Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Podge & Rodge are back..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

branie2 wrote: »
    Oh, really!, as Podge in the Den days would say
    Remember when Podge first came along (without Rodge), he didn't have any hair, and was a fairly creepy character? And then, after a while, it all went downhill...
    They hardly launched Ray D'Arcy? Though I'd have tuned in if they launched him to Mars (one way).
    I'm sure he meant yer wan Garrihy. Ray was around before Podge and Rodge. Even before The Den, there was Jo Maxi! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Welcome back Podge & Rodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I said it once, I’ll say it a thousand times

D I S C U S S I O N

Just because I don’t care for them doesn’t mean I can’t make a thread asking what people think. :)

Calm down man, you’ll give yourself a heart attack.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    You hate it so much and started a thread about them, are you sure you hate it?

So you only talk about stuff you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AdrianLM

Completely agree. It is most likely being used to promote Doireann Garrihy. Before you know it she will be fronting everything.

Yea, I wonder who she's related.

Scare at bed time, brilliant. Characters like Enda Meshaft :D and remember the one about the "brown Haleys commet" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

AdrianLM wrote: »
    Yea, I wonder who she's related.

Scare at bed time, brilliant. Characters like Enda Meshaft :D and remember the one about the "brown Haleys commet" :)

Actress Aoibhin, 31, PR guru Ailbhe, 29 are her older sisters according to the Sun.

Aoibhin Garrihy who was in Fair City, has been floundering around RTE and TV3 recently. She lists RTE as her general employer on LinkedIn.

Ailbhe Garrihy, while stated as PR guru, appears to be general manager of Dublin Bay Cruises.

The implication of the above uncertain bios would indicate there is nothing overly special by way of talent and therefore it would not surprise me if connections were used to secure roles with RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Not sure if i fancy the host or not .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Are you a fan of the Chucky horror movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ah yes, glad to see it.

At least your man Dee up there is doing something right.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i love podge and rodge however i hate "celebrities" therfore i'm out and judging by this thread everyone else is too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 TightyWhiteys

Actress Aoibhin, 31, PR guru Ailbhe, 29 are her older sisters according to the Sun.

Aoibhin Garrihy who was in Fair City, has been floundering around RTE and TV3 recently. She lists RTE as her general employer on LinkedIn.

Ailbhe Garrihy, while stated as PR guru, appears to be general manager of Dublin Bay Cruises.

The implication of the above uncertain bios would indicate there is nothing overly special by way of talent and therefore it would not surprise me if connections were used to secure roles with RTE.

Ian Dempsey is her godfather

• Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Reati wrote: »

Maybe it's for the best, like we really want another vehicle for Montrose connected people of dubious talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Good. One less programme polluting the telly with Z-listers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭TheDavester

could her sister or Ian or anyone, just sit her down and tell her she's not talented....RTE you don't have to take on everyones relative, friend, or child of the guy who does maintenance in one of the presenters garden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Doireann Gahiry looks like a Pug.

There, I said it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,741 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

There, I said it.

The presenter could look like a pug's arse for all I care so long as they have the talent to do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

There, I said it.

You still would

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They're an embarrassment, up there with zig/zag, dustin and bosco. We are certainly adept at producing cringe-worthy stupid puppet shows in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

She reminds me of the one on the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭redbuck

They're an embarrassment, up there with zig/zag, dustin and bosco. We are certainly adept at producing cringe-worthy stupid puppet shows in this country.

Zig and Zag are actually by the same guys who do Podge and Rodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Zig and Zag, Dustin and Podge & Rodge were all excellent characters (Bosco was always a bit of a tosspot). Podge and Rodge talk shows didn't work, sure. I'm not sure where this hate is coming from.

A Scare at Bedtime is one of the most emblematic and quality shows of Irish humour ever created.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

Edgware wrote: »
    You still would

There's an element of Scarlett Moffatt in there, and therefore Marty Morrissey.

So, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

What a depressing thread . Poor girl . Lucky all you guys look like George Clooney I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Regardless of the quality of the programme (I've never seen it myself), you have to feel bad for "no talent" "pug"-faced Doireann Garrihy who's getting slaughtered for absolutely no reason in this thread. As if Ian Dempsey being her godfather means he actually is The Godfather and he can sort any job out for her in the media in Ireland. He hasn't even worked in RTE for about twenty five years. Get a ****ing grip on yourself, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Podge and Rodge was axed years ago when it was growing in popularity and in height of its popularity,that is well documented. 15 years later? There was zero possibility of a comeback from that!

The Saturday show hosted by Brendan o Caroll, it became more popular than the late late show! And that was the end of that. He was fired because he was doing his job too good! And replaced by Ray Darcy! Someone to lower the ratings!

Crazy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭TheDavester

All her siblings claim to be "influencers" from a well off family ,one sister works for rte., been on Fair City, and a series of Dancing with the "stars" (and other things) and the other sister is a publicist so probably has links to RTE, and as if Dempsey doesn't have some mates he can call to give dear old godchild Doireann a job/opportunity.

ye'll be saying next Lottie Ryan got on the radio for her talent and ability and not who her dad was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

All her siblings claim to be "influencers" from a well off family ,one sister works for rte., been on Fair City, and a series of Dancing with the "stars" (and other things) and the other sister is a publicist so probably has links to RTE, and as if Dempsey doesn't have some mates he can call to give dear old godchild Doireann a job/opportunity.

ye'll be saying next Lottie Ryan got on the radio for her talent and ability and not who her dad was...
    I actually heard that on the day of his daughter's wedding, you can ask Ian Dempsepy for any favour and he cannot refuse. :D:D:D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Can't find any of the episodes on player.

6 episodes of this Doireann Project ****e. Looks as vapid and self congratulatory a show as is possible to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Advertisement