Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easter Egg Deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I melted last years build up of eggs and it was a disaster compared to the proper baking chocolate, whatever is in the new Cadbury’s stiff is almost impossible to melt
    I had no trouble melting last year, I mix it with coconut oil after. I do agree the chocolate in general is much worse, and of course bars are smaller -just as retail & mulitpack are, I doubt anybody questions that. My quoted comment sparking more comments was about price per kilo, and just highlighting that the (crappy tiny horrible tasting) eggs are far cheaper then the (crappy tiny horrible tasting) chocolate bars you get nowadays! so people might want to buy for "non easter" uses as they are such good value relative to other bars today, I much prefer a egg than a bar.

This 2 bar egg was what I knew as "medium", it is from 1991 and 220g.

27403DC000000578-3024334-image-m-112_1428055848087.jpg

I think kit kats were about 45g then, reduced recently enough to about 40g. So about 130g of egg.

In supervalu it will be 2euro for 2 eggs with 2 bars and 200g of egg, 280g total. Some might have preferred the chocolate back then but if you could magic up that 1991 220g egg and have price it to what it was in punts, and adjust for inflation, then I would definitely be getting todays ones. They were stupid money back then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

1kg Lindt bunny eggs - £40 with free Amazon Prime delivery.

£40 also in larger Tesco stores in NI

€60 in Brown Thomas...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lindt-Golden-Bunny-1-Kg/dp/B000O6XSFO/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=2V7CB173Q0P1M&keywords=lindt+1kg&qid=1554320991&s=gateway&sprefix=lindt+1&sr=8-2

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

amber2 wrote:
    48 Hour Special - Thursday & Friday Only, Mix & Match Any 3 for €3 on Cadbury, Mars or Nestlé Medium Easter Eggs. Grab them quick!

Will be stocking up in SuperValu tomorrow morning so as missed offers in Tesco and Dunnes over past few weeks. Can't see getting the "medium" eggs for less than €1 each in next 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭holliehobbie

I melted last years build up of eggs and it was a disaster compared to the proper baking chocolate, whatever is in the new Cadbury’s stiff is almost impossible to melt

Is it the palm oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

Picked up 6 eggs in SuperValu for 6 euro and had no problem scanning them with the self service checkout. Thanks for posting jt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It was like the last days of Sodom and Gomorrah in my local store, people just taking the packages of eggs as soon as they came from the stock room. One woman had a trolley full of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Biggish (read, not great per kg but look relatively impressive) Cadburys eggs are half price in Tesco.

Mini eggs, dairy milk, flake etc: this kind https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=302808804

Large sized ones 2 for €8 from tomorrow
    https://m.tesco.ie/mt/www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265947614

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

handy snack after the school run :D

Then head to slimming world and wonder why they aren't losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

amber2 wrote: »
    Supervalu tomorrow :

48 Hour Special - Thursday & Friday Only, Mix & Match Any 3 for €3 on Cadbury, Mars or Nestlé Medium Easter Eggs. Grab them quick!

Limit of 12 per customer in my local SuperValu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Pay less for less and people think it’s a deal :confused:
    I’d prefer to pay regular price for the eggs that were around years ago

Same with Roses at xmas... I would happily pay 20e for a tin of "premium" roses that do not taste like dog ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

amber2 wrote: »
    Limit of 12 per customer in my local SuperValu.

I got 21 this morning with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Centra Glencar Letterkenny are selling 6 Cadbury’s Easter eggs for €9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Saw an ad in the paper earlier, Eurospar are doing 9 for €9

Starts today and on for a few days, til the 7th i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Dancor wrote: »
    I got 21 this morning with no issues.

Probably store specific limits, having said that I went out the door & back in and got 3 more at the self service till.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Debenhams doing a 1/2 price sale on Easter Eggs at the moment. Good selection too especially on the larger eggs. Picked myself up a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,250 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Debenhams gone into administration so eggs might even get cheaper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

RoboKlopp wrote: »

every cloud... what :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

RoboKlopp wrote: »

That's Debenhams UK only.

Debenhams Ireland reassures staff and customers as UK store enters administration

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Meduum eggs are 3 for €4.50 at Tesco!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ashes2014

Eggs are 3 for €4.50 at Tesco!
    Yep-can recommend the click and collect when shopping in Tesco. Its brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

The shelves were stuffed full in Debenhams (Blackrock) with large eggs this afternoon. No way they would have cleared them all.
    They were down to €7 average but the Creme Egg (of which there were loaaaads) was the best bargain.
    May be worth a trip on Monday if anyone's still craving (overly sweet and gooey) chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Ki ki wrote: »
    The shelves were stuffed full in Debenhams (Blackrock) with large eggs this afternoon. No way they would have cleared them all.
    They were down to €7 average but the Creme Egg (of which there were loaaaads) was the best bargain.
    May be worth a trip on Monday if anyone's still craving (overly sweet and gooey) chocolate.
    Same in blanchardstown. Was like a Black Friday for eggs. Queues of people at the tills with them. Surely €5.10 for creme egg egg isn't that amazing is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Meduum eggs are 3 for €4.50 at Tesco!

99c each in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

All eggs where half price in dunnes this morning, decent size Lindt ones from 4 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

5 packs of creme eggs were 2euro in tesco yesterday. There were very few easter eggs left.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

All remaining stock at M&S is 50% off including various Easter cakes etc. Quite a bit still left in Dundrum earlier.

Even some of their Easter deserts are included.

Makes some of the stuff that was mad money, bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

Tesco large Easter eggs 2e

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

All remaining stock at M&S is 50% off including various Easter cakes etc. Quite a bit still left in Dundrum earlier.

Even some of their Easter deserts are included.

Makes some of the stuff that was mad money, bearable.
    This includes the rather cool looking Jazzie eggs (3 euro).
    Tonnes in o connell street yday

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

4 for €4 Dunnes Stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭mydiscworld

5 for 5 in Tesco valid from tomorrow (13/3/2020) until 17/3/2020

link, if it works

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00005682&icid=TBH_Tab4_Easter_Buylist_Easter_Medium_eggs

Advertisement