Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Aged mist Raven is great for lightning phase Genichiro I found, get in his face so he can't use lightning then use the prosthetic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

sweetie wrote: »
    Aged mist Raven is great for lightning phase Genichiro I found, get in his face so he can't use lightning then use the prosthetic

I just got in his face and deflected attacked, maybe one mikiri, posture flies up

• Finally got past Genichiro's second health bar, bastard got me with a lightning attack. ****ing hell, this game is a lot of effort. Any other game would probably have a checkpoint or something between those phases!

Finished the side quest for the pot noodle guys and had to google the final step. Maybe i missed a hint telling me to travel to where I needed to go I'd not have gone back there in the normal course of events. :confused:

• What use is that tooth that kills yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

It works instantly and when you use them, it doesnt black out your revives. So a use for it i guess would be if you use up all of your gord in a fight and you have no other healing items or whatever. and say you get hit to minimal health, you could pop it and revive with half health. and you can still use the other revives you have left, so you could do it three times..

But its rare you would ever be in that situation tbh, so its pretty meh

You haven;t met enfeeble status effect if you have question the tooth :p

It's an in before the lock tool.

You haven;t met enfeeble status effect if you have question the tooth :p

It's an in before the lock tool.

Yeah that would be a good idea to use it then, but if you get enfeebled in the first place you deserve to die :D:p

I only found out what those doods did after i went back to farm the place, i found out what they did and lost a good chunk of xp/sen i had farmed :pac:

You get hit with it once and you won't be casual around those guys again. It is actually pretty funny. I got stung with it using whistle on the masked guy with the noble beside him just before the next idol. Took out masked guy then the noble but didn't see the second one or have any clue he was there. Slithered over and murdered me as I hobbled away mashing buttons having no clue what just happened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So.....
    Still on Ishinn, but i'm comfortably getting him to his third phase now. Its just working out the timings on his spear sweeps.

Have him in the 4th phase a good bit now but cant seem to get Lighting return to work.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    So.....
    Still on Ishinn, but i'm comfortably getting him to his third phase now. Its just working out the timings on his spear sweeps.

Have him in the 4th phase a good bit now but cant seem to get Lighting return to work.

I didnt bother with his lightning return, anytime he done it i just dodged in behind him then hit him with a smack or two, its a lot safer and consistent i found. I kept fecking myself over trying to deflect that lighning, always left me in a state of panic..
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

Vicxas wrote:
    So.....

I had the exact same problem as you,found running away when he did that the best solution or running under him when he did it.

Divine Dragon
    down, was wondering if there would be a gimmick fight in this game. Easiest fight in the game but also pretty cool.

Now I'm back to get upgrade and prepare what I expect will be the push to the end and I notice the
    Sculptor is missing and I'm now mysteriously able to do my own upgrades with one hand I note yet I still have to pay Sen

Speculation hat on
    The sculptor is Sekiro????? Awfully convenient he just happened to have a spare left hand at the start of the game now I think of it, and we have had examples of time travel in the game

Divine Dragon
    down, was wondering if there would be a gimmick fight in this game. Easiest fight in the game but also pretty cool.

Now I'm back to get upgrade and prepare what I expect will be the push to the end and I notice the
    Sculptor is missing and I'm now mysteriously able to do my own upgrades with one hand I note yet I still have to pay Sen

Speculation hat on
    The sculptor is Sekiro????? Awfully convenient he just happened to have a spare left hand at the start of the game now I think of it, and we have had examples of time travel in the game

Oh my word, i cant wait for you to find out what happened him :D

Oh my word, i cant wait for you to find out what happened him :D

Just did wow, so thats what
    I was being told during the eavesdrop with himself and Emma, I think they said something like one of us had to die

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Finally beat Corrupted Monk.
    Was bricking it he'd have another phase like Lady Butterfly.

Now that i can swim underwater there's a whole new world!

(I finally killed a Headless too the underwater one)

It's getting very Zelda alike now - The Grappling hook, 4 things to level up, New powers opening up new areas, the general feel, the weird vendors.
    I always held that The Souls games are really dark, difficult Zelda games but I think Sekiro is even closer to the Zelda philosophy.

