Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Double Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi

Unfortunately your report doesn't give us enough information to be able in investigate properly. Some changes were made this morning that might be causing this but in order to dig deeper we need to know the following...

Responsive or legacy site? If you're using the Legacy site - Quick Reply or Advanced? What Browser are you using?

Cheers
    Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am using Google Chrome

I am double posting again using google chrome

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi JP Liz V1,

Are you using the Legacy or Responsive site? We've been working to resolve an issue that arose on the Responsive Site, so hopefully that should put an end to double posts.

I'm double posting again with Google Chrome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Legacy site.

The POST action succeeds but a response is never sent so the browser hangs waiting for it, if you kill the action and go again you'll get the dupe message as expected.

Google Chrome 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: 74_131_Win)
    OS Windows Server OS Build 14393.2941

I'm double posting from phone too

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement