Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do you look down on people with tattoos?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

2018 style wrote: »
    Most people I know with tattoos are, deep down, insecure people in need of some type of validation.
    And I know plenty of them.

Most people who accuse others of being insecure and in need of some type of validation are, in actual fact, insecure and in need of some type of validation themselves.

(apart from me, right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

I do but dunno why ..a friend of mine had his kids portrait tattood on his back...20 years the kids are pissing themselves laughing at the state of it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Bravo

Just tidied it up a bit there.

Im sorry such glaring errors :o

It’ll take a little more work when it comes tidying up those tattoos though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Resverathrole

To each their own. Don't see why it's anybody else's business if someone has a tattoo and the idea that it siggests something about a person is ridiculous.

I'm yet to get one myself but it's something I want to get done at some point.
    I bet this fella is reconsidering his decision to get a tattoo! After all, isn't that why he revealed to me that he is going to get one... because he's still slightly unsure, and therefore wanted to see what I'd say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Pity more than anything else for falling for the fad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Nermal

bubblypop wrote: »
    OP, what's the stereotype for getting tattoos?

Previously, low impulse control.

Now, slave to trends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭NinetyTwoTeam

So are cigarettes and the HD TVs that all those dole drawers have.

Where there's a will there's a way.

Just like how in the water charges thread you said all the protestors are dole drawers and therefore must be uneducated. And in another thread you said that because someone was working class that you assumed they flush nappies down the toilet.

You're too dumb to even see that all your stereotyping is in fact making you yourself a stereotype. Of an out of touch middle class snob with notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,661 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Don't have any myself and not a fan.

Each to their own, but I don't see the appeal of drawing on yourself in permanent ink like so many others to show how individual you are.

I wouldn't look down on someone but it would put me off them a bit.

Star Bingo wrote: »
    Im sorry such glaring errors :o
    Well you can afford to make a few errors if you've interesting points to make! Just in the same way that you can afford to keep your job when you've tattoos if you're really good at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭sexmag

Op how many ceo of banks have tattoos? Probably none and they destroyed the country

I rest my casezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I wouldn't look down on someone but it would put me off them a bit.
    If only I could say it like you do maybe the other posters would like me.

sexmag wrote: »
    Op how many ceo of banks have tattoos? Probably none and they destroyed the country

I rest my casezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Case not rested. You can only argue that they're evil. But it doesn't mean that such CEOs are stupid sheep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Slow news day...

Sounds like the op's partner pissed off with a person with a Tattoo or four, no wonder you're housemates hate you.... you sound like a miserable ould w*nker.
    Stalker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

A friend of mine is a Catholic priest. He has two. Neither of them are anything to do with religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Hey OP,

I work in purchasing, my brother is a member of the Gardai, one of my sister's is a nurse and the other is in the forensic science field ( we're not allowed actually know what she does).

Two of us have a good few tattoos between us, the others don't.

What social circle do we come from?

PS. The 1950s called, they want there view on people with tattoos back ;D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Tattoos used to be for a certain minority of people but now I think they are naff

they are skanky, for women and men.

not associated with intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Two of us have a good few tattoos between us, the others don't.

What social circle do we come from?

The Northside of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

A lot of people won't like what I'm about to say. I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get a tattoo. I even find myself seeing guys with tattoos who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting a tattoo! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have tattoos!!

When I see senior managers with tattoos I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting ink marking on your wrist. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see tattoos, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class, that they're a trend follower, that they probably smoke, or that they're seeking validation of some sort. Effectively, tattoos all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what the tattoos are, and more so "oh he's got a tattoo"

You are the classic snob, you think you are better than others and always judge a book by its cover. You are shallow and most likely selfish. Your parents probably worked hard to provide for you and you were most likely spoilt growing up and it appears you still are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Well you can afford to make a few errors if you've interesting points to make!

Yeah blame the tattoo artist :pac:

...look tattoos have always tended to suit people living certain walks of life. To a degree but it’s regular people now who are overdoing it - keep it under wraps is all I’m saying when it’s winding down your limbs and encroaching on ur face then it’s spiiralling out of control

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I used work with an Israeli Jew , he had his grandmothers ID number tattooed on her inside forearm.
    The old lady survived the Holocaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

I don't have any tattoos and it doesn't bother me if someone else has them... Some look good, some horrendous...
    Tattoos can always be removed though, unlike your snobbish attitude. You sound like a spoilt child tbh, you need to step back and look at your own issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

So the result of this thread is

As much as the OP would like it to, tattoos will never and can never tell you what type of person someone is. Or occupation they have.

Sorry OP!

Actually tells a lot about the OP themselves considering they’ve never seemed to come across someone with a ‘higher occupation’ or social class with tattoos. They’re everywhere! :V

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Ill be honest and say yes i dislike them. I dont see the point in them but i wouldnt care wbo has them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

A lot of people won't like what I'm about to say. I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get mirror furniture. I even find myself seeing guys with mirror furniture who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting mirror furniture! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have mirror furniture!!

When I see senior managers with mirror furniture I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting faux-pas in interior design. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see mirror furniture, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class, that they're a trend follower, that they probably smoke, or that they're seeking validation of some sort. Effectively, mirror furniture all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what mirror furniture are, and more so "oh he's got mirror furniture"

I look down on people who have little to no taste in styling their homes, post them all over facebook and ask if the pink or the silver glitter paint on their mantle piece is actually nicer.

Next thread, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Stalker

You're not THAT interesting cupcake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Nothing sexier than a dirty tramp stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭corner of hells

LirW wrote: »
    A lot of people won't like what I'm about to say. I'm in Dublin at the moment and it's almost as if, that if you want to be cool and modern then you need to get mirror furniture. I even find myself seeing guys with mirror furniture who don't seem to fit the stereotype for getting mirror furniture! I even over heard a conversation recently where by a group of lads were confused why Ronaldo doesn't have mirror furniture!!

When I see senior managers with mirror furniture I often think to myself "fair play to you for getting so far, it's a pity you had to let yourself down with that disgusting faux-pas in interior design. That's how I know this is far as you'll get". They won't get to be CEO! Especially if they also say "I done"

When I see mirror furniture, all I think is that such a person is likely from a certain social class, that they're a trend follower, that they probably smoke, or that they're seeking validation of some sort. Effectively, mirror furniture all look the same, and all look horrible. I don't think much people pay attention to what mirror furniture are, and more so "oh he's got mirror furniture"

I look down on people who have little to no taste in styling their homes, post them all over facebook and ask if the pink or the silver glitter paint on their mantle piece is actually nicer.

Next thread, please.

Can I have .... a big Mac , fries and a medium coke ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Not really but most of the local criminals and trouble makers would have tattoos.
    Tattoos kind of confuse me a little to be honest. I see people with religious tattoos for example and they don't seem to have religion in their lives for example.

I’m not religious, but I find a lot of religious imagery incredibly beautiful, so I would personally consider getting a religious themed tattoo.

If someone chooses to look down on me because of my tattoos, that’s their issue and it says more about them tbh.

Other people’s opinions of me are none of my business :D

Advertisement