Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Great fight if Martinez still has most of it left he should win, don't no how Cotto will do at 160 i'd go for Sergio to win but nice big fight set for 2014. Also i saw Mccloskey lost to Dave Ryan on the Hall bill, apparently Paul and his team are going to file a complaint to the Board of Control. Did anyone see the fight what are him and his teams complaints about the fight.

Even if he was robbed he should think of retiring at this stage, his reactions have been in decline for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,562 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Even if he was robbed he should think of retiring at this stage, his reactions have been in decline for years now.

Neither man interest me. Both in decline. Cotto a real has been!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Henno30

A healthy Sergio would obliterate Cotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Golovkin is now NOT WBA Super Champion. Martin Murray vs Jarrod Fletcher is now for the Interim Title. #boxing

they can't make a super champion unless he unifies, even if it is Golovkin.

Yay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Floyd has posted on FB asking for opinions on who should he fight in May: Pac, Khan, Chino. I wish he'd quit all the social media BS and sort sh*t out...saying that most know it'll never be Pacman in May 2014.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Lads is there anything decent on this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Foxinho

Channel is Price on?

Foxinho wrote: »
    Channel is Price on?

BoxNation. Channel 437 Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Price's opponent has changed. Not that I heard of either of them! Should be an easy night for him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Well that didn't take long. Price with a KO victory in round 1. Good thing I held off going to the bathroom so. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Deiseboy01

Intriguing fight. Really looking forward to it. Bradley on the up since their last fight, Pacman on the slide, great story line running into this one. I think Bradley can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Derek Chisora continuing on his war path of beating has-been or never were's by taking on Kevin Johnson on Feb 15th.

Fair play to him, he is probably making a nice living for himself off these fights but I wonder does he still fancy himself on he world stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,708 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Derek Chisora continuing on his war path of beating has-been or never were's by taking on Kevin Johnson on Feb 15th.

Fair play to him, he is probably making a nice living for himself off these fights but I wonder does he still fancy himself on he world stage?

Fury is on that card too. Seemingly Fury/Del Boy 2 is being set up for June..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Mayweather Khan seems to be pretty much a go, pathetic fight choice from Money tbh

I sometimes wonder if these kind of fights would tarnish his legacy more then a defeat! Probably not I guess, uninspiring ****e all the same

kryogen wrote: »
    Mayweather Khan seems to be pretty much a go, pathetic fight choice from Money tbh

I sometimes wonder if these kind of fights would tarnish his legacy more then a defeat! Probably not I guess, uninspiring ****e all the same

I'd be interested to watch this one. I know Mayweather is a huge fav but Khan has real speed, can he get in and out quick enough to make Mayweather miss? Khan usually gets picked off by being too aggressive, can he keep his discipline, hit and move? Its an interesting fight to me. More interesting than watching Mayweather give another banger a boxing lesson for 12 rounds at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Dont think Khan will pose much of a challenge at all to him, even taking into account speed, Mayweather will be, imo, way too clever for him, Khan doesnt have the skill to outbox Floyd and he sure as hell isnt going to out think him.

I can see a late stoppage when he realizes he is too far behind on points to have a chance and may as well go hell for leather, leaving his all too suspect chin open.

To me this fight is going to be no different then watching Mayweather give a banger a boxing lesson ;)

kryogen wrote: »
    Dont think Khan will pose much of a challenge at all to him, even taking into account speed, Mayweather will be, imo, way too clever for him, Khan doesnt have the skill to outbox Floyd and he sure as hell isnt going to out think him.

I can see a late stoppage when he realizes he is too far behind on points to have a chance and may as well go hell for leather, leaving his all too suspect chin open.

To me this fight is going to be no different then watching Mayweather give a banger a boxing lesson ;)

You're probably right but I just think this could be an interfering fight for a few rounds if Khan doesn't choke and just goes out to pop Floyd with quick combos, get in and out fast and on his bike. It's at least has the potential to have a different dynamic that watching Canelo or Guerro plod after him while getting picked off on the counter.

I think to get mayweather to miss he's going to have to hurt him with one of the in out quick combos. Which he wont. I do agreei it wont be like someone plodding after him and he getting the counters. He's too smart and disciplined, and Kahn isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Is that Mayweather v Khan fight official?

• Advertisement

tunguska wrote: »
    Is that Mayweather v Khan fight official?

No, not yet, but looking more and more like it. Khan did say and contract was signed, but Mayweather camp disputes this.

Also lads, who won between Jennings and Szpilka??

No, not yet, but looking more and more like it. Khan did say and contract was signed, but Mayweather camp disputes this.

Also lads, who won between Jennings and Szpilka??

Didn't see it but heard jennings dominated in his way to a 10 rd TKO. Good win for him against another unbeaten fighter.

I was falling asleep and seen him rocking Szpilka in the earlier rounds but dont remember anything after. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

The most interesting thing about Khan v Mayweather will be listening to people try and come up with ways in which Khan can potentially trouble him. Gonna be hilarious.

I look forward to this clash of styles with Floyd and Amir!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Mayweather lands that right hand at will. Khan has an extremely porous defence and a glass chin. I can see this being no bother whatsoever for Floyd. (Who still has lightening hand speed I may add.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Foxinho

Khan mayweather will be a must watch fight to be fair. Mayweather knows that Kan ( for whatever reason) is a popular fighter with an agressive style and will grab lots of PPV buys and can capture the imagination of the public over here! Money will batter him imo. and get closer to that 50 and 0

Deontay Wilder is fighting Malik Scott on the undercard of Garcia s next fight. Bit of a step up, will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Victor Ortiz was beaten by KO in the 2nd round last night.

• Advertisement

The Deontay Wilder vs Malik Scott fight on 15th of March is now a WBC eliminator. The winner will be mandatory challenger for the winner of the Arreola vs Stiverne fight.

Great oppurtunity for Wilder to become world champ out of that group IMO.

Advertisement