Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,117 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Right, so I just played this for a few hours on the xbox 360 and it was good ould craic.

The textures are rubbish but I presume the game will come with a HD texture pack like BF3 did. The levolution did make a big difference to the level design. It made the chopper much harder to fly cause visability was hugely reduced and everything got covered in dust.

I didn't notice many places where the environment was more destructable than on BF3 but I do like the kill cam

It'll be interesting to see how the commander mode works out when it's implemented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Akrasia wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see how the commander mode works out when it's implemented

I can't wait for armoured cars to be deployed as road blocks and stationary weapon blockers :P

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dcully wrote: »
    I accidentally downloaded into my normal HDD and found it a tad stuttery, downloaded it again to my much faster Crucial M4 SSD and the stuttering is gone.
    Is there a way to have it installed to the non-default Origin directory? I don't want all meh Orgin games installed on the SSD, only this Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

If i order the Battlefield 4 [Online Game Code] from Amazon, do I get access to the beta as soon as I order ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just getting a "loading" screen that won't go away every time I try and join a server. Between this and GTA... f**king disaster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

the_syco wrote: »
    Is there a way to have it installed to the non-default Origin directory? I don't want all meh Orgin games installed on the SSD, only this Beta.

Origin-Application Settings-Advanced

Then under Downloaded Games you can change the location your games will be installed to.

Dermighty wrote: »
    I can't wait for armoured cars to be deployed as road blocks and stationary weapon blockers :P
    If I'm commander there'll be tanks on the roof of every skyscraper... Maybe that's why they gave the C4 to the Snipers this time..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Fenix wrote: »
    If i order the Battlefield 4 [Online Game Code] from Amazon, do I get access to the beta as soon as I order ?

No, just when the game is released on November 1st.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Getting a "bf4.exe - Bad Image" error message now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Played it on PS3, comments:

- the vehicle controls are a farce, using the D pad to accelerate and reverse is painstaking... i seriously hate it.

- the sniper gun sounds are amazing but the bullets travel very slowly, no?

- controls are more BC2 than BF3, why change them, they are kinda sluggish

- visibility is poor meaning i was shooting at a friendly target when sniping, couldnt spot him from that far

- spotting moved to R2... why oh why?

- PDWs are poor

- what is this about critical hit, i was sure it was said that an RPG to the roof would cause a lot of damage, causes only 25-28 damage... 4 RPGs = bang... surely should be less?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I played a few games last night and did not have any loading errors (playing PC version). The conquest games I jumped into were all post-skyscraper so I've yet to see the map in all it's glory. The debris & dust don't do much to sell the game in graphical terms.

I was happy with the gameplay but I'll need to spend some time in getting the controls setup like BF3. It's a shame they didnt load your key bindings from BF3.
    I enjoyed the subtle lean animation when looking around corners. The sound of the guns and environment were also closer to Bad Company which was far better than BF3.

Overall I like it but it does not have the same WOW factor that I got from the BF3 betas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The game post skyscraper is fairly weak.

Pre skyscraper I feel the map is a bit too open. It reminds me of Metro without the cool parts like the firefights in the apartment buildings.

The domination version is a bit better, quite like the market level from BF3, though the whole roof section seems more like a counter strike map than battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Are you using the new beta driver's, http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-win7-winvista-64bit-331.40-beta-driver.html
    On reddit they're saying it fixed the issue.

Cheers m8. Downloaded those drivers. Now . Connect to a server and it is just stuck on black screen with loading while I still hear match going on lol.
    It's just my luck I guess.

mozattack wrote: »
    Played it on PS3, comments:

- the vehicle controls are a farce, using the D pad to accelerate and reverse is painstaking... i seriously hate it.

- the sniper gun sounds are amazing but the bullets travel very slowly, no?

- controls are more BC2 than BF3, why change them, they are kinda sluggish

- visibility is poor meaning i was shooting at a friendly target when sniping, couldnt spot him from that far

- spotting moved to R2... why oh why?

- PDWs are poor

- what is this about critical hit, i was sure it was said that an RPG to the roof would cause a lot of damage, causes only 25-28 damage... 4 RPGs = bang... surely should be less?
    You can change the controls to 'veteran' in the options menu and they're almost the same as they are in BF3 (except for spotting and entering exiting vehicles)

Finally got a game. Spawned as a passenger in a chopper, spent the whole time trying to get out of the poxy thing :pac:

The button configuration changes are too much at the minute. Anyone know how to exit a vehicle on PS3?

Edit: Nevermind, it's square, although that definitely wasn't working for me in the chopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I'm sure this has been explained to me before but can someone tell me why you have to be ingame to setup your controls ? ( actually ingame in a server ) .

I can't get over some of the button changes. There's some things you should just stick with, especially things like spotting and melee.
    Keep bringing up the f**king Battlelog when trying to spot :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Yea just go to Origin settings and application settings > Advanced then you can change the location. You can then copy and paste the files into the new location and it will save you having to redownload it again. Just click download in Origin it will jump 20-40-60% etc really fast.

Akrasia wrote: »
    You can change the controls to 'veteran' in the options menu and they're almost the same as they are in BF3 (except for spotting and entering exiting vehicles)

This applies to tanks too? If so... GREAT.

Does anything it takes ages to get in and outta vehicles?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jonski wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been explained to me before but can someone tell me why you have to be ingame to setup your controls ? ( actually ingame in a server ) .

Your a terrible tank commander.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Your a terrible tank commander.

:eek:
    That may be true but not nearly as bad as you are a tank driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Moved the beta to my ssd also to speed up the loading times and updated my drivers but have had few graphic problems since.

Can't for the life of me rebind keys or mouse buttons :( .
    Will play a few more games today on the PC version and then I'll try the PS3 version when I get that downloaded.

Edit; Got them bound in the end , went into an empty server and had no problems doing it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dcully wrote: »
    Origin-Application Settings-Advanced

Then under Downloaded Games you can change the location your games will be installed to.
    Is this the directory where all your Origin games will install to? Looking for something like Steam where I can put lesser played games on my large HDD, and certain games that I'll play a lot on my SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

playing the beta and reading the battlelog forum reminds me.

I really really like playing battlefield.

But I hate almost every single other person who plays it if the forums and some of the ingame chat are to be believed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

For those having issues connecting to servers/loading the game. Go here: http://www.evenbalance.com/?page=pbsetup.php & update punkbuster. Fixed SOME of my issues :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Is this the directory where all your Origin games will install to? Looking for something like Steam where I can put lesser played games on my large HDD, and certain games that I'll play a lot on my SSD.

If you want one game on your SSD change the path to your SSD then install it after it is installed change it back to your HDD. It does not move your other already installed games. Origin is actually really good for moving games around.

I have most of mine on a external HDD but BF and MOH are on SSD and they run fine. If you want to move it copy and paste it to a new location and change the path in Origin and click install.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    playing the beta and reading the battlelog forum reminds me.

I really really like playing battlefield.

But I hate almost every single other person who plays it if the forums and some of the ingame chat are to be believed.

HA HA... true, it is like though, look at how many posts are in the boards.ie re negative matters on BF compared to positive matters... negativity wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ Kinley Delicious Kneecap

This was annoying me, nice to have it fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Game is running well on my dated rig (i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz - Ati 6990) . Does need optimising but anyone giving out about that at this early stage needs a nade down the jocks!

Nice to see the tanks are stronger then cardboard again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

This was annoying me, nice to have it fixed

"BF3"? :P

Advertisement