Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Usyk v Bellew SSBO 10pm

• 10-11-2018 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭

Jaysus Crolla is some punchbag and Sky trying to make out hes some ring general is gas.

Fair play to Bellew for going after Usyk, he didnt have to. Dont even give him a punchers chance, Usyk has seen off vastly superior company.

Its win win for Eddie Hearn, perfect fight for Bellew to cash out on, big pay day and sows the seeds for Hearn to sell a big bad boogie man from eastern europe as AJs potential cryptonite.

Its a shame though, in another era Usyk would be a serious HW contender but I dont think he fares well in the land of the giants.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

Fair write up totally agree

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

God I hope Usyk wins tonight. I don't want to have to listen to Bellew going on about himself for the next fifty years on Sky. He beat a broken David Haye and the way he goes on you would think he had beaten Rocky himself. All this "He doesn't know what he's getting in with, he's never faced a fighter like me" .. ridiculous given his record.

don't get me wrong, I hugely admire Bellew. But the amount of boll*x he talks makes him unbearable. And he's going to be a fixture at Sky for the foreseeable future. We already have Carl Froch, we don't need another Carl Froch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

God I hope Usyk wins tonight. I don't want to have to listen to Bellew going on about himself for the next fifty years on Sky. He beat a broken David Haye and the way he goes on you would think he had beaten Rocky himself. All this "He doesn't know what he's getting in with, he's never faced a fighter like me" .. ridiculous given his record.

don't get me wrong, I hugely admire Bellew. But the amount of boll*x he talks makes him unbearable. And he's going to be a fixture at Sky for the foreseeable future. We already have Carl Froch, we don't need another Carl Froch.

He does talk some amount of garbage but fair balls for taking this fight. There was probably more money in handier fights.

This one is for legacy aswell and hes giving it a crack. You can rest safe he wont be beating Usyk. Gasiev, Breidis and possibly even Huck beat Bellew.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    This one is for legacy aswell and hes giving it a crack. You can rest safe he wont be beating Usyk. Gasiev, Breidis and possibly even Huck beat Bellew.

Yeah but you don't know what he's facing in Bellew. He's never faced anybody like him before. There's no quit in him... etc etc :P

Here's the twenty minutes of intro. Going to have a shower while it's on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I really can't get my head around the fact that Tony Bellew has become a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

darced wrote: »
    I really can't get my head around the fact that Tony Bellew has become a big deal.

Eddie Hearn's finest work.

Ok, we have moved to this thread? Right. as said previosuly Usyk outclasses him and grinds him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭someyoke

Bellew standing stationary in front of ambulance there briefly, hope it's not an omen!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

I think Usyk has bellew beaten on his feet by round 8

• Advertisement

DAZN commentary saying how "Bellew really deserves this". I don't think that's fair. Why didn't he enter the World Boxing Super Series the same as everybody else. I know that Usyk called him out, but that was just for the profile and the money.

Commanchie wrote: »
    I think Usyk has bellew beaten on his feet by round 8

Just putting it here because that's whre my money is
    Yeah I’ve just stuck €100 separately on Usyk TKO at 15/8 and Usyk 7-12 at 23/10

Good chance both come through

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108581100&postcount=47

Just putting it here because that's whre my money is

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108581100&postcount=47

Good luck chum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Where are ye getting these whooper odds on Usyk? Jesus tonight, I was lucky to get a 6/5 earlier.

FTA69 wrote: »
    Where are ye getting these whooper odds on Usyk? Jesus tonight, I was lucky to get a 6/5 earlier.

On what?look at 365.

FTA69 wrote: »

Gotta get in a few days before. BTW I have TKO only, KO or DQ don't count.

Bellew 1-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Home in time

Bellew 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

1-1

• Advertisement

Bellew looks very flat footed compared to the movement of Usky, but Usyk is not catching him with much really.

No bellew leading 2 0

2-1 bellew.

Bellew doing better than I thought (obviously)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Bellew doing better than I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Bellew ahead for me so far and looking very good. What round are people giving Usyk?

DAZN commentary is very poor. Like two lads at a cricket match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

bellew turns his back almost when on backfoot, Ref needs to call him on it

2-2 for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Berserker wrote: »
    Bellew ahead for me so far and looking very good. What round are people giving Usyk?

Won this one anyway

Bellew needs to protect himself more

Too open

Advertisement