Zelda BOTW was probably the most "Japanese" Zelda to date.

Anyone got any advice for the second
    Owl
    fight? Just can't get any kind of rhythm going with it. Location and taking him to corners it's hell with the camera. So far from what I can see staying at range is not the way to go here I need to be in his face but suffering there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Any recommendations for final tool? I've only 2 lapis lazuli and I'm not sure between lazulite shuriken or lazulite Sabimaru. Any suggestions from use?

Best final tool? Im still to face final boss...

sticker wrote: »
    Any recommendations for final tool? I've only 2 lapis lazuli and I'm not sure between lazulite shuriken or lazulite Sabimaru. Any suggestions from use?

Best final tool? Im still to face final boss...

Sabimaru is very situational, i would go for the Shuriken personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

I'd like to say I prefer the new level up system.

It's a real sense of elation when you find a prayer bead (for example I went diving in the Temple area and found my 4th bead) which you didn't get from killing random monsters in the Soulsborne games.

Also, when you defeat a boss you really feel you've earned it.
    I remember grinding 3 or 4 levels to kill bosses rather than actually learning his attack patterns.

• Advertisement

Finally!
    Beat Ishinn with a sliver of health left and a heart rate of about 2 million,

Then went down and got the Demon of hatred within 10 tries, we was definitely an old school souls boss

Started NG+ as i missed a lot of the possible endings.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

So.....

Jump as soon as the danger symbols fades away and spam r1. It's worth getting right as you get some good hits on him

• Quite annoyed I sided with the owl now as I'm still reading this thread and missed a good bit of the game including the toughest boss. I don't have the time at the moment to commit to a ng+ run.

Still a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I rage quit a few weeks back. Spent two weeks brooding over it so went back and started NG+ now. It was just
    Shura - fire isshin
    that drove me crazy. Must have spent 13 hours before finally beating him. Probably mad doing NG+ for
    Sword saint

So I beat
    the Ape and Owl handy enough after learning their patterns and off I go to Fountainhead palace to be confronted by another feckin boss, jesus! Had a good few tries at the monk and got her very near to third phase once and after reading online for advice found I could deathblow the first bar if I was quick enough, no such luck, then I find out it was patched out of the game yesterday! Aah, looks like I'll have to mortal blade my way out of this one! Also went back and tried the ape due and was going fine until junior turned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

So I beat
    the Ape and Owl handy enough after learning their patterns and off I go to Fountainhead palace to be confronted by another feckin boss, jesus! Had a good few tries at the monk and got her very near to third phase once and after reading online for advice found I could deathblow the first bar if I was quick enough, no such luck, then I find out it was patched out of the game yesterday! Aah, looks like I'll have to mortal blade my way out of this one! Also went back and tried the ape due and was going fine until junior turned up.
    I managed to deathblow the monk twice :eek:

So I beat

Really? they patched out the early before fight begins if yer quick death blow? Thats odd, did they patch out the death blow you can do when he first starts up the smoke phase also? I never actually done it myself, but i seen a speed runner doing it after finishing the game, guy rinsed that boss in like a minute :eek:

nix wrote: »
    Really? they patched out the early before fight begins if yer quick death blow? Thats odd, did they patch out the death blow you can do when he first starts up the smoke phase also? I never actually done it myself, but i seen a speed runner doing it after finishing the game, guy rinsed that boss in like a minute :eek:

Think the second one might still be available according to youtube comments. Should be doable eventually as I'm consistently getting through the first phase now. This game is relentless!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I just got
    Owl 2, Demon and Spirit Saint
    to go - But I'm weary of it now to be honest. Fatigued at this point...

I would definately rate Bloodbourne the far better game... I got my as handed to me relentlessly there but still had such passion to continue.

Not so much here. Think I'll drop it now. I've RE2 and Divison 2 ready to go - Will go there instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

I got caught-up in the notion of progressing the story, and sent our
    large childish friend to the dungeon
    ... and then immediately regretted it but alas, what's done is done.

Advertisement