Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of animal waste

• 11-12-2018 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

What is the best way to dispose of your pet's waste if your bin provider doesn't take it? Disposing in public bins is illegal afaik, and I'm not aware of any other facilities in or around the city. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭De Bhál

down the toilet?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

Across the hedge in to your neighbours garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

I thought you could put the doggiepoo bag in the public bin when you're out for a walk. I always do. At home I put it behind the bushes(without a bag). It just biodegrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

You can put it in the public bins, but you can't take it from your home to put it in public bins. Especially not when you have a black bag full of it.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Or just do what our local scumbags do and hang it from park gates, bushes and even the sides of the childrens swings in our local park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

When you say pet, you're talking dog or smaller, not horse?

Can't see why dog poo can't be taken in biodegradable bag in the food waste bin, or the refill bin?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hoboo wrote: »

Can't see why dog poo can't be taken in biodegradable bag in the food waste bin, or the refill bin?

It absolutely CANNOT be put in a domestic compost bin. Some people compost it at home but it is not acceptable waste for collected bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

It can go in the Black Bin with my bin provider, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the same for others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Are we talking a very large quantity?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

spurious wrote: »
    Are we talking a very large quantity?

I've been living with a friend recently and just put my animal's waste into a Tesco bag out the back, thinking we could put it in with the waste collection. Long story short, the bin provider he uses states they do not accommodate for animal waste, at all.

So now I have a shopping bag with crap in it. It's too big to put into a public bin and I'm worried about chancing it with the provider that has stated they do not take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,832 ✭✭✭daheff

hankless wrote: »
    Especially not when you have a black bag full of it.

How many animals have you got?? How long is it accumulating that you have a black bag full of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭opentarget

I pop open the manhole cover out the back and throw it down with a bucket of rain water...im fairly sure that's OK to do...I haven't had an issue so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

Go out the back and look for black lids on the path,then look to see which one your toilet is emptying into by lifting lids/drain covers by getting someone to flush toilet inside. When you have found the sewer drain begin putting dog waste in it while having a hose or bucket of water to add and flush toilet inside to wash away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

opentarget wrote: »
    I pop open the manhole cover out the back and throw it down with a bucket of rain water...im fairly sure that's OK to do...I haven't had an issue so far.

Same as, my oul lad always did this and iv been doing it for years without any issue

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Garibaldi?

I think putting it behind the bushes is ok if you have that sort of garden For a highly manicured garden, no. Is there any particular reason that it should not be scooped up on a dustpan and flushed down the loo?

Advertisement