a face rather than online which is ultimately just a completed form.

You might save 5 euro transferring over but its a big risk. i dont even know if Three mobile have kept my phone number. i need to go into them tomorrow and beg them to take me back.

What I did.
    1. Rang 1800303719 and signed up on a Tuesday.
    2. SIM arrived Friday morning after getting Nightline delivery notification on Thursday.
    3. Called to local eir store on Saturday and they switched my Vodafone PAUG number.

The time from which the eir store started the switch to being on eir was about 10-15min.

Now rather than paying €20 every 28days (€21.40/30days),
    I'm paying €15 every 30days and not having to worry about topping up.
    As an extra I now have more data, WiFi calling world wide and eir sports mobile which will hopefully will last beyond July.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What I did.
    2. SIM arrived Friday morning.
    3. Called to local eir store on Saturday and they switched my Vodafone PAUG number.

The time from which the eir store started the switch to being on eir was about 10-15min.

As an extra I now have more data, WiFi calling world wide and eir sports mobile which will hopefully will last beyond July.
    What was the advantage of going to the store to port if you had the sim?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    What was the advantage of going to the store to port if you had the sim?

It was a bank holiday weekend and it was not possible to port over the phone until today. The eir store was across the way from where I was doing my shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,198 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

djdunny wrote: »

My partner and I got 12 months once we stuck our heels in.

Existing customers. You just need to be polite, but firm. We wouldn't take no for an answer and just politely said we'll cancel on the spot... boom, 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

What I did.
    2. SIM arrived Friday morning.

did you get confirmation email and also a text about the sim delivery?
    i didnt get either yet and signed up yesterday

Advertisement