Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,119 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Are the Dunnes slab deals still running today ?

Pretty sure they are, they normally finish up end of the day Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Tesco slap offer continues 23rd April to 6th May

Heiniken, Grolsch, Molson Canadian, Guinness and Budwieser.

All 24x500ml cans 24 for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Tesco slab offer continues 23rd April to 6th May

Bulmers 24x500ml €25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

May have been mentioned but Lidl have 750cl bottles of Hoegarden on sale currently for €2.99 each. Im a Guinness drinker but this is a gorgeous beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Went to 2 Lidl stores in Dublin today and not a sight of the 750cl bottles of Hoegarden.
    Hope I haven't missed it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭homenotaway

Yellow Dog wrote: »

Bulmers 24x500ml €25

Was just in Tesco Express in Athlone and even though the sign says €20 for the Budweiser and Guinness it's coming up at €25 at the checkout ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was just in Tesco Express in Athlone and even though the sign says €20 for the Budweiser and Guinness it's coming up at €25 at the checkout ☹️

you could totally clean up with the double the difference price promise, if its still going.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/weird-news/being-overcharged-tesco-can-big-8978934

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

as far as I know they must give it to you at the price its advertised at, regardless what it says at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭homenotaway

oceanman wrote: »
    as far as I know they must give it to you at the price its advertised at, regardless what it says at the checkout.

I didn't proceed with the purchase but I just might pop back in later 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

mvron wrote: »
    Went to 2 Lidl stores in Dublin today and not a sight of the 750cl bottles of Hoegarden.
    Hope I haven't missed it!

Don't go home empty handed.
    The Franziskaner Weissbier is lovely too.
    I'm just drinking one now :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Hey folks... does anyone know what price Dunnes are doing Peroni for at the mo? Have a voucher to use up and their website is useless for hooch prices :mad: (or indeed food). Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Hey folks... does anyone know what price Dunnes are doing Peroni for at the mo? Have a voucher to use up and their website is useless for hooch prices :mad: (or indeed food). Thanks.

They don’t have home delivery option so keeping a website up to date with pricing isn’t top of their list, no fecking help to us but sadly that’s the way it is

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Seen single cans of applemans in Dunnes for a euro. Drinkable at the price....

Seen single cans of applemans in Dunnes for a euro. Drinkable at the price....

did this look like a standard price? was it on the shelf or were they individually labelled.

In tescos often people will take cans from a multipack which can have a different barcode, so they split up the rest of the pack and sell them off cheaper individually priced. The "part of a multipack do not sell separately" has no legal bearing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 461 ✭✭TetraSonic55

rubadub wrote: »
    did this look like a standard price? was it on the shelf or were they individually labelled.

In tescos often people will take cans from a multipack which can have a different barcode, so they split up the rest of the pack and sell them off cheaper individually priced. The "part of a multipack do not sell separately" has no legal bearing.

Looked like standard price. In pretty sure multi can packs of Applemans don't have any barcodes. Came up as super saver on self service till

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

karlyk1 wrote: »

Tesco had 4 of the 660ml for 10 euro but not much use o if you have a dunnes voucher. Dunnes have an abysmal online presence for their food and drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ffm

Yellow Dog wrote: »

Bulmers 24x500ml €25

I checked Tesco on Friday & Heineken, Guinness & Bulmers were all €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

just back from Tesco, Guinness is 24 cans for €25 the signs are up showing that but there was one small sign under the single cans saying 24 for €20 i threw 2 slabs in the trolley and headed for the checkout, when they scanned at €25 each I told them about the other sign they said it was an old sign and to ignore it, I left the Guinness there and walked out also I looked for a sign for double the difference back but couldn't see one:(

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

casio4 wrote: »
    just back from Tesco, Guinness is 24 cans for €25 the signs are up showing that but there was one small sign under the single cans saying 24 for €20 i threw 2 slabs in the trolley and headed for the checkout, when they scanned at €25 each I told them about the other sign they said it was an old sign and to ignore it, I left the Guinness there and walked out also I looked for a sign for double the difference back but couldn't see one:(

You should have paid, brought your receipt to the customer service and asked for it. If youre still near go back to do it, you could say youd send on pic of blatant misprice ( old or not) to head office or consumer watchdog. Who are you to know if price is old or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

You should have paid, brought your receipt to the customer service and asked for it. If youre still near go back to do it, you could say youd send on pic of blatant misprice ( old or not) to head office or consumer watchdog. Who are you to know if price is old or not.

They were scanning at €25 not €20 otherwise I would have done what you said, that was my plan but they told me €25 was the price, I checked with customer service and they said €25 also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭ParkyJiSung

casio4 wrote: »
    They were scanning at €25 not €20 otherwise I would have done what you said, that was my plan but they told me €25 was the price, I checked with customer service and they said €25 also

To get the double the difference you actually have to pay the "wrong" price. If there was an old sign or sel (shelf edge label) with the €20 price i would have taken a pic for proof and contacted tesco customer support online- once got 4x4 cans of desperados for €10 plus a €10 gift card from tesco online for inconvenience of having to dispute price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,626 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I’m sure I heard double the difference is finished now but if you kick up they will honour the lower price and then go to social media and post a pic and Tesco will send a €10 apology gift card

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Tesco changed their price from Guinness slabs from €20 to €25 despite previously advertising in-store and on their website that the slabs were going to be €20 until early May. Poor form from them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

What a time to be alive when people are flouncing out of supermarkets over paying €25 for 24 cans of Guinness 😂

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Tesco changed their price from Guinness slabs from €20 to €25 despite previously advertising in-store and on their website that the slabs were going to be €20 until early May.
    they have done this before, this is why I try and buy ASAP.

I had screengrabs I sent a friend with the 20 price and date, as he came back asking what was going on. On thursday night no offers were listed at all online for heineken cans, then on friday it was 25

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

I got a slab of Bud in Tesco Tralee yesterday for 20e.

I got a slab of Bud in Tesco Tralee yesterday for 20e.
    yep, that is still showing online, its the guinness and heineken that increased while still inside the dates listed.

Centra on Coolock Lane (beside the tyre place at the turn off for the M1 / M50 just past the Omni centre and before Santry Stadium) are selling 18 cans of Guinness or Bulmers for €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Tesco

20 x 330 ml Heineken + 20 x Bulmers 300 ml €30

They also have Jameson Caskmates Stout or IPA 700ml €25

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

elperello wrote: »
    Tesco

20 x 330 ml Heineken + 20 x Bulmers 300 ml €30

They also have Jameson Caskmates Stout or IPA 700ml €25

That's very good for the Jameson, much pick up some.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement