Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Usyk v Bellew SSBO 10pm

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

android1 wrote: »
    Let's not make fun of a clearly concussed fighter.

Scandalous how he wasnt looked after before the interview, obvious he was concussed

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Try_harder wrote: »
    Mallinagi must be pised off working with Froch

I'd say so, commentator teeing Paulie up saying you know what it's like to shock the world of boxing as the older boxer like you did against Senchenko and Froch jumps in with some bollocks of boxing being great as it's a two horse race.

He's not talking to you ya clown. Kinda felt like Froch and Paulie couldn't hear each other or decided to ignore each other!

Turned off straight after, they actually interviewed him! They are a great bunch of lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Sky Lads Seriously- Usyk bided his time, nothing to do with Bellew

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

pac_man wrote: »
    People used to give stick about fighting in Germany and needed the knockout against your opponent. There's some serious home cooking going on in the UK and foreign fighters would want to be paid well before fighting over there.

The ref they got for Joshua v Parker and how he reffed it confirmed as much to me when they fought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Whatever ones opinion of a fighters personality, some of the comments above are all that's wrong with social media and fight fans in general. Bellew is well past he's prime, beaten fair and square but fair balls for taking on the challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

What the **** are Sky talking about.

Yer man let Bellew punch himself out.
    Usyk was walking through him for the 2nd half of that fight.

I never really thought he was going to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I had it 4-3 Usyk, a few rounds were close though so Bellew being up isn’t that far fetched. Usyk was well on top at the time of the stoppage though and it was only going one way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Bellew had me nervous for a while but Usky is miles above him as proved.

I always thought bellew was feather fisted, and it proved that Usyk punches way harder than him. Usyk can definitely hurt heavyweights if Bellew can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭jimbev

https://www.complaintsboard.com/sky-sports-b123318

Lads if everybody sends in a coplaint about froch we might be able to get rid of him

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Commanchie

jimbev wrote: »

Lads if everybody sends in a coplaint about froch we might be able to get rid of him

Wouldnt be so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭anthonyjmaher

Whatever ones opinion of a fighters personality, some of the comments above are all that's wrong with social media and fight fans in general. Bellew is well past he's prime, beaten fair and square but fair balls for taking on the challenge

The problem is not with Bellew not being brave or being a good fight or not having balls. The problem is Bellew has been sh1ting on the last year like he is a boxing legend, when the only person he has beaten is a crippled David Haye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Glad I didnt pay for that. An undercard that would look average on regular Sky, it was a complete cash grab. F*cking Dave Allen wobbling about against some unknown at 6 days notice on every PPV. Scott Cardle must have some incriminating evidence on Eddie h for all the gigs he gets.

Plus I got a german stream so didnt have to listen to Froch.

Moaning aside, if Eddie had touched Tonys head would it have been a DQ? Obviously he wasnt getting up, but hypothetically...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

The problem is not with Bellew not being brave or being a good fight or not having balls. The problem is Bellew has been sh1ting on the last year like he is a boxing legend, when the only person he has beaten is a crippled David Haye.

How dare you. Didnt you hear? Hes an all time great of the sport.

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bad form interviewing a guy whose head is clearly minced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭The Dagestani Eagle

awec wrote: »
    Bad form interviewing a guy whose head is clearly minced.

I agree Awec. I think in UFC Rogan doesn't do it anymore. Since Overeem Stipe.

jimbev wrote: »

Have you read the complaints? :) **** me some of them have no lives

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Sh1te talk is all part of the game& sells fights(just look at c MC g) my objection is people clearly relishing a fighters downfall to a younger better fighter &subsequent concussion with such glee

In fairness to him he does take the mick out of himself from time to time, he said it many times in the build up that Usyk is levels above him. Said same about Haye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Glad I didnt pay for that. An undercard that would look average on regular Sky, it was a complete cash grab. F*cking Dave Allen wobbling about against some unknown at 6 days notice on every PPV. Scott Cardle must have some incriminating evidence on Eddie h for all the gigs he gets.

Plus I got a german stream so didnt have to listen to Froch.

Moaning aside, if Eddie had touched Tonys head would it have been a DQ? Obviously he wasnt getting up, but hypothetically...

Eddie would have needed a forklift to get that corpse upright after that knockdown.

Does anybody think Bellew looked a bit flabby ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

duffman13 wrote: »
    I'd say so, commentator teeing Paulie up saying you know what it's like to shock the world of boxing as the older boxer like you did against Senchenko and Froch jumps in with some bollocks of boxing being great as it's a two horse race.

He's not talking to you ya clown. Kinda felt like Froch and Paulie couldn't hear each other or decided to ignore each other!
    Pretty sure Froch spoke about the two horse race when Smith asked him about beating Bute so you owe poor Carl a massive apology.

On the fight I enjoyed it. Bellew started well but Usyk from about round six took complete control. Interesting to see which heavyweight will be thrown to Usyk next. If Joshua- Wilder gets made for April I reckon Whyte could get the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I don't think Bellew was past his prime, he just ran out of steam because Usyk is just so fleet footed and can land at awkward angles. He also judges distance perfectly. The only thing he lacks is knock out power, against the bigger lads, who are elite heavyweights, that will be undoing, I think. He would have a good chance against the likes of Whyte, Chisora and Parker. No doubt if he does move up, Hearn will match him with one of these guys to start with.

Ashamed to say it but part of me is sad we will never get to see the circus that would have been Fury v Bellew. I usually hate the play acting but that would have been gas.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Ashamed to say it but part of me is sad we will never get to see the circus that would have been Fury v Bellew. I usually hate the play acting but that would have been gas.

Fury loses it could still be on

Advertisement