Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What you see in Dublin

• 12-12-2018 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Must admit I don't go to Dublin often. However on a recent trip there last week I couldn't believe what I saw. Walking from Temple Bar back to Heuston station I came upon a group of 6 or 7 druggies. One of them was sat on his heels with his tracksuit bottoms round his thighs. His hand reached around and he was routing himself out for a baggie of drugs.... Totally honorific! I was only glad I didn't have my young family with me. This got me thinking - others in Dublin on a regular basis must see some awful sights. What have you seen that made you think WTF!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I was in Leitrim a few weeks ago and saw these teenagers all hanging out the windows of moving cars. They’d just won some cup or other in the GAAAAA. Disgraceful behaviour! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Ah it's the boards.ie weekly "Let's bash Dublin" thread.

Featuring such hits as

"place is full o' scummers!"
    "what a skip, seriously!"
    "can't f*ckin' go anywhere without a car there"
    "where's me Dublin Bus lads?"
    "worse than bleedin' Africa so it is!"

• 223vmax wrote: »
    Must admit I don't go to Dublin often. However on a recent trip there last week I couldn't believe what I saw. Walking from Temple Bar back to Heuston station I came upon a group of 6 or 7 druggies. One of them was sat on his heels with his tracksuit bottoms round his thighs. His hand reached around and he was routing himself out for a baggie of drugs.... Totally honorific! I was only glad I didn't have my young family with me. This got me thinking - others in Dublin on a regular basis must see some awful sights. What have you seen that made you think WTF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,060 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

What I saw today in Dublin was lots of lovely kids all dressed in the uniform , all neat and tidy going to school. I saw mums and dads and nanas and grandads holding their hands and making sure they hats on . I saw a gentleman hold the gate for the kids and keep them safe . And I saw the lollipop lady all dressed in a santa hat with a huge smile for all the kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Anderson Hollow Dipstick

Jesus Dubs are touchy auld craythurs.

• Advertisement

• Cina wrote: »

Featuring such hits as

Dublin is full of scummers, an inconvenient truth but there you have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Really depends where you are in Dublin, ain't all that bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

So is every other capital city on the planet.

When you have vast amounts of people in an enclosed place, that's sort of what happens.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The best thing about Dublin is that it's not Cork

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Oh Jesus, the culchies are up for de Christmas shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭ Anderson Hollow Dipstick

Cina wrote: »

When you have vast amounts of people in an enclosed place, that's sort of what happens.

So why get so het up about people mentioning the fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭223vmax

Since Dublin does have a large number of druggies, thieves and fiends, I was curious as to what others had witnessed that's all. I'm sure there are nice people there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    What I saw today in Dublin was lots of lovely kids all dressed in the uniform , all neat and tidy going to school. I saw mums and dads and nanas and grandads holding their hands and making sure they hats on . I saw a gentleman hold the gate for the kids and keep them safe . And I saw the lollipop lady all dressed in a santa hat with a huge smile for all the kids

I think the OP meant what did you see recently and not in 1976.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭granturismo

223vmax wrote: »
    Must admit I don't go to Dublin often. .... Walking from Temple Bar back to Heuston station I came upon a group of 6 or 7 druggies. ...!

Next time you're in Dublin take the bus back to Heuston and you speed along in style giving you less time to be exposed to such vulgarities. Take the LUAS and the same performance could be right in front of you for a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

No recession in your house.

If it was full of them there would no room for the rest of us . The huge majority of Dublin people are ordinary honest to god people who just want to live life as best we can and be kind to those around us
    Its very sad when some people overlook that to have a bash at us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Raheem Euro

This is like when the Simpsons went to New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

A seagull viciously attack a German tourist.

No recession in your house.

No thankfully not right now , been through two already !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

223vmax wrote: »
    Since Dublin does have a large number of druggies, thieves and fiends, I was curious as to what others had witnessed that's all. I'm sure there are nice people there as well.

I think we’re just used to it, like New Yorkers used to be in the 70s. I walk past druggies a fair amount, lost in my own thoughts, thinking of Tintern abbey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Featuring such hits as

More of a weekly "I'm gonna make some **** up and pretend it really happened" thread.

I was in Athlone the other week and I saw an aliens having a pint with Elvis, John Lennon and Michael Jaclson. And I thought WTF!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I think we’re just used to it, like New Yorkers used to be in the 70s. I walk past druggies a fair amount, lost in my own thoughts.

I'm just mad at them cos they won't share.

I think the OP meant what did you see recently and not in 1976.

Sorry ? That is exactly what I saw this morning 12/12/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sorry ? That is exactly what I saw this morning 12/12/2018

Some of those drugs do **** around with your time perception, to be fair.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I was asked what I saw and thats what I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Well then stop boofing them where the op can see you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Feckin culchies coming inside the M50 and being judgemental. Shower of b******

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

OP you're wasting your time. Typical boards responses will castigate you for mentioning Dublin in a bad light and then the thread descends into culchies v jackeens.

Also you can't mention anything/anyone in a bad light and your posts have to be watertight for fear of people taking a completely different meaning from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,171 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The best thing about Dublin is that it's not Cork

:D

Correctamundo. 'Cos if it was, then Cork would also be Dublin. In furtherance, I'm glad I don't like broccoli because if I did I'd eat loads of it, and I can't stand the fucken thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭John DoeReMi

Yes but other capital cities have competent law enforcement which means that scummers don't have the run of the place. Not that long ago the Irish Times ran a major piece in it's weekend edition about how the Liffey Boardwalk is now overrun with toerags preying on tourists. Including the piece of sh*t who kidnapped and raped the poor innocent Spanish tourist there last year.

Advertisement