Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline!!! Better than pidgeons?

• 06-12-2018 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I just want to say nightline are a joke of a courier. I'm having to use then through a company and tracking the shipments is like trying to find a golden egg. This is the latest of numerous packages I've been sent.

The tracking system on their site doesn't work. Sends you to a blank page with pending on it?

Costumer service don't answer the phones.

I'm not even annoyed. I just wonder how the hell they are still operating???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭bop1977

Their cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Virgin Media use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Cheap isnt the word. They must give freebies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If you think Nightline is bad, this sums up a courier in the UK we work with on a daily basis, even today. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3706721/Thousands-customers-besiege-delivery-firm-Yodel-complaints-poor-service-drivers-warn-not-join-firm.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

nightline, fastway, dpd, gls......there all the same...under staffed and under pressure...the courier game is cut throat, its a god-awful business to be involved in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nightline are now owned by UPS, so I'm sure they'll only get better... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

cursai wrote: »
    Better than pidgeons?
    Did you mean pidgin?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sh1t couriers are permitted becase we're terrible customers. If you order from [X] and they send it via Nightwats or FastFail then give them an earful down the phone. Once they get enough complaints they'll change.

DPD are usually fine btw, as are UPS(not like in the US) or An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bop1977 wrote: »
    Their cheap

Their cheap what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ Augustus Fresh Teetotaler

ED E wrote: »
    Sh1t couriers are permitted becase we're terrible customers. If you order from [X] and they send it via Nightwats or FastFail then give them an earful down the phone. Once they get enough complaints they'll change.

DPD are usually fine btw, as are UPS(not like in the US) or An Post.
    We stopped using a retailer because of failed deliveries by Nightline and told them so. The worst of the couriers. DPD, UPS, DHL, An Post, etc. can find us but Nightline seem incapable of doing so, while spouting lies about nobody being home, or no answer when they phoned for directions. Since Eircode came in every courier, bar Nightline, just arrives as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Must admit we have been getting deliveries on time from Nightline for many, many years, and we live in the absolutely arse end of nowhere with a pot-holed lane to boot. The lads are always nice and friendly. I feel sorry for them as their work loads seem to have increased. It's a stressful job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

fryup wrote: »
    nightline, fastway, dpd, gls......there all the same...under staffed and under pressure...the courier game is cut throat, its a god-awful business to be involved in

Don't push me 'cause I'm close to the edge
    I'm trying not to lose my head
    It's like a jungle sometimes
    It makes me wonder how I keep from goin' under

• Registered Users Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

was at my mums earlier this week in the depths of west Yorkshire, ordered something at 9pm delivered by yodel the following day at 11am ,
    yodel website showed delivery driver on google maps and told you how many deliveries he had before you all in real time, amazing.

obviously the warehouses are in the uk but that was service

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bop1977 wrote: »
    Their cheap
    Their cheap what?

You know ...their cheap delivery there.....
    fryup wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

My wife ordered online from Next at 7:15pm last night. Nightline delivered the package at 9:15am this morning. We live in North Donegal.

No complaints here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I found your package

Also it's impossible to create an account on their website. What the hell is a customer code?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I ordered something online last year in early december and paid for two day shipping. Didn't get it till january because nightline have a policy of not delivering to a business address for most of december and early january in case the business is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Titanucd

Fastway don't even let you ring them. They've done the usual (i.e. didn't bother their bo***x to deliver my parcel) and now I have to contact them online. Don't suppose anyone has a contact number?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

My wife ordered online from Next at 7:15pm last night. Nightline delivered the package at 9:15am this morning. We live in North Donegal.

No complaints here.

Next have rapid delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭facehugger99

DPD are ****e too.

They have a Talkbot called Dave on their website as their 'Help' option.

DAve: "Hello, I'm Dave the DPD talkbot I'm here to help you with your query. Do you have a tracking number"

Yes/No

Me: "Yes"

Dave: "Great, please enter your tracking number"

Me: "654666464d"

Dave: "Great, Do you have a customer number."

Yes/No

Me: "No"

Dave: "Sorry, you need to enter a customer number"

Me: "Go fcuk yourself Dave you useless prick."

DPD are ****e too.

DAve: "Hello, I'm Dave the DPD talkbot I'm here to help you with your query. Do you have a tracking number"

Yes/No

Yes/No

same on nightline website. cant register without a customer number?????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Last week was an absolute fcuking disaster for courier companies

Nearly lost a customer over them

• Registered Users Posts: 27,317 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There is no-one nearly as bad as DPD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Try Parcel Connect which is a branch of Fastway. I stupidly used them to send something I'd sold on eBay. The morons lost my parcel. There was tracking for the first couple of stops and then the trail went cold once it reached its depot in Dublin. It took over 2 months of badgering their incompetent customer "service" to finally get a refund. By that stage, I'd long since refunded the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

I just want to say nightline are a joke of a courier. I'm having to use then through a company and tracking the shipments is like trying to find a golden egg. This is the latest of numerous packages I've been sent.

The tracking system on their site doesn't work. Sends you to a blank page with pending on it?

What were you ordering?

Personally I find it's always better to visit the vendor.

If I'm buying a decent wine I always visit the purveyor. Not the vineyard but any half decent wine merchant will know his stock and discuss the history, vintage and expected tasting notes. Ordering online is a fools errand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

DPD are ****e too.

Yes/No

Yes/No

You aren't their customer that's why you have the problem. Your supplier is the business you bought from and that is the only company you should be contacting. The courier is highered by the company sending you the item and its up to them to chase deliveries.

What were you ordering?

Personally I find it's always better to visit the vendor.

If I'm buying a decent wine I always visit the purveyor. Not the vineyard but any half decent wine merchant will know his stock and discuss the history, vintage and expected tasting notes. Ordering online is a fools errand.

I thought you were finished with this troll account Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What do you expect? With Halloween just over and panto season almost upon us, nevermind the demand for big red suits. It's a very busy time of year for our friends in the costumer service!

• Advertisement

What do you expect? With Halloween just over and panto season almost upon us, nevermind the demand for big red suits. It's a very busy time of year for our friends in the costumer service!

I had an order in August that had the same problem. Agent couldn't even get through to driver and tracking details are incorrect.

Advertisement