Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wheelie Bin Robberies?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah it costs a fair bit to get a new one. Heard it was 50 euro from Panda. Thats why people steal them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    We had our green bin stolen in February. We wont be leaving them outside for too long again.
    Kind of ridiculous some companies make you pay for replacements considering they seem to be common and easy to rob...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Yeah it costs a fair bit to get a new one. Heard it was 50 euro from Panda. Thats why people steal them.

Well if they didn't steal them in the first place it wouldn't cost them €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Just a while ago I heard a strange noise outside and saw that a group of men in hoodies were taking wheelie bins from the houses beside us and our own. They only made away with one when they were caught but still I found it very strange when I heard that others had theirs robbed too. What on earth would you steal a wheelie bin for!? Saw they had a barrel of kerosene with them too so don't know if it's just for a laugh or what.

Have you ever had your bin stolen? Why would you steal one in the first place? :confused: Strange world...

What a pointless waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Mariasofia wrote: »
    Thought mine was robbed last week.
    I told the Chinese fella next door I was on holidays in America and he says "where you wheelie bin?"......I panic for a second but then realised what he actually said so I replied" ok I was in Galway for a few days!"

I noticed this morning that the African ladies bin next door to me was gone.
    Rung the doorbell, she sticks her head out the top window.

"Where's your bin"? I ask.

"I's bin in bed honey, where's you bin!" says she.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Cydoniac wrote: »
    Kind of ridiculous some companies make you pay for replacements considering they seem to be common and easy to rob...

Lets face it the whole refuse industry is total rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭steveone

They make great water butts.....

kneemos wrote: »
    Well if they didn't steal them in the first place it wouldn't cost them €50.

I dont follow :confused:
    Because it doesnt matter if no-one stole them, panda would still charge you for a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Rubbish thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I dont follow :confused:
    Because it doesnt matter if no-one stole them, panda would still charge you for a new one.

But you wouldn't need a new one if nobody stole them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I heard they set fire to them and inhale the smoke to kill the last braincells.

kneemos wrote: »
    But you wouldn't need a new one if nobody stole them.

You do realise apart from bins being stolen they can break :pac:

Sure take my black bin for example. Took a knock last year whilst being lifted. The hatch/door hangs off to one side now. But easily could of been a knock to one of its wheels. In which I'd have to get one (wouldnt be a wheelie bin if you couldnt wheel it lol :pac: )

But lets be honest, Kneemos. There are stupid people out there who would put hot coals into the wheelie bin, plow into it with their car by mistake etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Rabbitt

You do realise apart from bins being stolen they can break :pac:

Sure take my black bin for example. Took a knock last year whilst being lifted. The hatch/door hangs off to one side now. But easily could of been a knock to one of its wheels. In which I'd have to get one (wouldnt be a wheelie bin if you couldnt wheel it lol :pac: )

But lets be honest, Kneemos. There are stupid people out there who would put hot coals into the wheelie bin, plow into it with their car by mistake etc.

My recyclable wheelie bin was nicked last night. All the neighbous bins were left. Is there anything more sinister with it being taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Scumbag wheelie bin derby somewhere maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

Mine was out for collection this morning.Came home from work to find it had been stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Johngoose wrote: »
    Mine was out for collection this morning.Came home from work to find it had been stolen.

Wheelie sorry for your compost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭Tail Docker

There's a bounty out on them - you bring in a bin and they give you €120.00 cash for it - they're exported to Lichtenstein who are experiencing a severe bin shortage. There's container loads of them heading out. *

may contain traces of exaggeration/lies or disingenuousenesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

2 of mine were robbed, i now chain them to the wall, which is a bit sad but what can ya do. circa 80 quid a pop for a replacement! Knacker drinking was always expensive for the locals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I had my green bin robbed twice, found the melted remains of one down by the luas tracks. I think they rob them to set them on fire so they're nice and warm while they knacker drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I used to rob wheelie bins to order when I was a juvenile I'm ashamed to say.

It was nice money at the time, amongst other little enterprises I had going.
    I suppose kids are at it for the same reasons today. Quick, easy money. There is significant demand for second hand wheelie bins believe it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Lady_North1

My three bins robbed last night. €120 to replace them. Can't bloody afford this, especially this time of the year. little ba****ds.....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Jagdtiger

Advertisement