Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,166 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I completed it and I remember it had a godawful final mission. It became a bit of a slog too by the 2/3 point.

The story was just so meh and I think the departure from Ezio was always going to require a charismatic lead and unfortunately Connor was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,140 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There were a lot of good ideas in AC3, and most of the actual gameplay mechanics were tight and enjoyable. But it was a slog to playthrough, progressed really slowly in terms of giving you abilities and weapons already familiar from previous games (done for narrative reasons, but they still could have sped it up a bit). Storywise it was okay, but Connor's story and character felt like a huge comedown after the Ezio trilogy, and while the present day story was supposed to come to its conclusion, they f*cked it up in order to keep it going for future games.

If they're remastering it as part of the season pass and given the supposed quality of the DLC for Origins, it's not a bad deal, and worth sinking a few hours into. Certainly wouldn't buy it separate from that like how they released the remastered Ezio trilogy though.

• Gold is 99.99 in the platform stores 84.99 in Smyths and a 5er off in store.

Have they done any work on AC3? Far Cry 3 they did nothing to and it looked like it looked on last gen.

Have they done any work on AC3? Far Cry 3 they did nothing to and it looked like it looked on last gen.

Yes they have. AC3 will be remastered for current gen so it's been fully worked upon and upgraded a la the Ezio Collection on PS4 to include "higher resolution textures, a new graphics engine, other graphical enhancements and improved gameplay mechanics".

In fairness to Ubisoft, the PS4 version of FC3 was never advertised as a remaster just that they improved some textures and made it smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I doubt they've done much work on ACIII (and to be honest I'm glad for that after what they did with the Ezio Collection, yikes!). I'm just glad to have the majority of AC games on one system. Now they just need to remaster AC1.

Did you actually play the Ezio collection though, or just watch one of those YouTube vids that slated it based on a few screenshots?

I'm curious, as I have played through 2 of the 3 games in it, with 165 hours play time and I think it's a great remaster :)

Either way, I now have 15 AC games on my xbox one :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm gonna get this for the long oct weekend and then get RDR at christmas hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,520 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’m the opposite. Because of the short gap between origin and odyssey I will play RDR 2 first then get odyssey some stage next year

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Game Collection still haven't dispatched my Gold Edition,zero chance of it arriving Tuesday id say..

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Shopto hasn't dispatched mine either although in Shopto's case I can understand why as they're extremely quick. If they dispatched it today it would arrive tomorrow.

It says "Awaiting Stock release" on the order,so im thinking they are embargoed from posting before a certain time

Reviews starting to come out and most seem to be very positive about the game.

• Advertisement

Holy shít, I just saw on Smyths site that my pre order is available tomorrow!
    Thought it was Friday!
    Nice surprise :D

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Holy shít, I just saw on Smyths site that my pre order is available tomorrow!
    Thought it was Friday!
    Nice surprise :D

Gold Edition release date is tomorrow :)
    Regular Edition on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Yes they have. AC3 will be remastered for current gen so it's been fully worked upon and upgraded a la the Ezio Collection on PS4 to include "higher resolution textures, a new graphics engine, other graphical enhancements and improved gameplay mechanics".

In fairness to Ubisoft, the PS4 version of FC3 was never advertised as a remaster just that they improved some textures and made it smoother.

You'd have to be a serious masochist to replay AC3.

Glazers Out!

Gold Edition release date is tomorrow :)
    Regular Edition on Friday.

I remember that discussion from before alright!
    But when I ordered the gold edition, it was for 5th.
    I remember telling someone that Smyths would sell it early, as required.
    I just kind of forgot it was 2nd over time :)

I was going to leave this until maybe Xmas or after, but damn, might take the plunge on it now. Get it mostly out of the way before RDR2. More interested and hyped for this than any AC game in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im gonna wait .......

Reads reviews

Purchases whatever edition with season pass

I learned nothing from Far Cry.....NOTHING!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,087 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This was the first AC I was interested in since Black Flag and even though the reviews look good, the descriptions of the map put me off.

"Colossal."

"Giant open world."

"Ubisoft's biggest world."

I don't want to be playing two massive sandbox games back-to-back with RDR2 coming.

• Any word on the combat? I can't imagine it's changed all that much since the last game and I really wasn't a fan of it at times. Definitely felt like it wasn't as easy as it should have been to use certain things like darts or smoke bombs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any word on the combat? I can't imagine it's changed all that much since the last game and I really wasn't a fan of it at times. Definitely felt like it wasn't as easy as it should have been to use certain things like darts or smoke bombs.

More or less the same, with maybe a few refinements

So, I'm playing in Exploration mode, rather than Guided mode.
    I think I'm enjoying it, not being so holding my hands about where I need to go, but it sometimes just means asking in dialogue where is the place that you want me to go!

I have to admit I got it wrong a few times and went to the wrong places. But call up Icarus and take a look around. You will get the close to objective sound/vibration when you find it!

This time you will get the close to objective sound/vibration for missions that are in your quests, but you may not necessarily be on at that moment. That's pretty handy, as you can choose to do it, if it's more important to you, or it'll just be marked on your map for when you go back to it!

Some nice touches :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Great to see the option to disable the {lets hold your hand} crap we see too often these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Dcully wrote: »
    Great to see the option to disable the {lets hold your hand} crap we see too often these days.

Love it. Have only played a bit now and am reallý enjoying. But dam the hunters are relentless or should I say the hunter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I'm on the fence about getting it honestly. I haven't played a single AC since Black Flag, and the general consensus of reviews I've read say it's just as good if not better. I couldn't care less about forking out extra dough for the season pass or anything like that, I've never done it for a single game and I don't plan in starting now. Watching some vids on it right now and it has piqued my interest. Though I admit right now I have no interest in the exploration part of it so I'll chicken out and go for the "hold me by the hand" approach :D

Also, this game is fúcking huge! :D

But it's not mainly land mass like Origins was last year.
    Plenty of water too :)

Advertisement