Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The mame of shame

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

God bless Benny B's eyesight..

God bless Benny B's eyesight..

He must be buddies with Pac-Matt :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gonna need these:
    sickbag_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

OK lads,
    hold onto your chairs!
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=136713.0;attach=323591;image

f6SFBDd.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=143792.0;attach=323891;image
    ah lads

Was the marquee label pasted on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

I think it could just be static cling holding it on there...

I cant get my head around it, these last 2 look like they have been T molded, so whoever built them had tools and some woodworking knowledge.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think it could just be static cling holding it on there...

I cant get my head around it, these last 2 look like they have been T molded, so whoever built them had tools and some woodworking knowledge.

Part of the problem isn't that the creators are unskilled, rather that it appears the cab building requires design as well as the ability to put it all together.
    The latter they have, the former not so much, or rather they think they have it but don't.
    There's a reason arcade cabinets tend to for into discreet templates, it's because these are forms that work, from screen size to control panel design.
    You do not need a massive cp over populated with buttons, nor do you opt for a 14" monitor perched in the midst of a metre and a half of shiny black bezel.

No sense of irony here at all in the ad for the ruined Space Invaders cab

http://www.adverts.ie/7668961

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

t-minus 30 seconds before my comment gets removed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

What about this

Looks like its setup for right and left handed players...but not two player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Another cocktail cab ruined :(

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Another cocktail cab ruined :(

Yep and no matter what the ad say it is Mame...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'd rather play with the box of toys in the background, give me a one armed Buzz Lightyear any day over a Destiny themed cocktail.

MjcyZTI1N2YwZWE2YzBlMWE3NGM0ZWM0YmIwNWZjOWLHF0exksKRB8toUT5AaD-yaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYjZjZjk1ZTlkOTM0ODZhNWZjNjIyZTE2OTE0NmZhYjM5NDA4NzZjNTRmNjk0ZTlhOTA4NTgzYTFiNTYyNjc2OS5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4NDIwfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Yep and no matter what the ad say it is Mame...

Could it be a 60 in 1 board?

Doge wrote: »
    Could it be a 60 in 1 board?

60-in-1 board runs Mame underneath the frontend. Its all emulation :)

I'd rather play with the box of toys in the background, give me a one armed Buzz Lightyear any day over a Destiny themed cocktail.

You mean a Mrs. Nesbitt doll?

Star Lord wrote: »
    You mean a Mrs. Nesbitt doll?

Not even complete, the hat and apron are missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

As a person who doesn't own an arcade cabinet of any shape or form. What's a good offer to make on this? Cosmetically it can always be changed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Personally i wouldnt go near it. his price of 750 is crazy. in that state its probably worth 250. its a lcd with a 40 euro 60in1 board. He has wrecked everything that made that cocktail worth money.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    As a person who doesn't own an arcade cabinet of any shape or form. What's a good offer to make on this? Cosmetically it can always be changed.

Going to have to agree with Optimus on this one. Steer clear of it unless you are getting it for super cheap. You'd want to be checking under the hood as well, could be a bit of a bodge job.

Technically is it jamma wired but these boards are emulation based. Its not the original.

Theres nowt wrong with these 60 in 1 boards, I've got one for a cocktail cab I'm building as theres a good selection of 2 player flip screen games.

I Have the 619 in 1 horizontal monitor jobby in another cab, again hassle free - just turn on and off you go.

But I'd rather put one in a freshly built replica cocktail cab than see an original cab butchered like this.

• Advertisement

60-in-1 board runs Mame underneath the frontend. Its all emulation :)

Wasnt thinking clealry the other day it seems! :)

Doge wrote: »
    Wasnt thinking clealry the other day it seems! :)

I do that most days, I find it vey refreshing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

eddhorse wrote: »
    Fugly.

Is it just me or do the angles for that screen seem 'wrong'? Too shallow an angle.

Edit: I really hope that wasn't an original 4-player TMNT cab that got butchered. I have many fond memories of that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Lemming wrote: »
    Is it just me or do the angles for that screen seem 'wrong'? Too shallow an angle.

Edit: I really hope that wasn't an original 4-player TMNT cab that got butchered. I have many fond memories of that game.

You'd have do be standing on top of the cabinet to see anything at that angle...you'd think after butchering it so badly in the first place he'd have butchered it a bit more and fashioned a bracket for the LCD he put in it to sit straight.

You'd have do be standing on top of the cabinet to see anything at that angle...

Well that's not possible because he seems to have modded a kitchen table into a CP...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I'm pretty sure I've seen that one before somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

It's "different", I'll give him that. It's almost like it's designed for you to 'lean in' to it. But I don't see it being particularly comfortable on the arms after a while because you'd have to have them elevated in some sort of wierd 'chicken' shape. And I say that being 6'3". There may also be a problem with the two-player button selector in that there isn't a second joystick ...

Advertisement