Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youths Rioting -ERU deployed(mod warning in op)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The place is in flames, god love anyone caught up in it

Was only redeveloped a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Should have sent the public order units and army riot squad in and brought the little animals under control

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Didn't they start holding older guys there?

I have visited it for work over the years, it has certainly changed. That huge wall is an awful thing. AFAIK, there was only a need for that when the more 'serious' offenders were put there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Edward Microscopic Tutu

Fantastic, cue heading weeks of crap on the airwaves about how these youths should have more facilities and support, yawn.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Boys will be boys, sure weren't ye all young once ? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

spurious wrote: »

I have visited it for work over the years, it has certainly changed. That huge wall is an awful thing. AFAIK, there was only a need for that when the more 'serious' offenders were put there.

Still youths but I think since St. Pats closed the more serious ones often end up there.

Think the oldest is 19,

Look like they will have to look at this softly softly approach ,
    We need better control of institutions here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Sending the ERU in is retarded. What are they going to do, start shooting people? If it's a riot, then send in riot police to baton the bollix out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Alice Huge Shingle

Boys will be boys, sure weren't ye all young once ? :pac:

Sure didn't they all have troubled childhoods and were abandoned at birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Sending the ERU in is retarded. What are they going to do, start shooting people? If it's a riot, then send in riot police to baton the bollix out of them.

You would think that alright but maybe they are concerned about outsiders with weapons joining in with the fire things aren't as secure. Or do the ERU double up as riot squad as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Who was left in charge when the staff walked out

You would think that alright but maybe they are concerned about outsiders with weapons joining in with the fire things aren't as secure. Or do the ERU double up as riot squad as well?

Maybe there job is to prevent a large number of scumbags escaping ,
    Improvised weapons vs rifles .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Kaden Gray Termination

A few low fly passes from a helicopter gunship would sort that crap out fairly shortish, and be rid of a generation of at least a small section of our scummy youth.

Let 'em burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Have any escaped or will we be only told this around lunchtime tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Which one of them is the daddy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

staff should be sacked here, irresponsible desertion of their duties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Reading that article reminded me of A Clockwork Orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The wall doesn't keep the little fookers in most of the time! they should be shackled when brought there and thought to have respect for everything and every one!

The staff went on strike earlier today because of the conditions they have to work in and all the little darlings were locked up all morning so obviously got onto snapchat and organised a riot to get their own back on the staff.

most of those bastards will be released now as there is no suitable place to detain them, I would suggest a wing in a mental hospital like St Ita's in Portrane.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/eru-deployed-as-oberstown-youth-detention-centre-set-on-fire-after-hours-of-rioting-by-inmates-35005323.html

One member of staff was reported to have been seriously injured and taken to hospital after being attacked by inmates yesterday evening. No further details were available.

Eight youths remain on the roof. Six units of Dublin Fire Brigade are at the scene.

A spokesperson for the Minister for Children, Katherine Zappone, said the Minister would not be issuing any comment while the situation was ongoing.
    Why would this be in the hands of the minister for Children? Should be the minister for Justice and the Fire brigade should be washing the little bastards off the roof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭ Edward Microscopic Tutu

Hmm, I'm terrible but I can't help of thinking of inappropriate song titles for the situation - Sleep Now In The Fire by Rage Against The Machine.

A few low fly passes from a helicopter gunship would sort that crap out fairly shortish, and be rid of a generation of at least a small section of our scummy youth.

Let 'em burn.

Have you thought about a career in politics .

That's vote winning there boys and girls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The wall doesn't keep the little fookers in most of the time! they should be shackled when brought there and thought to have respect for everything and every one!

The staff went on strike earlier today because of the conditions they have to work in and all the little darlings were locked up all morning so obviously got onto snapchat and organised a riot to get their own back on the staff.

we've all seen what filth some staff are :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2cadd5_rte-prime-time-investigates-aras-attracta_school

maybe some of the staff are part of the problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Lots of mixed reporting at the moment. But the photos on the Indo website look like a lot of damage tonight. Yet Irish Times says Fire Service have it all under control, and the gardai have been there all day. Whatever the truth, taxpayer will face another huge bill to fix all this. How so few youths could take control and cause so much damage so quickly with staff and gardai on site leaves a lot of questions... I do feel sorry for the staff. Not a job most of us would want.
    I would imagine the rehabilitation rate is very very small - anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Oops69 wrote: »
    staff should be sacked here, irresponsible desertion of their duties

Yeah. They should never have objected to being constantly assaulted by scumbag criminals and having the people who run the show ignoring it.

Just keep going to work and having the head smacked off you by teenage scummers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Rashers72 wrote: »
    How so few youths could take control and cause so much damage so quickly with staff and gardai on site leaves a lot of questions...

Because society refuses to accept that "bad" people exist. We treat everyone with kid gloves no matter how bad they behave. The authorities i.e. gardai and the people supervising these "juveniles" are afraid of their lives to be robust or enforce any sort of order that doesn't involve patting them on the back and saying "there, there there".

The ironic thing is that if the real scummers were isolated out of this facility and kept in a proper secure jail it would free up much needed time and resources to help the kids who can and want to be helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,229 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Skangers indulging in a spot of skanging, napalm should sort it out reasonably sharpish.

Glazers Out!

Rashers72 wrote: »
    How so few youths could take control and cause so much damage so quickly with staff and gardai on site leaves a lot of questions... I do feel sorry for the staff. Not a job most of us would want.
    I would imagine the rehabilitation rate is very very small - anyone know?

It only took 2 teens a few weeks ago to get there hands on keys and swipe cards off some guards funny part was they robbbed other inmates before getting their hands on tools and climed up on the roof ,
    After that 5 escaped from the facility,
    The Garda are not allowed on the site unless invited by the warden they are usually tuned away from the gates if a staff member dials 999

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The scum of the earth are in that place , they are just younger than most .

their crimes are horrible and they should be treated accordingly .

pepper spray batons and guns if necessary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Replace the entire facility with a firing squad and save the state/normal people loads of hassle and millions of funding.

I hope the Gardai hammered the ****e out of them tonight. I'd pay for tickets to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Replace the entire facility with a firing squad and save the state/normal people loads of hassle and millions of funding.

I hope the Gardai hammered the ****e out of them tonight. I'd pay for tickets to watch it.

A firing squad? Jesus ****ing Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Needs Must

rat poison in their methadone would be the easiest solution all round

Advertisement