Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refugees who escaped truck in laois not being searched for.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Try_harder wrote: »
    Where did I say cook them a meal???

Where did I say they'd cook them a meal, your posts are just trying to troll people into a ban, your name says it all. Pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Effects wrote: »
    They'll probably end up doing the jobs that you are too lazy to do.

Some nasty people on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Yamanoto wrote: »
    War in Calais or Cherbourg?

Do you want them to just transport from their war torn country straight to Ballaghaderreen, like they would in Start Trek?

Who in their right mind would want to settle in Calais or Cherbourg?

SSr0 wrote: »
    Some nasty people on this site.

It's full of them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

They'll probably end up doing the jobs that you are too lazy to do.

the high pressure ones?

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Hahaha. What a response. So if I'm overqualified to do a low paid job it means I'm lazy? Gotcha. Maybe communism is the answer..

I'm way overqualified for my current job, still travel 210 kms each day and do it!

Hahaha. What a response. So if I'm overqualified to do a low paid job it means I'm lazy? Gotcha. Maybe communism is the answer..

2f8wq8.jpg

It's full of them!

You seem to wear that badge with honour. Safe to say the internet is the only place that you're able to get your petty digs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Illegal people in this country run from a truck when discovered and people think this is OK? Ireland truly is ****ed isn't it.

It's reassuring that the Irish Independent strives to maintain a calm,balanced perspective....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-searching-for-refugees-who-hid-themselves-and-fled-from-trailer-in-midlands-37180924.html

Fully aware of the potential for mass panic on the streets of the Midlands,the authorities very clearly had the ear of the Editor....
    Investigating gardai, who are concerned about the welfare of the people involved, began searching the area once the matter was reported to them.

Good,as they can then remain blissfully unconcerned about the welfare of the saps who pay their wages,
    It is not clear what the nationality of the individuals is.

I suppose in a multicultural,all inclusive,mutually respectful society the boring oul Passport and Visa routine is just too much for an average garda to be wasting their time on ?

The best bit is saved for the end....must finish up on-message....
    People trying to flee strife in their countries of origin have been known to hide in trucks and cargo at major European ports in the hope of being transported overseas and to safer environs.

Gosh !!....that's the first we've heard of that carry on......Hiding in Trucks ?.....surely not....?
    Many have died in the process and it is believed the people who fled the truck are refugees who gained access to the trailer without the knowledge of the driver.

Refugees,thats bound to be the answer...probably Calaisians fleeing the invasion forces laying seige to their corner of la belle Francais :confused:

Not a chance in hell (or Calais),that these heads might be crims or gougers who needed to haul ass from France to the more relaxed and beneficial four green fields of Erin ....

These lads are here for life now....;)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Advertisement

You seem to wear that badge with honour. Safe to say the internet is the only place that you're able to get your petty digs in.

He agreed with you/??

It's just mad how little people care. These people who were in the back of the truck are most likely from a 3rd world country or Syria. But I suppose their addition to our nation will enrich us beyond belief...

So you want people who are fleeing from a war torn country to enrich our nation?
    Empathy

He agreed with you/??

Wooooosh.

AlekSmart wrote: »
    It's reassuring that the Irish Independent strives to maintain a calm,balanced perspective....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/gardai-searching-for-refugees-who-hid-themselves-and-fled-from-trailer-in-midlands-37180924.html

Fully aware of the potential for mass panic on the streets of the Midlands,the authorities very clearly had the ear of the Editor....

Good,as they can then remain blissfully unconcerned about the welfare of the saps who pay their wages,

I suppose in a multicultural,all inclusive,mutually respectful society the boring oul Passport and Visa routine is just too much for an average garda to be wasting their time on ?

The best bit is saved for the end....must finish up on-message....

Gosh !!....that's the first we've heard of that carry on......Hiding in Trucks ?.....surely not....?

Refugees,thats bound to be the answer...probably Calaisians fleeing the invasion forces laying seige to their corner of la belle Francais :confused:

Not a chance in hell (or Calais),that these heads might be crims or gougers who needed to haul ass from France to the more relaxed and beneficial four green fields of Erin ....

These lads are here for life now....;)

Maybe they'll work and be productive members of society?

Woah there buddy, I thought you were talking about the guy who wants to kick out people fleeing war torn countries!!!!!

Woah there buddy, I thought you were talking about the guy who wants to kick out people fleeing war torn countries!!!!!

Why would you think that!

It's really sad the amount of petty digs of some posters on this thread.

Methinks they want the thread closed down. And that's why they are posting this way.
    Sad really

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Maybe...maybe not.

We'll be the last to be told if they don't...you can rest assured of that.

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Maybe...maybe not.

We'll be the last to be told if they don't...you can rest assured of that.

No, it will be on the cover of every tabloid if they step out of line!

deco nate wrote: »
    It's really sad the amount of petty digs of some posters on this thread.

Methinks they want the thread closed down. And that's they are posting this way.
    Sad really

It's some kind of left wing conspiracy alright.

• Advertisement

fecking pinkos!

How? They are not legal.

So they can't, try harder.

How? They are not legal.

So they can't, try harder.

they can apply for refugee status

Or being dicks belittling the laws of the land. Sure let's get rid of the need for passports and working visas while your at it.

If only Tommy Robinson were here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Lads stop messing about. There are people out there who take their fearmongering very seriously. A lot of them are on the edge as it is, they don't need you taking the piss out of them yet again.

Sure we still have to wait for the yanks pretending to be Irish to log on and tell us how Ireland has gone to sh*t in the middle of the night.

dav3 wrote: »
    Lads stop messing about. There are people out there who take their fearmongering very seriously. A lot of them are on the edge as it is, they don't need you taking the piss out of them yet again.

Sure we still have to wait for the yanks pretending to be Irish to log on and tell us how Ireland has gone to sh*t in the middle of the night.

The EU is doomed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

first wave of "escaped refugees" I wonder ?

they can apply for refugee status

And you know full well that they can't work until they have been approved. Try harder

• Advertisement

And you know full well that they can't work until they have been approved. Try harder

and if they are, they can, unless its intense assembly box work

Advertisement