Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinn 556i and 556a

• 18-04-2019 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone here own either of these watches seem to be a very well piece for around the €1000.

What are people's views on either of the 556i or 556a.

Which dial would you go for? The 556a seems sportier and the 556i seems more dress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I agree with you on the sportier/ dressier observation. I personally prefer the 556A (have an 856 UTC which is similar but slightly bigger) but would be happy to have either.

I really like the blue dial version- 556I B

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

I agree with you on the sportier/ dressier observation. I personally prefer the 556A (have an 856 UTC which is similar but slightly bigger) but would be happy to have either.

I really like the blue dial version- 556I B

The blue is nice too in its own way too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Definitely the 556i for me. I think the big numbers makes the A look like a swatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I've got the 556i with mother of pearl dial bookmarked.

I'll be picking that up later in the year once I finally decide on the strap.

I'm not a fan of the 'a' type face.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

This? https://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/556_I_Mother-of-pearl_S.htm

Very nice. I'd go for black alligator skin. Unless you already have a black dial black strap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Cienciano wrote: »

Very nice. I'd go for black alligator skin. Unless you already have a black dial black strap.

That's the one. Black dial black strap will probably be taken care of in the next few weeks but it wouldn't be as dressy as the Sinn.

There's a few different straps they have that I like so I just need to pick one.

It'll be my most expensive watch so that's taking some time to commit too also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Cienciano wrote: »

Oh that is nice. How are Sinn watches generally at holding their value?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

Oh that is nice. How are Sinn watches generally at holding their value?

Think they are always in around €600-€800 used

Advertisement